Mormegil

Leo, what exactly do you mean by "God-Realization"?

25 posts in this topic

Hey Leo,

you use this term a lot recently and I'm wondering: do you mean "God-Realization" is the realization that God exists OR the realization that I am God (or something else^^)? Cause those are two different things obviously and don't come necessarily together in one Awakening.

I started to wonder when you had a post on your blog, where it said that Buddhism and Christianity is not God-Realization. Just curious, what exactly you mean by it now.

Thanks!

Edited by Mormegil

Good question!

It's tricky because there are many degrees of it.

I use it as a catch-all term.

Generally what I mean is much more than realizing God exists. I mean becoming conscious of how you as God are imagining the entire universe and everyone in it. With a sense of absolute Aloneness and omniscience. To be conscious of how you imagined all human beings, all past and future, and how your physical body is your own imagination.

But it also goes way beyond that.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Good question!

It's tricky because there are many degrees of it.

I use it as a catch-all term.

Generally what I mean is much more than realizing God exists. I mean becoming conscious of how you as God are imagining the entire universe and everyone in it. With a sense of absolute Aloneness and omniscience. To be conscious of how you imagined all human beings, all past and future, and how your physical body is your own imagination.

But it also goes way beyond that.

Absolute aloneness is simply a stage of awakening along the way.
You come to love the loneliness just like everything else and the loneliness reveals itself yet another illusion.
The atman feels lonely, because it's local form; loneliness is just the bi-product of biological mechanisms.
Infinity is the formless ONE.  Transcend the atman and there's a Infinite plenum of Gods that you are co-creating Reality with.

Only an ego feels lonely. Once the feeling passes, so too has the ego.

Edited by tuku747

Aloneness does not equal loneliness.

Edited by Leo Gura

11 hours ago, Mormegil said:

Hey Leo,

you use this term a lot recently and I'm wondering: do you mean "God-Realization" is the realization that God exists OR the realization that I am God (or something else^^)? Cause those are two different things obviously and don't come necessarily together in one Awakening.

I started to wonder when you had a post on your blog, where it said that Buddhism and Christianity is not God-Realization. Just curious, what exactly you mean by it now.

Thanks!

God existing and you being God are the same thing.  When you realize God you will realize this.  And you will realize Oneness. . All you have to do for God realization is turn inwards.   But no one wants to do it.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 Is it possible to realize oneness without realizing god? Oneness is the same as infinity right?

1 hour ago, Alta said:

@Inliytened1 Is it possible to realize oneness without realizing god? Oneness is the same as infinity right?

No it's not.  Yes, Oneness is Infinity.   There are different facets of Oneness or Truth.   You can realize Infinity- which will blow the doors off of your human body.  And you can realize Oneness.  Realizing you are your mother and every other being in existence will leave you completely Alone.  That is also an Absolute.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Aloneness does not equal loneliness.

The chief motto of all introverts.

God is the ultimate introvert.

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

3 minutes ago, Osaid said:

The chief motto of all introverts.

God is the ultimate introvert.

God created the word and he created how to be an extrovert as well.  I shouldn't say he, because there is no form.  But there is Being.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

In my experience Oneness and Infinity can be grasped as independent facets. Although of course they are deeply connected, but you may not realize that connection at the same time. Or you could.

Edited by Leo Gura

11 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

God existing and you being God are the same thing.  When you realize God you will realize this.

You are right of course, it is ultimately the same. But I would bet that most people who had God Realizations in the past (like christian monks for example) were more likely to only realize the existence of God while not realizing that it's them! :D Probably because of their deep belief that God is an entirely separated entity. So I'm not sure that for every person God Realization is always the same thing.

27 minutes ago, Mormegil said:

You are right of course, it is ultimately the same. But I would bet that most people who had God Realizations in the past (like christian monks for example) were more likely to only realize the existence of God while not realizing that it's them! :D Probably because of their deep belief that God is an entirely separated entity. So I'm not sure that for every person God Realization is always the same thing.

Well absolutey.  You can have an experience of God which is actually what happened to me first.  I had an experience of God.  Then later I had more awakenings where I realized I was God.  The experiences of God are so powerful though, that they do seem like God is other to you.   And it is, to the ego.  

But that's what God is.  God is an experience. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

This kind of grasping with words is a interesting game, because if you look well to words they are this markings themselfs, letters forming words forming sentences, and sentences forming whole explanation castels, and still they are in this exact moment being part of my awareness, including the ideia that this awareness is my or procuced by me, feel like this is as a man made of air trying to grasp himself, or using his airy hand to hold his other hand, or the mind that generate the process of ideation being itself an ideia trying to explain how it ideate itself, how infinity self generated itself or from what oneness oneness came from, or from what model or bluprint universe got the ideia to create what it is now takes as universe.

I can use the english structure to write and with skills I could create a whole world with words as in books like Lord of the Rings but what if I had no language to do it, no hands to scrible ,no eyes to read,  nothing. How would I create from scratch a whole world? Including an "I" ? How can something come from nothing? Even the word God and Infinity must be constrained in 3 letters and 8 letters. We could talk about both for years and that would not be enougth to understand the fullness of both. 

In regards of Buddhism not being equal God- Realization it would be like sitting in a boat and thinking that by analysis of the boat you would be able to cross the river. If you research there are even a zen master that ripped the Sutras apart showing the useless of it to reach whatever they point to, although I think is ridiculous to do such a show because if the realization is beyond sutras why bother to destroy them?

This quote below is from a small paper about Lankavatara Sutra.

" It is not sufficient to have the cup of tea in your hand, you must taste the tea. It is  useful to think of the elements that makeup the cup itself as the myriad concepts of Mahayana Buddhism...If the ...elements that make up the cup do not 
congeal smoothly into the form of a useable cup, the jumble of elements will not hold tea. Of course, most practitioners find that understanding this myriad of concepts in depth without the guidance of a master is extremely difficult. For the less accomplished, their “cup” might never hold tea, at least in their present lifetime.

Pdf in attachment lankavatara_sutra.pdf

1 hour ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

This kind of grasping with words is a interesting game, because if you look well to words they are this markings themselfs, letters forming words forming sentences, and sentences forming whole explanation castels, and still they are in this exact moment being part of my awareness, including the ideia that this awareness is my or procuced by me, feel like this is as a man made of air trying to grasp himself, or using his airy hand to hold his other hand, or the mind that generate the process of ideation being itself an ideia trying to explain how it ideate itself, how infinity self generated itself or from what oneness oneness came from, or from what model or bluprint universe got the ideia to create what it is now takes as universe.

I can use the english structure to write and with skills I could create a whole world with words as in books like Lord of the Rings but what if I had no language to do it, no hands to scrible ,no eyes to read,  nothing. How would I create from scratch a whole world? Including an "I" ? How can something come from nothing? Even the word God and Infinity must be constrained in 3 letters and 8 letters. We could talk about both for years and that would not be enougth to understand the fullness of both. 

You only need Mind for that.  You don't need the visual field or language - or any of it.  Because you are conscious.   Consciousness is a beautiful thing. 

By the way - who is your favorite character in Lord of the Rings?  I'm taking Strider. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

I had an experience of God.  Then later I had more awakenings where I realized I was God.  The experiences of God are so powerful though, that they do seem like God is other to you.   And it is, to the ego.  

Same

Life is so vast, that intellect and logic are unable to contain it. Life contains logic and intellect that is part of man. Logic parts life in an attempt to grasp its immensity and in which man feels an existential angst.

Science is to know the exterior objective physical world, religion is to know the interior subjective world of man. The subject of which is an abyss to the intellect, for the source of who we are, that is God, is vast. A part can’t contain the whole, but is contained by it.

We are in a intellectual abyss for we are trying to grasp an abyss beyond logic and duality (subjective), with an intellect that is logical and dual (objective) Man is lost in translation, the translation of realms and dimensions that he is betwixt. The realm of logic and love.

Metaphysics is about that which is beyond physics, beyond the laws of the physical world, for we exist within the spiritual,within God, not without. Logic deduces the whole to its parts. In deduction exists reduction. The part tries to get to the whole that is larger than itself.

The physical world follows logic, the other world is beyond logic. Logic is science, what is beyond logic is religious. Science is about the seen world, religion about the unseen. It is not that God is dead, but that we are dead to the world of God.

People who sense something beyond the objective materialist world, are correct, but not in their interpretation and application of it to the world of physical laws. They try to impose the metaphysical which is illogical and infinite to the physical which is logical and finite.

Both exist, but in their respective realms, within reality. Reality encompasses realms, a certain realm cant encompass and be imposed on reality. To fit the metaphysical onto the physical is the issue, its not that we come from the metaphysical, but out of it.

We are not apart from the metaphysical, but in process with it, and yet we try to part ourself from it in order to grasp it with our intellect of which it can only grasp the part and not the whole.

To tie this into politics, the far left lean into subjective reality denying the objective, the far right objective reality at the cost of the subjective. The spirit is bifurcated through biology but longs to transmute that to which it is born into, back to its source, unity.

The trans movement,whether in biology or humanism appeals to the spirit of man but not in the expression it takes in society. It is a hijacking and misinterpretation of the spiritual instinct to transcend. Man wants to transcend the duality of his biology, not transmix biology.

If we are subjects experiencing the objective world, then the question arises who is the subject, who am I? Beasts know not that they are, man knows that he is, but not who he is. An awakened one, a prophet knows who he is. Ordinary man is in limbo between these dimensions.

The external world is dual, dialectic, syllogistic, logically a place of cause and effect, thesis and antithesis. The interior world is in its essence synthesised. Synthesis isn’t external but internal, of the spirit that is one. We try to synthesis that essence,externally.

Mans trouble is his sense of being between the duality of realms, his juvenile awareness of his oneness amongst the duality. His struggle and angst is in comprehending, translating, and existing between these realms, to be in the world and not of it.

To partake in life, without parting himself from it through the means of his intellect, which tries to fragment the tapestry of the life to its parts in an attempt to feel at ease with it. The finite can only hold the finite, the mind makes the infinite finite for its sake.

To hold life's essence is to be-hold it. To behold, one must first be. The intellect, a lousy master but a good servant clouds this being. Empty the mind and be to be hold life and be held by the essence that is life, that is to be with the infinite, dis-embodied yet embodied.

Logic asks why, love asks why not. Logic reduces life to its part, love raises life to its whole. Logic is the realm of the physical world of cause and effect, love the realm of the spiritual world of union. Logic is causal minded, love is union felt.

Logic goes through the part, love through the whole. Logic is linear, life non-linear, circular. Alchemising itself. A straight line, taken to its end will circle the earth back to itself. A line is part of a circle, yet we focus only on the line. Behold, the circle of life.

18 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

God existing and you being God are the same thing.

should be obvious to non dualist 

yet here we are

On 1/27/2023 at 1:39 PM, tuku747 said:

Only an ego feels lonely. Once the feeling passes, so too has the ego.

Are there any specific practices or methods of awakening, realization ect. that almost entirely eliminate the ego's sense of loneliness?

Edited by AJBrew