Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
B222

War is the father of all?

4 posts in this topic

Got this quote from Tai Lopez quoting Will Durant, a great historian.

"War and competition are the father of all things. The potent source of ideas, inventions, institutions, and states. Peace is an unstable equilibrium."

What do you think? Seems flawed somewhere but I’m not educated enough on this to really know. 

Despite some who say competition is bad, I do believe healthy competition is good and I guess could be a great source for a lot of things… but war? Maybe has to happen on some level, but to what extent? I can’t even write too much about it atm because I don’t much to go off. I’d love to hear you guys input on this and how it relates to spiral dynamics, etc. 

Also, “peace is an unstable equilibrium”? Why? Do we need a certain level of conflict/competition for motivation/drive/clarity or whatever? Feels to me that peace being an unstable equilibrium just shows how deeply flawed humanity is but I could be wrong ??‍♂️ I think Eckhart Tolle among others would have a good case as to why it’s flawed…

Edit: to say peace is an unstable equilibrium must show that we’re flawed somewhere, right? If peace and love is the underlying force of the universe, it must be us and/or the things born out of it that become unstable?? 
It’s literally all ego?? Because ultimately we all want the same thing, peace and love. And we all know that we have it but ego has different agendas and is where conflict arises? Sure, the solution/advancement might suit one egoic agenda after a bloody battle but is all this war necessary in the pursuit of peace, safety, etc? 

What you think?

Maybe a good video idea for Leo too… suppose “understanding war and conflict part 1” will address it on some level, need to relisten… part 2 incoming??

Edited by B222

That's only half the picture. The other half is that cooperation is the mother of all. The only reason war leads to innovations is because it forces people to cooperate and colaborate like never before. You can't have a war without working together.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

There is order in chaos and chaos in order. It is the eternal dance between shiva and shakti.

In Tate we trust