Julian gabriel

what are dreams?

3 posts in this topic

what do you think determines what we dream at night? 

WHY do we dream? 

Seems to me that they serve the purpose of helping us process things which impacted us a lot.

For example if a family member dies we will probably dream about it a lot. 

But people also dream about flying a lot so yeah.... I got no clue wtf they're supposed to be sometimes, what purpose they're supposed to serve. 

Dreams are a dream within your dream of life. A lesser than ordinary waking state of consciousness. So you have your ordinary waking day, that’s a dream. But within that dream, you have another dream, which is what you call you nightly sleeping dream. That’s the basic human ordinary condition. You can though realise that it’s all a dream within a dream. You can even dream at night, and dream from within that dream. It can go so deep you can dream within dream forever. Personally I’ve only dreamt within a dream, maybe 2 layers. But it’s clear to me you can keep going, forever and ever. One thing though is that this life, the one you have solidified as what you call life, is your main dream, any dream you have from there you will call or label imaginary. This is your ground, even though this is also a dream, and completely imaginary. But you can’t see this, you need to open up from here, awaken from this, to a higher degree of dream, to realise you’re dreaming this from there. And then from there, awaken, and awaken more, until the point you realise, that everything is a dream, and you made the whole thing up, even that thing that you think is the one dreaming. You are the dream?? x

Dreams seems to be connected quiet intimately with the subconscious mind. In my own experiences, dreams tend to represent latent emotional states. I think the mind creates visuals in order to make sense of the underlying emotional signals. Then you react to those visuals, and so on. For example, you might dream that you are nude infront of a crowd. That visual might be what the feeling of imposter syndrome would look like. 

It's not quiet understood what dreams are. I think it's a matter of perspective in a lot of ways.

Edited by Basman