MaxSaris

Spiral Dynamics - Summary Series

11 posts in this topic

Spiral Dynamics Summary Series

I created a Spiral Dynamics summary series based on Leo's videos, The Spiral Dynamics book, the website spiraldynamicsintegral.nl, as well as my own insights

I hope these videos will be of help to someone.

The Stages

I'll happily take feedback! :)

Very cool!

I was gonna do a new short intro video to SD for newbies.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura  I personally can't relate with spiral dynamics. It feels as though most people are just mixed, and for me personally I think I was green before orange. which shouldn't happen as per what SD says.

5 minutes ago, UpperMaster said:

and for me personally I think I was green before orange. which shouldn't happen as per what SD says.

It should happen, since you were indoctrinated with Green culture.

SD is a very complex model which requires a lot of study to grasp.

Edited by Leo Gura

32 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It should happen, since you were indoctrinated with Green culture.

Yep your completely right, I was to a large extent. But if someone can jump into green culture just through indoctrination, doesn't it mean that the overall progression of SD is wrong? Serious question, because this is probably what really confuses me about SD.

Also, now would I have to go through stage green again? I realized the negatives of having the green attitude already. idk how to progress.

Yes maybe I am missing a lot.

Edited by UpperMaster

53 minutes ago, UpperMaster said:

Yep your completely right, I was to a large extent. But if someone can jump into green culture just through indoctrination, doesn't it mean that the overall progression of SD is wrong? Serious question, because this is probably what really confuses me about SD.

Also, now would I have to go through stage green again? I realized the negatives of having the green attitude already. idk how to progress.

Yes maybe I am missing a lot.

Nah, the indoctrination integrates the perspectives before. If the one indoctrinating you is truly the stage. So you learn the lessons before faster.

But it will temporarily crumble when you hit a wall based on lower stages not yet integrated (for example when you want to do spirituality full time but you need money first and having a lot of money requires a lot of discipline in most cases). So in that case to get back to green you'd solve orange through blue and then you'd be able to do a lot more of higher stage stuff. Maybe before you were able to do it because of living with parents.

The model is interlinked with Maslow's hierarchy but different and more complex.

1 hour ago, UpperMaster said:

But if someone can jump into green culture just through indoctrination, doesn't it mean that the overall progression of SD is wrong?

No, because there's a big difference between adopting values because they are forced upon you and adopting them because they come from the principles you have learned.

One is shallow, without understanding. Another is coherent and allows a jump to the next level. Values forced upon you are a cage, they are a solution to a math problem you can't solve by yourself, but you are given problem + solution, so there's not an issue, unless the problem changes a little bit (and society constantly changes) and you are clueless on how to apply those values you hold dear.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Very cool!

I was gonna do a new short intro video to SD for newbies.

Thanks! ?

That would be a good idea, you making a shorter intro video to SD would definitely get more new people to learn about the model. 

Though Leo, I'm scared what you consider "short" lol

13 hours ago, UpperMaster said:

You ask a very good question. I've questioned this a lot myself. Here's how I see it:

Cultural indoctrination is a much stronger force than people comprehend. Whatever culture you are born and educated into will become the baseline of your Spiral stage. This will not mean you truly achieved that level of development, it merely means you got those memes in your brain. A lot of it will be dogma and unearned wisdom. But some of the wisdom will rub off on you too. Then, if you want to truly develop, you must go back and experience the lower levels you skipped over thanks to your advanced culture. And you must even deeply experience the stage of your indoctrination, so the indoctrination ideas become your direct lived experience. If you are born into solid Green culture, you will have quite a bit of work to do going back and living through Blue and Orange at the least.

The linear sequences of stages is not so much true for individual humans growing up, it is more true for how cultures have developed through history. An individual's development does not go through stages so clearly and linearly. Modern cultures tend to bombard us with memes and values from all over the Spiral spectrum: Blue, Orange, Green, Yellow -- all mixed together in a chaotic mess. Your family will feed you Blue ideas, your teacher will feed you Green ideas, your boss will feed you Orange ideas, the books you read may feed you Yellow ideas, some toxic YTuber might feed you Red ideas. There's little predicting what order those will come in. Modern culture is extremely diverse and spotty, with islands of sub-cultures all over the Spiral.

Edited by Leo Gura

You may have noticed stage blue was waaaaaay more common 15-20 or so years ago. I met a lot of dogmatic, bible-thumping Christians in my younger days. Then the internet happened. Nowadays, I feel like humanity is starting to move out of stage orange into stage green; it makes me very happy to see more and more people realizing there is a 'spiritual path' and actively working on self-improvement. If you're looking to get into the self-development market, now is the time to start!

Edited by tuku747