Emrie

Tap Water

43 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Those are fine. But are you gonna buy 20 gallons of bottled water each month?

I am currently buying bottled water as there is no better option for me. To be honest I only use it for drinking not cooking, but just for drinking, I buy about 8, 1.5 liter bottles per week. And it costs me about 3.5 dollars. So it's a pretty good deal imo.

I also live in Poland

In the US a 5 gallon jug of RO water costs $7. I used to buy those and go through 4 jugs per month which was $28/mo. But lugging them around is a hassle and the jugs are made of plastic so not ideal.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

But a bit of a Meta question:

Why bother and stress so much about being healthy, if we all gonna die anyway? Just to live a few more years?

So i've been living here in munich really healthy for the last few years. Which is good, but it also blocks me of of just enjoying life sometimes. I made an identity out of it. To the point where i don't even want to make trips to other (poorer) countries anymore. Just because it's not possible to eat there as healthy as in Germany, because they don't offer alot of organic food for example.

Wouldn't it be more healthy for the mind, to just try to eat healthy as best as possible (e.g. don't go to McDonald's and just cook good food for yourself, even if it isn't organic and there might be some pestesides on it).

It really helps me to enjoy me life more, if i don't worry about those things too much. And i feel more free

3 minutes ago, MrMog said:

Why bother and stress so much about being healthy

When you lose your health, only then you'll understand, but it will be too late.

It's not death that the problem, it's the sickness part.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura Yeah i get it. But isn't it a bit of a lottery ticket anyway? Getting old kinda sucks, in our western culture, anyway.

I mean there are 100yo people who are pretty fit and never cared about any of that stuff.

Tbh i'm just a bit sick of caring too much about those kind of things, because it narrows my enjoyment for life. I didn't give a shit about those things in my youth and early 20s and i felt alot more free. Sometimes Ignorance can be Bliss, i guess :)

I never have been really sick in my life tho. Maybe if i struggled with my health, like you have, i would think different about it.

@MrMog  Sounds like you're lacking balance. 

Frame it in a more positive way- Eat / Live in a way to feel your absolute best & enjoy life simultaneously- Instead of avoiding disease or a negative framing. 

Find food you enjoy, exercise you enjoy etc

If you want to enjoy the odd cheat meal or beer, its not the end of the world if it improves your life overall 

Weigh up the pros / cons- like for me I enjoy drinking with friends occasionally, is it 'healthy' of course not, but is it worth the fun? For me, it definitely is

Tbh the stress you give yourself over it could be worse anyways haha

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 i guess you are right. I tend to be extreme/obsessive in certain things. So i'm really on point in some areas of my life (Fitness/Health/Spiritual practice) and i'm really off in other areas of my life (Business/Relationships) at this point...

@Leo Gura can you share your thoughts to why a Brita filter/jug is inefficient. I know its nowhere close to a RO filter. Isnt it possible that brita filters some of the unwanted stuff?

43 minutes ago, cjoseph90 said:

@Leo Gura can you share your thoughts to why a Brita filter/jug is inefficient. I know its nowhere close to a RO filter. Isnt it possible that brita filters some of the unwanted stuff?

Of course it filters out something, but it's just a basic carbon filter. Serious filteration requires using an RO membrane under pressure.

I've tasted Brita water at a girlfriend's house, it was so gross I would not drink it. Why torture yourself with such gimmicks when the real thing is not so expensive?

Edited by Leo Gura

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

In the US a 5 gallon jug of RO water costs $7. I used to buy those and go through 4 jugs per month which was $28/mo. But lugging them around is a hassle and the jugs are made of plastic so not ideal.

There are companies that bring you huge glass jugs monthly to your house and you give them back the empty containers. I don't trust them with what chemicals they bomb the jugs to clean them after use though. I may be overreacting. 

Good option for some. 

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

Anyone here living in a rental place have RO? I'm curious now to try this but I live in a rental place so I'm not so sure I would be allowed to make an installation like this, perhaps I could do it under the radar, I saw there are potentially some no install units you can attach to the tap itself but I'm not sure how good those are. 

I was wrong about the concentration in my earlier post. Can this editet post be deleted or hidden? If not, then just ignore it.

Edited by Starlight321
Not beneficial to the subject

1 hour ago, Asayake said:

I live in a rental place so I'm not so sure I would be allowed to make an installation like this

You can search for countertop RO systems. They exist. They are usually smaller and less effective but still...

Here's some examples:

https://amzn.to/3j3ghHd

https://amzn.to/3wtiI93

Edited by Leo Gura

10 hours ago, Asayake said:

Anyone here living in a rental place have RO? I'm curious now to try this but I live in a rental place so I'm not so sure I would be allowed to make an installation like this, perhaps I could do it under the radar, I saw there are potentially some no install units you can attach to the tap itself but I'm not sure how good those are. 

Roll up your sleeves and DIY a portable version that you can take with you even after moving

I'm considering  building this into my campervan. Do you think it also filter's junk that may leech from huge plastic jugs? I'd have refill the water at gas stations but i guess their tap water is the same at home tap waters. 

Actually if water sits in a bottle for a long time it may get slimy on the inside ( i think its some sort of algae) do I'd have to switch containers once every two months or so, unless the opening is so wide that i can stick my arm in and clean it. 

Does algae even grow in "chlorinated" Or whatever they add) tap water? 

Just thinking out loud

Edit: pretty high water pressure is needed. I would need a strong water pump. 

Edited by mmKay

Is this one good ? It's the only decent one I've found available in Spain. Leo's link is 300€+ for the delivery to Europe 🤦

@mmKay That looks good. Just make sure that your system and brand will have a long supply of replacement filters readily available.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@mmKay That looks good. Just make sure that your system and brand will have a long supply of replacement filters readily available.

Do you still buy bottled water?
I often take Evian.

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.