Potential

How to get an elightenment experience ASAP (without drugs)

74 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura How is your daily life changed after realizing all that? I mean, you still have to do business, some family stuff, some socialization, some chores, bills, and stuff. But you know all the things you listed there, so how does that wisdom affect your daily life and goals?

How is your life now, for example when you wake up in the morning to start your day and in the back of your mind you have those realizations vs in the past when you didn't have all that?

2 hours ago, bazera said:

@Leo Gura How is your daily life changed after realizing all that? I mean, you still have to do business, some family stuff, some socialization, some chores, bills, and stuff.

Yeah, it sucks!

I really hate chores because they are totally meaningless and shallow and distract me from metaphysical work.

But you know all the things you listed there, so how does that wisdom affect your daily life and goals?

It's hard to say. It basically makes me not care about anything in this material world. It's hard to motivate myself to make money or even brush my teeth sometimes because it's all just bullshit.

How is your life now, for example when you wake up in the morning to start your day and in the back of your mind you have those realizations vs in the past when you didn't have all that?

Some days it's just the grind of daily life and nothing spiritual is afoot.

Other days I am racking my mind about how to raise my consciousness, how to embody this stuff, etc. Honestly it creates a lot of additional suffering. Life is much easier when you are not thinking so deep and just being a monkey.

But there are also moments of transcendent beauty and appreciation for consciousness/reality because it is so profound.

I'm making it sound kinda bleak but there is nothing better than Awakening. Nothing else in life matters. It's just not easy to integrate or live up to. It is a huge burden to live up to it. All the ego games are painful to observe in oneself. The ego-mind is still at work spinning its bullshit.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yeah, it sucks!

I really hate chores because they are totally meaningless and shallow and distract me from metaphysical work.

It's hard to say. It basically makes me not care about anything in this material world. It's hard to motivate myself to make money or even brush my teeth sometimes because it's all just bullshit.

Some days it's just the grind of daily life and nothing spiritual is afoot.

Other days I am racking my mind about how to raise my consciousness, how to embody this stuff, etc. Honestly it creates a lot of additional suffering. Life is much easier when you are not thinking so deep and just being a monkey.

But there are also moments of transcendent beauty and appreciation for consciousness/reality because it is so profound.

I'm making it sound kinda bleak but there is nothing better than Awakening. Nothing else in life matters. It's just not easy to integrate or live up to. It is a huge burden to live up to it. All the ego games are painful to observe in oneself. The ego-mind is still at work spinning its bullshit.

Jesus, sound horrible. And even without having huge awakenings with 5meo , with my small experiences I ready face similar situations, mainly the suffering of observing the ego-mind shit on and on, easier now but still a burden. I ready had times I thought would be better to never ever had started this work. But once you see some stuff you cant unsee it. Blehhh..

@Leo Gura

And it causes suffering when you don't live up to it? 

At the moment I'm viewing my life as a process of setting up an infrastructure that will allow me to do more and more spiritual work. That includes satisfying my cravings, building solid skills & career, buying a small house to reduce my expenses to not have to pay the rent indefinitely, etc. Having relationships and social life kinda handled and stuff like that. But in my mind, I do all that because I'm leading my life to have a lifestyle that allows solitude, full-time contemplative days, psychedelics, more practices, and stuff like that. 

But the thing is, I haven't had any direct experiences of the things you talk about, or other spiritual folks talk about. But I kinda intuit that that's what life is about, understanding (philosophy) and embodiment. 

But still, that's a bit of brainwashing (in a good way I guess) that I got from you and other people like you, but I think it leads to a good place, and since I'm 27 years old, I still have (hopefully) some time to figure all that out myself.

Did you also view your life and daily routines and habits and all that as a ladder to higher and higher realizations when you were my age? 

Edited by bazera

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Funny. After my first awakening, one of the first things I did was do the dishes, which was incredibly profound to me. I had seen through the pointlessness of all achievements, which somehow made taking care of something for my family way more meaningful. I could impact millions of people by doing societal level changes in the world, and that would have the same fundamental (although entirely different relative) meaning in the whole of reality. It made taking a single step as miraculous as the grandiosity of the universe.

On 1/26/2023 at 2:57 PM, Rafael Thundercat said:

I ready had times I thought would be better to never ever had started this work. But once you see some stuff you cant unsee it. Blehhh..

This work is not something you really have a choice about if you value metaphysical depth. You just follow the metaphysical depth and it takes you wherever it takes you.

On 1/26/2023 at 3:01 PM, bazera said:

@Leo Gura

And it causes suffering when you don't live up to it? 

Of course.

My life would be easy if I did not put  so much pressure to improve myself.

At the moment I'm viewing my life as a process of setting up an infrastructure that will allow me to do more and more spiritual work. That includes satisfying my cravings, building solid skills & career, buying a small house to reduce my expenses to not have to pay the rent indefinitely, etc. Having relationships and social life kinda handled and stuff like that. But in my mind, I do all that because I'm leading my life to have a lifestyle that allows solitude, full-time contemplative days, psychedelics, more practices, and stuff like that. 

Yes, I get it. That's important to do.

But the thing is, I haven't had any direct experiences of the things you talk about, or other spiritual folks talk about. But I kinda intuit that that's what life is about, understanding (philosophy) and embodiment.

That's okay. It all starts by following that intuition -- love of philosophy and metaphysical depth.

But still, that's a bit of brainwashing (in a good way I guess) that I got from you and other people like you, but I think it leads to a good place, and since I'm 27 years old, I still have (hopefully) some time to figure all that out myself.

Well, I suggest you do at least one psychedelic trip to pop your cherry and get a preview of where this work leads. That will be very exciting and inspiring for you. You want fuel for you vision.

Did you also view your life and daily routines and habits and all that as a ladder to higher and higher realizations when you were my age? 

I spent 5 years building a business just to allow me to have time to do personal development stuff. And I invested years building up infrastructure to allow me to have to freedoms that I have now. Without that no spirituality would have been possible for me. But I didn't even know about spirituality back then. All I knew is that I need complete control over my life and schedule. Max freedom. So I grinded to create it.

At your age you know more about spirituality than I did.

On 1/26/2023 at 3:02 PM, Israfil said:

Funny. After my first awakening, one of the first things I did was do the dishes, which was incredibly profound to me. I had seen through the pointlessness of all achievements, which somehow made taking care of something for my family way more meaningful. I could impact millions of people by doing societal level changes in the world, and that would have the same fundamental (although entirely different relative) meaning in the whole of reality. It made taking a single step as miraculous as the grandiosity of the universe.

There is truth in that perspective too.

But there is a big difference between casually washing some dishes vs having to grind through a bunch of business chores that clog up your mind ans distract you entirely from being conscious.

Edited by Leo Gura

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This work is not something you really have a choice about if you value metaphysical depth. You just follow the metaphysical depth and it takes you wherever it takes you.

I feel exactly like that. Since 16 yo I can't understand how is it possible to go on living without knowing what the hell is going on here, and everyone around was like robots living without questioning anything and not acknowledging that this is the most important thing ever, how can understanding what you are and what is happening not a top priority?

Is like a mission that I don't remember ever agreeing with, and it won't stop haunting me until I understand it.

4 minutes ago, Vibes said:

I feel exactly like that. Since 16 yo I can't understand how is it possible to go on living without knowing what the hell is going on here, and everyone around was like robots living without questioning anything and not acknowledging that this is the most important thing ever, how can understanding what you are and what is happening not a top priority?

Is like a mission that I don't remember ever agreeing with, and it won't stop haunting me until I understand it.

That is the mark of a true sage / yogi / philosopher / saint / mystic.

We are a rare breed. But the best breed ;)

Edited by Leo Gura

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Eventually you reach a point where you are fully conscious of how you are imagining the entire universe and everyone in it.

This is one of my biggest goals with Awakening. 

That and realizing I'm immortal. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

@Leo Gura Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. 

Well, I suggest you do at least one psychedelic trip to pop your cherry and get a preview of where this work leads. That will be very exciting and inspiring for you. You want fuel for you vision.

When was that moment for you? During your first enlightenment experience on the retreat? When did it hit you that this is what your life should be about? And I don't mean just philosophy and questioning you did in your youth. I mean, the proper Spiritual path that you began. Was it before Actualized or after?

Just now, ZenSwift said:

This is one of my biggest goals with Awakening. 

That and realizing I'm immortal. 

Oh, you are in for a real treat! It will not dissappoint :D

9 minutes ago, bazera said:

@Leo Gura Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. 

My pleasure.

When was that moment for you? During your first enlightenment experience on the retreat? When did it hit you that this is what your life should be about?

Well, it was a somewhat gradual process, not just a single event. It was an accumlation of breakthroughs.

One was my first awakening ever at a meditation retreat which was sober. That made me realize the Divine. It was so short. But it was awesome.

Another was my first mushroom trip.

Another was my first huge 5-MeO breakthrough where I realized reality is Absolute Infinity.

Another was my first LSD trip where I first realized I'm God.

And I don't mean just philosophy and questioning you did in your youth. I mean, the proper Spiritual path that you began. Was it before Actualized or after?

It's hard to even pinpoint where I began a proper spiritual path.

The first time I read about enlightenment in a book, about 11 years ago, I immediately knew it was the most important thing in the world. But I didn't act on it until years later because I was busy with building a business and learn pickup. And I had no idea it meant I was God. If I understood that back then I would have begun immediately.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura Actually, watching you grow in the last 6-7 years was very informative to me. I remember all the points you mentioned because you've documented them in your videos and it's really amazing if you think about it. So from a very young age, I was watching a dude who went through all that, and even though I didn't know that what you were describing in your videos was true, I intuited that it was worthwhile to listen to you.

And it opened up a whole world for me because I was reading and cross-referencing insights I heard from you and other teachers in spiritual books, and before I heard it from you, I was trying to satisfy my craving for understanding reality with academic psychology books which I couldn't really understand. 

Also, for the last 2 years, I started teaching. Not the metaphysical stuff like you, but technical, like web development. But I did that from a kinda 2 tier, non-ideological, holistic approach, and my students loved it. They couldn't pinpoint what exactly was different in my style of teaching, but I knew that what they liked was my detachment from specific ideological stances, multi-perspectival teaching approach, and a wholistic big-picture understanding of the things I thought. And you were one of the people who taught me the value of that from a very early age. So thanks for that.

I'll continue building my infrastructure, discipline, and health, and having small daily spiritual practices. And hopefully, all the metaphysical stuff that you talk about will become relevant in the years to come because at the moment I just lack sufficient foundation, but hey, one step at a time. 

Thank you all in this thread. This was so beautiful. Reminded me of the good part of this forum.

So mature, so respectful towards each other, so authentic, so supportive, so open-minded... This is what this forum is for.

Connect with me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/miguetran

You could probably get far on a 3 day dry fast with 16+ hours of meditation every day.

@bazera Great work. Just keep following that intuition til you reach God.

Edited by Leo Gura

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That would require years of training your focus.

Serious Awakening is so radical that even after you experience it, you will not have any ability to reach that place through conscious effort. It's like aliens teleported you to their home planet and then dropped you off back home. You have no idea how to get back there.

There's many degrees of depth to this, so the question is what depth are you talking about?. Mild stuff you can do through retreats and strong concentration. But not the really deep stuff.

I relate to this a lot. I have no clue how to get to some of those peak states again. They are so unique that much of it is reliant on luck. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

19 hours ago, TheAlchemist said:

Molding yourself to the universe is to be in a state of "I don't mind" at all times, yet allowing the universal mind that you are an expression of to work through you. And that's being in alignment with reality.

You answered your own question xD There are billions of people on just this planet, and not one of them has a mind like anyone else. Life delivers a plethora of experiences that uniquely shape the desires and aversions of each personality. One person may value privacy deeply, to the point of closing all the shutters in their house, while another person opens every window and complains when a shade is stuck. The hilarious reality is that regardless of each person's preference, the universe goes on doing its thing. No matter how much you complain about rain ruining the picnic where you planned to propose, you can't control the weather. Even when you have been meditating every day, and realizing profound insights. The true realization is that trying to force the universe to comply with your desires is the source of all suffering.

It doesn't mean becoming a robot. To the contrary, it liberates you to live life fully. You celebrate whatever is happening in this moment, and realize what an amazing gift it is to experience shapes, colors, and sensations despite 99.999% of the universe being entirely empty. Why is it that most people have to come to the razor's edge of death before realizing how precious every moment of life actually is?

Take whatever the universe offers you, and be deeply humble and grateful for it. It aligns you with your ultimate nature, and light flows through you beyond what you imagined was possible.

An inspiring example of someone who understands this. Roland Griffiths is a psychopharmacologist and professor at Johns Hopkins. He has practiced meditation for decades, and his career has focused on psychedelics and meditation as catalysts for pragmatic spirituality. A year ago, he was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. Rather than sending his spiritual practice into shambles, the news deepened him. Shock and terror were transmuted into gratitude.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Idk, the idea that a breakthrough can happen only in an intense long retreat and then u lose it afterwards and then one needs to do another intesne retreat to experience it again doesn't seem fully correct to me. 

I think u can also build your way gently into it. At least in my experience every day i start pretty much from where i left off yesterday and it just builds itself like a stairway. That is my experience with every technique i did. (Kriya, yoga, zen, Christ presence).

All of them follow the same principle of gradually intensifying and deepening with each day. What my experience with meditation was 8years ago and how it is now, it's catastrophically different. And i never did any long intense retreats. It simply builds up gradually as u cultivate it.

And it stays permenantly. All the peaks i had ever reached, all stayed as a permenant access. I'm quite confident that's the experience of all the meditators who are genuine on their path.

Hoping to stirr some self reflection around this topic for people who may have different views on it. I know my direct experience is 100% legit regarding gradual growth and cultivation. Sharing my experience may help some people (Caugh, caugh, Leo.) ? to broaden their understanding of meditation further.

Tcare 

Edited by Salvijus