Potential

How to get an elightenment experience ASAP (without drugs)

74 posts in this topic

Hi!

I am curious on how to get an enlightenment experience ASAP. I have had a few enlightenment experiences, but I want to feel reborn and see what it means for me now.

I'd like to hear practical advice and/or resources that can help.

Thank you in advance :D

Sit for 100hrs straight and focus on your field of consciousness until it breaks you.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Listen to "mindfulness in plain english" an audiobook on youtube on 2x speed while paying attention to it. Sit down and put your attention to the sensation at the tip of your nostrils. When your attention moves, notice that it has moved as soon as possible, take a few seconds to notice what it has moved to then move it back to your nostrils. Do this for 12-16 hours a day for a week or 2. 

You'll just be manipulating the drugs in your brain. You can't get away from chemicals

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Sit for 100hrs straight and focus on your field of consciousness until it breaks you.

Pretty much this. It’s going to take a retreat-style amount of meditation all strung together to get a taste of awakening for most people. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Learn not to mind what happens. Instead of insisting that the universe molds itself to your intentions, mold yourself to the intentions of the universe and it will show you who you are.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

51 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Learn not to mind

That is actually super deep. 

Just realized when we say "do you mind if I take this chair?" 

We are really asking, will you get bothered and all involved with the analysis of your mind if I just move this chair here?

"Mind your own business"  = keep your analyzing and judging mind to yourself, it's not needed here.

"I don't mind" = I'm not getting involved with my mind over it so I am not all bothered by it.

Best state of being betwen two people is if both can indirectly say "I don't mind" to each other as much as possible about the unique nature of the other person, along with all the "flaws". This may or may not involve each one adjusting behaviors to prevent the habitual responses and triggering of another persons mind. Since they wouldn't mind doing so, that would be easy. 

So a very deep question is, why do we mind some things and don't mind others? Most things and events we are not bothered by, but some bother us deeply despite them simply being what they are in the same way as everything else. @Moksha

Funny thing is, a sort of mindlessness is what we are after, that's the state of flow. But you know what we associate with mindlessness in modern culture? That's right, zombies, insanity and drug addicts. The worst thing you could be for many. Yet ironically we are the most zombie like, drug addict like and insane when involved and reacting with our mind stuff along with everything stored in there. We use mind numbing drugs and behaviors to escape the insanity of mind; this is what we call "addiction". An attempt to be free from ourselves from our judging mind. Anyone who suffers with their mind is bound to become an addict. When the heroin addict sticks a needle in his arm, he is doing a prayer to unify with his true nature and be released from his limitated, painful identity. Now imagine telling a Christian that the heroin junkie is engaging in deeper prayer than the ritual following average church goer. :P

Just don't mind about anything, in the sense that don't get bothered by anything and life becomes an soul crushingly beautiful orchestra of epic proportions. Molding yourself to the universe is to be in a state of "I don't mind" at all times, yet allowing the universal mind that you are an expression of to work through you. And that's being in alignment with reality. Am I getting you here?

// Ps. I know this became a bit of a ramble, I'm experimenting with different ways of expressing myself after a recent realization. I might swing too much into the side of stream of consciousness here, but that's just to balance out my overly rigid and filtered ways of thinking, being and expressing. Maybe there is even some sprinkle of valueable points mixed in too that is relevant to the discussion, among all the chaos. Respect to anyone who read this far. 

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

If you want an enlightenment "experience" without drugs, you could try holotropic breathing for three hours straight. 

You would be disappointed with enlightenment itself. It's not what you think it is.

Apparently.

3 minutes ago, axiom said:

holotropic breathing for three hours straight.

That's brutally hard.

@Leo Gura

If you know the right kind of focus, because you did it before and had an awakening, would you say it will still take a retreat like setting to reach that focus again without psychs? Once you understand it, it gets easier to find it again, right?

8 minutes ago, Vibes said:

@Leo Gura

If you know the right kind of focus, because you did it before and had an awakening, would you say it will still take a retreat like setting to reach that focus again without psychs? Once you understand it, it gets easier to find it again, right?

That would require years of training your focus.

Serious Awakening is so radical that even after you experience it, you will not have any ability to reach that place through conscious effort. It's like aliens teleported you to their home planet and then dropped you off back home. You have no idea how to get back there.

There's many degrees of depth to this, so the question is what depth are you talking about?. Mild stuff you can do through retreats and strong concentration. But not the really deep stuff.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura My body disappearing and I know I am the visual field. Becoming conscious that the world is my Mind. Is that shallow awakening? 

13 minutes ago, Vibes said:

@Leo Gura My body disappearing and I know I am the visual field. Becoming conscious that the world is my Mind. Is that shallow awakening? 

Words on a page are on the shallow end, yes.

Apparently.

1 hour ago, Vibes said:

That's like the early stages. It's good, don't get me wrong. Very good. Yes, you are the whole visual field. You are a bubble of consciousness.

But there's much deeper stuff to awaken to. The nature of the bubble must be grasped in ever deeper ways.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

But there's much deeper stuff to awaken to. The nature of the bubble must be grasped in ever deeper ways.

Can you give maybe 1 or 2 general examples of what this looks like, and how it is different from Awakening to the realization that the “I” is the bubble of consciousness, and the “me” is the illusion? This itself is a pretty profound thing for most human beings.

If I had to guess “grasping in a deeper way” looks like changing the content of Consciousness through psychedelic induced states (although the structure of Consciousness remains to same..with both psychedelic and sober states being mere aspects of Infinity.)

Edited by Terell Kirby

30 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Can you give maybe 1 or 2 general examples of what this looks like, and how it is different from Awakening to the realization that the “I” is the bubble of consciousness, and the “me” is the illusion?

So, further Awakenings will take you to realizations such as:

• You realize what the bubble of consciousness is, which is God
  • You realize deeper what God is
  • You realize what Absolute Truth is
  • Your realize that the bubble is Nothing
  • You realize Infinity
  • You realize LOVE
  • You realize Eternity
  • You realize Intelligence
  • You realize Perfection
  • You realize how you are imagining everything around you, past and future
  • You realize that you can flip through an infinite number of finite selves
  • You realize that all others are you
  • You realize what alien consciousness is
  • You realize what insanity is
  • You reach even deeper levels of no-self than you thought possible before
  • You realize that there is an infinite different kinds of infinite love
  • And more wacky shit beyond that

These can come in any order, it is not a linear sequence.

Edited by Leo Gura

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

So, further Awakenings will take you realizations such as:

• You realize what the bubble of consciousness is, which is God
  • You realize deeper what God is
  • You realize Infinity
  • You realize LOVE
  • You realize how you are imagining everything around you
  • And more beyond that

thanks. Seems like the main issue with “No-Self” awakenings is that they can, at times, invalidate or ignore the existence of God (that being all the things you described.)

Eventually you reach a point where you are fully conscious of how you are imagining the entire universe and everyone in it.

Edited by Leo Gura