Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Federico del pueblo

What exactly does it mean that unprocessed emotions get stored in the body?

24 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Federico del pueblo said:

That what you describe in the last paragraph is called "melting anchors" isn't? 

I was taught it as "collapsing" anchors, but yeah.

15 hours ago, Federico del pueblo said:

Anyway what I meant in my original post was still something different. There are theories in which for example trauma is "stored" in specific organs. It's kind of like if you could have a close look at the organ you'd see certain "traces" of the trauma (don't ask me what that means).

I was just explaining one narrow aspect, that I'm more familiar with. The body can be divided up into many different "systems": circulatory, lymphatic, nervous, microbiome, muscular, skeletal. But it's all one thing really. If anything is being stored, then it is imprinted into all these different systems.

One interesting system is the electromagnetic field of the body, this being the result of the electrical potential of cells in the body. I would say that this field is throughout the body and very dynamic. I don't think it's passive, but can actually feedback into cells and affect their behaviour.  That might be a prime candidate for storage of trauma. I'm sure there are many practices (e.g. Reiki, acupuncture) that are actually affecting this field for theraputic purposes. And, the whole idea ofbody meridians in Chinese medicine has to do with this.

All stories and explanations are false.

48 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

I was just explaining one narrow aspect, that I'm more familiar with. The body can be divided up into many different "systems": circulatory, lymphatic, nervous, microbiome, muscular, skeletal. But it's all one thing really. If anything is being stored, then it is imprinted into all these different systems.

Sure, that makes a lot of sense.

48 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

One interesting system is the electromagnetic field of the body, this being the result of the electrical potential of cells in the body. I would say that this field is throughout the body and very dynamic. I don't think it's passive, but can actually feedback into cells and affect their behaviour.  That might be a prime candidate for storage of trauma. I'm sure there are many practices (e.g. Reiki, acupuncture) that are actually affecting this field for theraputic purposes. And, the whole idea ofbody meridians in Chinese medicine has to do with this.

Yes, that's a really interesting phenomenon! 

Dr. Joe Dispenza talks about this in his books and at his workshops they actually measure this field with some russian biophoton detecting device (I don't remember the exact name, but it's some high end device). 

There you can see that the meditators have a much brighter, bigger and "thicker" electromagnetic field after a breakthrough experience. It's amazing.

17 hours ago, Federico del pueblo said:

@Thought Art Yeah, that's the kind of stuff I was thinking about.

Do you know how we can even know that? It seems obvious that stress is regulated by the nervous system (sympathetic and parasympathetic NS), but what does it mean that the stress is held in the nervous system? Or are we again just talking about the neural connections in the brain?

Even harder to grasp is how stress is held in an organ or tissues. Unless this merely means that we have chemical reactions like production of neurotransmitters and hormones, but I think you mean something else right?

Yeah, that's exactly the stuff I meant. First you have trauma or other conditioning. Then this gets stored in the body as energy, I assume it's some kind of unhelpful energy, but you can transform it into something better I guess. It would be extremely interesting to know what actually happens when we transform this energy (if that's what really happens at all). Like there are these accounts of people who do a chakra meditation and then energy from the lower centers get "liberated" and flow upwards in the brain, which can cause a spiritual experience. 

So I assume that this "bad", low frequency energy of the trauma that sits in the body must become something else.

Thanks for your post!

1. I am talking about everything with the body all at once: brain, nervous system, organs, Bioelectrical/ Qi centres and pathways. People can spend a lot of time feeling stressed, anxious, and they can also suppress emotions and traumas. This means part of the body is still holding it. Unless you consciously intervene with some kind of somatic practices these patterns are essentially going to repeat and play out. 
2. The organs play a role in neurotransmitters, for example 90% of serotonin is found in the intestines. Organs play a role in brain function, etc. Each organ also plays a bioenergetic role working in conjunction with other organs and body parts. Hormones play a role with organs yes. That is the endocrine system and it’s relationship with organs. 
3. Yes, for example in Qigong we use the lower pumps, breathing and heat to pump energy up from the lower body through to the brain. We cycle this energy through the body to nourish the brain, Tissues, bones etc. Very pleasurable.

The more you do various Qigong practices which involve:

1. Body scan

2. Breathing

3. Directing the Qi

3. warming up body

4. purging negative emotions through sound, self massage, shaking, pumping the arms, tapping certain acupressure appoints etc

5. building up Qi, circulating it, purifying it, smiling into it, tonyfing it in the body.. 

The more you practice the more you gain the understanding of negative Qi, positive Qi. You can have lots of energy or a little energy. It can be healthy or unhealthy. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"