Manusia

Android vs iPhone - best security?

6 posts in this topic

Any thought about the best data security between android and iPhone?

Currently I using both systems, iPhone 13 & Xiaomi phone. I little bit worried on data breach.

If you are not into tech and dont need any wild customization on your mobile, i would suggest an iphone.

Apple probably still steals some of your data but they seem to take these matters a bit more seriously than some other Android manufactures. I would definitely not use a dirt cheap smartphone but a mid-range one. And just in case, if you're gonna pick Android, I wouldn't buy a phone from a Chinese company. Samsung and Google are probably your best bets.

Frankly, if you don't mind Apple's walled garden and have the money for it, iPhone is what I recommend. It's a walled garden, and I think that's one reason why it might be safer than Android in certain ways.

Edited by UnbornTao

3 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

have the money for it.

Depends where you live but smart phones are actually quite cheape these days ... If you buy a phone from 2,3,4 years ago 

E.g you can buy an Iphone 10 or 11 and it's decent price with all you need, people just think they need the new Iphone 14 pro Max or 2023 Samsung, but it's not like 3 years ago phones are that different. 

Edited by Optimized Life

27 minutes ago, Optimized Life said:

Depends where you live but smart phones are actually quite cheape these days ... If you buy a phone from 2,3,4 years ago 

E.g you can buy an Iphone 10 or 11 and it's decent price with all you need, people just think they need the new Iphone 14 pro Max or 2023 Samsung, but it's not like 3 years ago phones are that different. 

You're right. I was assuming that you'd pick one of the latest high-end ones. 

Personally, I'd just follow your advice and buy one from two or three years ago, especially if all I'm using it for is basic tasks.

Edited by UnbornTao

@Manusia iPhones are much safe. I'm an iOS developer, I know how strong the safety of Apple is. Now obviously some information is shared in both android and iOS but that's mostly harmless. Unless you share your Apple ID and password with someone, your iPhone probably won't get hacked. But for an android device, it's really very easy to hack someone's phone. You would just need someone's android phone unlocked for a minute and your privacy is gone.