Leo Gura

Strict Crackdown On Duplicate Accounts & Immaturity

41 posts in this topic

The better example we can all set, and the more consciousness, heart and love you put into the forum the better it will become. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

We now have robust systems in place to catch duplicate accounts. Anyone caught trying to open a duplicate account will automatically have ALL their accounts banned. No exceptions, no second chances. This forum only allows one account per user.

This forum is cracking down hard on all serial exploiters, manipulators, immature people, and mentally and emotionally unhinged people.

From now on you only have ONE chance at being on this forum, so watch what you do and watch what you post. If I see you posting immature nonsense or misbehaving, I will not hesitate to ban you and you will NEVER get a second chance. All second chances are over! I am cracking down on anyone who wants to be in proximity or communication with me. If you want to have the privilege and luxury to be near me, to associated with me, to receive advice from me, or to communicate with me, you better be on your best behavior around me. That's the new policy. This forum will no longer be a safe haven for immature or emotionally unhinged people. Anyone not mature enough to communicate or socialize in a mentally-stable and integrous manner will simply not get to participate around me. If you cannot control your emotions, you're out. If you behave in an egotistical and dogmatic manner, you're out. If you attack other members of this community, you're out. If you try to manipulate this forum, you're out.

This forum is going to be much more exclusive and elitist going forward. The elitism will be based on maturity and wisdom. I've come to the realization that I need to be much more protective of drains on my time and my mental resources. I will not be dealing with any clown behavior any more from my audience. For too long I have been far too lax and democratic, letting people exploit my time and mental energy without limit. That is now over. I will no longer be helping or associating with anyone who is not mature enough to rise to the level of my teachings and philosophy. My work is very advanced and I want to build a community of people who rise to its level. Immature people have not only been wasting my time and mental energy, the have also been wasting the time and energy of mature and serious self-actualizers. This community must become a place of where serious people want to be, people who are actually doing work on themselves. I realize now that my mistake from the beginning was trying to appeal to everyone with this community when really it should always have been a place only for serious and mature people because they are the ones for whom I do my work. Those are the kind of people I want to associate with. That's what would make this community valuable.

If you want to associate around me, you better be a mature, honest, decent human being who can control him/her self. That's the new standard. Many of you here clear that bar. It's just an immature minority who keeps taking advantage.

The infrastructure of this forum is being upgraded to block anyone who doesn't rise to this new standard. All the loopholes are being closed.

Thank you to those who have stuck around and behaved in a mature manner from the outset. From now on I will be making this space for you -- for us. This will be a rare online space where the wise, mature, and serious hang out.

If you notice any member of this community behaving in a chronically immature way, please report them to me (via PM) for review. I will periodically be reviewing the performance of every member here and making decisions about who to keep around and who to ban. Evaluations will be made holistically, not based on any one post. I will be looking at your overall level of maturity, mental stability, emotional stability, character, and ability to think in an unbiased Tier 2 fashion.

A handful of worst offenders have already been perma-banned.

You should treat this forum as a place where you have an opportunity to make friends with me. And you only get one chance at that. If you screw it up you will not get another. In fact, I will ban all your IPs from ever being able to access Actualized.org and any future courses or teachings that I release. Do not treat this forum as just some disposable, anonymous thing. In fact, in the future we may transition to photo ID verification for all members and remove anonymity. So post as though your first and last legal name is attached to your words. If you wouldn't want your real name attached to your post, then it isn't worthy to be posted here. If my name is attached to this forum, so should yours. You don't get to come here and do anonymous verbal diarrhea with zero repercussions.

Thanks again to those who have been on good behavior from the beginning and never needed such warnings and reminders. I will also be making an effort to improve my communication with you to rise to the level of maturity, wisdom, and respect that you deserve. I want to make myself a resource for serious and mature students. I will be working towards that over the next year and beyond. I want to help fewer people, but more serious people. So ultimately that's all this is about. I have been thinking long and hard about the role I want to play as a teacher. And the more I think about it, the more serious I want to be. The days of clowning around are coming to an end. It was fun while it lasted but I am outgrowing that soon. I definitely have not been as mature as I need to be, but that will be changing in the future.

Ok, Leo, so can you delete @Applegarden. I forgot my password to that one, so therefore I made this one. Or maybe you could delete @Applegarden8 aswell, just as a farewell. :) I am ok if you ban me for good, just please, delete my accounts. Thanks.

@Leo Gura Thank you Leo. A container being tightly held makes one feel safe.

Would it also be an idea to just remove the "Dating/Sexuality/Relationships" area and just do "Relationships" or something?

And just not discuss dating and how to get laid here anymore.

That topic is the source of 95% of toxic ideology that gets dumped here.

Conscious relating is a juicy topic, that I feel doesn't get enough attention (I hardly was able to talk about it over all the horny teenagers).

All the thirsty guys and gals who want to get laid can just go watch your episodes, and discuss further on /r/seduction.

That was never the strength of this forum anyway, and Leo is wasting tons of his own time trying to explain the basics again and again, in response to dumber and dumber questions.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@flowboy A lot of our community is just not there yet. These guys are learning just the beginning phases of attraction. We have a lot of young men here. I get that it’s probably a bit toxic and uncomfortable. However, this is a big problem with young men all around the world right now. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Thought Art I know. I'm suggesting that they go elsewhere, to /r/seduction for example.

Come back when they have reached the maturity to (at least want to) hold and grow a relationship.

Wouldn't it be nice to have no more "is it true that women are liars" type questions...

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

Love to hear & read all that. being part of your community and being able to learn directly has been the most profound driver of my growth over the past 6 years I've been around here. Excited to be part of this whole new experience & transformation. 

The team is here to help in any way we can ^_^

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@flowboy I understand. I just think we are here and growing. It’s pretty fresh for actualized. Give them time. 

◭"89"

@Leo Gura oh ok, fuck it, let me also come clean. 

We are striving towards the Truth here after all.

I used to have another account before @BornToBoil 

At some point I got really embarrassed / upset by something and decided to quit actualized.org. So I asked a mode to delete it while being all emotional. They couldn't  delete it so I asked them to give me 20 warning points. And they did.

After a while I understood that I overreacted and wanted to come back. But discovered that I can't even pm mods while banned. So I asked my friend to reach out to the mod, apologize to him, and asked to take back the warning points.

Unfortunately, the mod didn't answer for quite a while so my friend created a new account for me instead (that's also the origin of my nickname btw, I asked them to come up with "something funny" for it, hehe). 

Funny thing is, warning points got removed from my old account eventually,  but I decided to stick to this one anyway.

I know this violates forum's rules and apologize for it. And even though I would love to be able to stay here I understand if I get banned. 

Edit: in case I get banned, may I get some time before that to write my last post?

Edited by Something Funny

GOOD. Please actually put this into action. I'm so tired of all the whiners and babies who just bitch and can't see the value of this content. Wasting all our time and theirs too. Even a paywall of like $5 a month would be make people much more serious and weed out the trolls. I'm actually fully serious about enlightenment and dedicated my life to it. I meditate and do retreats and take psychedelics and work harder than most people here. And if you're coming with "trying to kill the ego is for the biggest egos" fuck you. Me trying to kill my ego has resulted in peace and love of another level. The whole "there's nothing to do" attitude is such a cop out 

@Leo Gura I think the more popular this forum, the more mature people will hear from this. Therefore keep the immature people. If you make this too elitair no one will know. How about a new section area where all misbehaved people can only hang around there until they show signals of improvement? Trolls under Trolls. Maybe they see then how annoying this is

Edited by OBEler

24 minutes ago, Michael Jackson said:

@Leo Gura Please don't ban me, I will be your friend ok?

I'm banning you because of your signature.  It's annoying as fuck ? 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

I'm banning you because of your signature.  It's annoying as fuck ? 

Have to agree with this one lol.

On 1/25/2023 at 3:16 AM, Thought Art said:

It’s fine to lack some maturity… but to be blatantly obnoxious, toxic, abusive, disrespectful, constantly in trauma and spreading your sickness around… not here. 

I often don't know where this line is for myself.  It's definitely grey and not easy to define exactly. 

On 1/25/2023 at 3:19 AM, mr_engineer said:

You put the forum behind a paywall, most non-serious people will go away. I guarantee that. 

On 1/25/2023 at 3:22 AM, Thought Art said:

If people can’t follow the guidelines and maintain a relative degree of integrity they shouldn’t be here in my opinion. 

I think the paid wall is actually a decent idea.  It will at least serve Leo's desires for what he wants, even if it doesn't totally solve it.  Personally, I don't know even if I'd pay for it, I might, but if you truly want this to be a "serious place", do that, then it's like, ya, it will weed out lots, or at least some, of people you don't want here.  Same for the facial-recognition thing; even though I dislike that personally as I feel I can express myself and ask questions here and get advice on things I'd otherwise feel I can't/won't get anywhere else, it would serve to have people be less "emotionally expressive" in a negative sense think twice.  Downside; you get less valuable and honest expression, questions, etc.. 

I also think it's hard for people to know what "a relative degree of integrity" means since we can all come from very different senses, degrees, and life experiences of this.  Not saying excuse everything, but that again, the payed wall will at least get rid of people who don't really want to be here for more serious stuff and make them think twice.

I dunno... I think the "hang around with me" stuff Leo said was probably the wrong way to say it and was pretty egotistical and narcissistic and could have been left out if all he wanted was to send a message about what he wants for the forum.  But I just hope it's not something grandiose.  

Also... it might help if @Leo Gura did these messages with a video so people can feel and more accurately "get" his emotional tone.  It might help in people's understanding and skepticism about any of his personal pathologies motivating such a message.  As opposed to just a written format where people can more easily, imo, interpret it in ways not authentic to the original writer's attitude.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

On 25.1.2023 at 0:16 PM, Thought Art said:

@mr_engineer It’s like we are in a university class and you are like “Tottlers should be allowed here! And screaming babies! And the homeless! They need education too!”

There are people here who chronically get swept up in needless drama and foolishness. There’s no point in them being here. 

In order for the forum to function and to be of value to anyone… we can’t have screaming, running kids making a mess of everything. 

It’s fine to lack some maturity… but to be blatantly obnoxious, toxic, abusive, disrespectful, constantly in trauma and spreading your sickness around… not here. 

The forum actually has guidelines. Leo has been very lax in enforcement.

Good analogy!

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

Not sure how long you plan to keep the forum active, but I can see this as a very good move because as my life purpose starts to gain traction you better believe I'm going to be directing a lot of attention to actualized.org and the life purpose course through my projects. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

@Leo Gura  Some suggestions.

1. Show the list of accounts that got banned so that everyone knows exactly what kind of behaviour is to be avoided. Like a real example to show exactly what behaviour will not ve tolerated. 

2. If some members is repeatedly getting in fights or heated arguments frequently with many different members, then it's clear who the problem is.

Warn them with temporary restrictions and ban them is they continue such behaviour. The problem is that such behaviour also triggers immature tendencies in other people as well. Disagreements should be impersonal. Using this forum to attack other members is the most despicable behaviour and waste of resources.

Also having truma from the past should not be an excuse for hostile behaviour. 

3. Ending anonymity is a not going in a good direction. Anonymity is the only shield to force people to attack the ideas and not the messenger. 

Ideas should be discussed on it's own merits without assigning it the attributes of the one who holds them. 

On 1/25/2023 at 11:05 AM, Leo Gura said:

In fact, in the future we may transition to photo ID verification for all members and remove anonymity

Is attaching a face going to strengthen the quality or validity of the arguments/insights posted in here? No.

Haven't people with faces behaved in retarded ways in the past? Yes. 

It seems like an unnecessary step given that you take steps to address and enforce all the other rules you mentioned. Those rules alone are good enough.

Many of us do a great deal of censoring in the real world so as to not make any unnecessary enemies over some crappy ideas. I have seen how much people get emotional and hate over some irrelevant comment I put. 

And I will not risk getting death threats or some coworker threatening to report my posts, lose my job and get blacklisted. It's just needless drama. I will have to stop posting incase you enforce identification. It's not a difficult choice for me given the risk and how so little the reward is. 

I can talk my mind freely only if I am assured safety from attacks.

Even by revealing the country I am from, people already make judgements like

"oh so you are just blue & repressed"

"muh evolve higher".

Which is just downright silly. 

4. Little bit of immaturity should be tolerated and allow them some space to grow and become teachable.

It will also be a good experience for other members on how to deal with immaturity in others, empathise with them, and teach them. 

Extreme immaturity should not be tolerated at all costs.