ivankiss

Constructive criticism for Leo

515 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This required I sacrifice being nice and sweet to humans.

Why? Because it takes a little extra effort?  It did not require you sacrifice anything.  That was a decision you made and you can also undo it.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

No he said understanding everything.  He has more of an ability to understand everything because he is God.   So no..I'm not buying it and I'm not buying how the dudes ego keeps getting worse and worse.  He's off the rails.

He's not off any rails and thank god he can see that his work speaks for itself.

3 minutes ago, thepixelmonk said:

He's not off any rails and thank god he can see that his work speaks for itself.

The work does.  But it's not a free pass to be an asshole.  J guess you can be anything you want.  But if you are going to want to retain followers long term you probably don't want to be an asshole.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

You guys are so obsessed with Leo's personality and not focused on awakening and the information being shared. I've never seen him say anything disrespectful about women and he's not even that harsh as a teacher. You should be thankful, you'd be so lost in bullshit without him. When he says something like "actualized is the best school of philosophy" it sounds obnoxious but it's fucking true! I'm kinda glad that people are turned off by him because it filters out all the big egos that want their ass kissed by their teachers and their stupid beliefs validated. I study at a yoga school with an actual enlightened person teaching and you can feel it. But at the same time most of the people here are not even close to being awake. It's just like a feel good thing for them. 

1 minute ago, Michael Jackson said:

@Leo Gura You have no idea what consciousness is.

Spit that shit homey ?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I can and will be respectful and nice to you, but only up to a point. And that point is Truth. If you cross the Truth line with me, you will get a verbal and emotional slapping

You make it sound like , that sometimes it is necessary to be a dick, but I don't think you have established a compelling argument for it yet. Do you think anyone in this thread have changed their mind after you turned on your "raw" mode?

Honesty could be necessary to be an effective teacher, but honesty doesn't require being a dick. If you don't want  to change your teaching style thats fine, but don't act like it is necessary to do your teaching  style this way.

7 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

The work does.  But it's not a free pass to be an asshole.  J guess you can be anything you want.  But if you are going to want to retain followers long term you probably don't want to be an asshole.

Again his channel continues to do better than ever and he's retaining followers perfectly fine. Whatever vocal minorities on the forum have a problem with his style are irrelevant. His style is why his teachings are so successful in the first place and the fact you think you know better is a joke.

7 minutes ago, BlessedLion said:

You guys are so obsessed with Leo's personality and not focused on awakening and the information being shared. I've never seen him say anything disrespectful about women and he's not even that harsh as a teacher. You should be thankful, you'd be so lost in bullshit without him. When he says something like "actualized is the best school of philosophy" it sounds obnoxious but it's fucking true! I'm kinda glad that people are turned off by him because it filters out all the big egos that want their ass kissed by their teachers and their stupid beliefs validated. I study at a yoga school with an actual enlightened person teaching and you can feel it. But at the same time most of the people here are not even close to being awake. It's just like a feel good thing for them. 

Exactly this lmao. His style isn't even that harsh. There are just certain gigantic egos on the forum (@Inliytened1) that are simply unable to comprehend that they themselves haven't reached some sort of pinnacle of understanding, the blatant irony is just baffling.

Edited by thepixelmonk

4 minutes ago, thepixelmonk said:

Again his channel continues to do better than ever and he's retaining followers perfectly fine. Whatever vocal minorities on the forum have a problem with his style are irrelevant. His style is why his teachings are so successful in the first place and the fact you think you know better is a joke.

Exactly this lmao. His style isn't even that harsh. There are just certain gigantic egos on the forum (@Inliytened1) that are simply unable to comprehend that they themselves haven't reached some sort of pinnacle of understanding, the blatant irony is just baffling.

Ultimately you are not going to be a happy person being an asshole.  So it's bigger than retaining followers and you know it.  If you want to be OK with mediocrity than you go right ahead.  But there is something beyond mediocrity.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

11 minutes ago, zurew said:

You make it sound like , that sometimes it is necessary to be a dick, but I don't think you have established a compelling argument for it yet. Do you think anyone in this thread have changed their mind after you turned on your "raw" mode?

Honesty could be necessary to be an effective teacher, but honesty doesn't require being a dick. If you don't want  to change your teaching style thats fine, but don't act like it is necessary to do your teaching  style this way.

It's not and ultimately he will not be a happy person within himself. And that is what's most important.  What he is on the outside is a reflection of the turmoil within.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

12 minutes ago, zurew said:

that sometimes it is necessary to be a dick

i used to think you could always be kind in every situation - but problem is some people do not respond to conscious communication. like they'll continue to be toxic, not respect boundaries... despite efforts to communicate respectfully. theyre way too deluded in their ego.

sometimes people will be so deep into their ego the only way to get to them is by being a dick 

you can easily take that too far though. but if you always be kind youll become a doormat

Edited by Jacob Morres

13 minutes ago, Jacob Morres said:

you can easily take that too far though. but if you always be kind youll become a doormat

I don't think anyone here who critisizes him, want him to be a doormat or to be super kind, just don't be a dick thats all, - be normal, act normal. There is no need to be sweet or to lie and there is also no need to be a dick or a bully.

13 minutes ago, Jacob Morres said:

but problem is some people do not respond to conscious communication. like they'll continue to be toxic, not respect boundaries... despite efforts to communicate respectfully. theyre way too deluded in their ego.

Thats a different case.  If someone is clearly a dick towards you and act toxic then its definitely justified to act back, but thats not what most of us have problem with, what we have problem with is him assuming in his videos that his viewers are just  dumb and toxic, and also sometimes on this forum him assuming a lot of bad things about a lot of people and then use that to justify his behaviour.

Edited by zurew

To free myself I make a choice
Just to be heard I lose my voice

Carry the weight of the world
On my shoulders

@Michael Jackson Can you please change your signature? I feel like it’s disrespectful to have something like that every time I have to scroll past one of your posts. Please bring maturity to the forum. Not take a steaming dump on it every time you post with that signature. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@zurew fair 

I was talking about something else actually ignore me lol 

Edited by Jacob Morres

22 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Can you please change your signature? I feel like it’s disrespectful to have something like that every time I have to scroll past one of your posts. Please bring maturity to the forum. Not take a steaming dump on it every time you post with that signature. 

@Thought Art I feel it's nothing, just like everyone's avatar. I find 'this is a funny guy' every time I saw that signature. The administrator's avatar is very expressive and symbolic as well. If you recognized MG as a User. The symbols around them become integral, meaningless, and more of a recognition of another person.

@ZGROPIUS no the big red letter taking up half my screen. It looks better now it’s smaller. And my opinions are a recognition of myself as a person. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

6 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

I think it was me that was dropping bombs. Do you see any issue with this? You've been a long time subscriber and I kind of like you.  Besides - I kept you around after the crash where you had been banned.  

Honestly, I gracefully skipped your posts. The first couple ones seemed unhinged, so I simply stopped reading.

Ban me if you want. It's not like that was the first time.

The cat has your tongue.

I was sleeping. Woke up just now.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

One thing you guys will learn is that life will force you to pick priorities. And I have picked mine.

My priority is understanding and teaching people Consciousness.

Why do you feel forced to pick consciousness as a priority?

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)