ivankiss

Constructive criticism for Leo

515 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Juan said:

@Inliytened1 @spiritual memes Are you guys anti-psychedelics? 

They are a trigger but they will not alone awaken you. Things have to be in place for the bullet to go anywhere once the trigger is pulled. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, Juan said:

@Inliytened1 @spiritual memes Are you guys anti-psychedelics? 

No I'm very pro psychedelics. I'm just anti-developing a huge spiritual ego from psychedelics.

I also think Leo uses psychedelics and awakening to avoid some uncomfortable inner work that must be done sober. Honestly Leo has tripped so much on psychedelics now that the biggest awakening for him would be to take a break from awakening and psychedelics and just to enjoy normal life.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

You are a disgrace.   That is what you are.  For someone who can teach spirituality so well it will remain mind boggling to me 

He isn't a disgrace by definition as his channel continues to do better than ever. Thank god he has the wherewithal to continue his own style of teaching despite some vocal minorities on the forum. He will never exist to placate you. It's mind boggling to you because you're lying to yourself and hiding under fake humility. Go migrate to Nahm's forum, your neo-advaitan nonsense will fit in much better over there.

I personally think people saying Leo’s views on dating and pickup is toxic need to:

1. Study all the current ideologies and trends going on for young men right now

2. Study masculine and feminine dynamics and psychology 

3. Work on your own shadow, shame and traumas around your sexuality and pleasure

4. Actually watch or rewatch the 3 part series on getting laid. 

5. Deeply contemplate what is needed for young men in our society. Guilting and shaming young men to not want sex, to not meet women, to not do it in a skillfully way is simply retarded. You are scared and hurt and need to work on that. 

You want to become a man of value right? You want to be able to approach women and get to know them? Have a fun time together? Maybe have sex and enjoy the night? Maybe fall in love and build a conscious relationship?

Leo, in his series warns against harming women, warns against using them, warns against abusing your power, warns against cheating or encouraging girls to cheat, warns against girls who are too drunk, etc etc 

I think, if you are going to teach pickup at all that 3 part series is very powerful. 

Men learning to socialize and meet women is a very very very good thing. We have a loneliness epidemic with many young men. This is leading to suicides, rapes, sexual assaults, depression, anxiety, and weird twisted acts and ideologies. 

Teaching young men how to get sex is a good thing! How to get it in a healthy conscious way is a good thing. Men, and women are designed to attract one another. 

There is so much shame and toxicity in our culture some of you in my view can’t tell up from down. 

Meet girls, have fun, have sex, start relationships. Teach your brother the right way to find sex, to find mates. So they don’t end up raping or, being some sad salty needy fuck their whole lives.

Humans studying human psychology to have success in the social realm can be done in a healthy way and I think Leo did this. 

Teach your brothers to be Men! That’s love. That’s part of love.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Leo Gura Why are you playing comparison games...??

If you were as conscious as you say, there would be nobody to speak or to compare to anyways.

15 minutes ago, thepixelmonk said:

He isn't a disgrace by definition as his channel continues to do better than ever. Thank god he has the wherewithal to continue his own style of teaching despite some vocal minorities on the forum. He will never exist to placate you. It's mind boggling to you because you're lying to yourself and hiding under fake humility. Go migrate to Nahm's forum, your neo-advaitan nonsense will fit in much better over there.

He has a lot of growing to do as a person but we all do.  This culture and how us men are raised to treat women is still very backwards so its not all on him.  It's on him for not breaking out of it though. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

26 minutes ago, thepixelmonk said:

You just don't like someone who can come in here and overpower Leo.  Did i shatter your dream of him being your hero?  

26 minutes ago, thepixelmonk said:

That is quite an attack.  So because my awakenings were without psychedelics I didn't realize Love as Absolute?  Or I didn't realize God?  Before you make claims on my awakenings I suggest you go back to the drawing board. I am one of the most anti neo-advaita guys that there are.  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

All the visions, the most important world views & values in life: Love, Open-mindedness, and integrity... all come from Leo's education. I feel really hurt when seeing the teacher that's important to me acting dissociated with those infinite free feelings, and visions.

After seeing the debate attitude, I’ll go keep watching his videos. How am I going to feel??☹️

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

improvement is this attitude towards women.

Listen through Leo’s perceptions of women, even a single mention & emotion in the video. Made me feel distinctively weird. It’s too stereotyped. Imagine the kind of lady he might appreciate who doesn't even want to associate with the kind he studies. He’s speaking a lot against the pick-up community to disagree with the old self. but it still feels painful. I truly wish more bright-minded ladies, humans who appreciate his beauty come into his life.?????????

Edited by ZGROPIUS

@Leo Gura you don't need me to remind you how fragile egos are, haha. Problems will stem from the sheer mental courage and bravery you've demonstrated with your unique experiments with psychedelics, in the educational realm.

The willingness to explore consciousness with the amount and diversity of relatively unknown substances is as astonishing as the results and 99% of people will never dare to come anywhere close, they won't even puff on a joint. They are too frightened.

I don't think people appreciate that. The toll on the mind and body, I can't even imagine. It takes a special kind of bravery to do that, nobody is willing to do that and when combined with your intentions and your ability and desire to teach, you have found yourself in a very unique place and other egos cannot handle that. They cannot handle the fact that you possess and speak from these experience and that they cannot, even though you share and illuminate on such a broad range of topics in the ways that you do. Isn't ego a bitch.

If Leo is behaving in a way that you do not consider to be "spiritual."

Before assuming that he is lacking development.

Pause.

And ask yourself:

"Maybe I'm the one who is lacking in development and is projecting my childish view of how a spiritual person should or shouldn't behave?"

It's so easy to criticize another... without reflecting on the validity of your criticism.

Sure, Leo isn't perfect...

but he's probably (a lot) smarter than you ;) ...

at least when it comes to the domain of understanding everything....

which is quite a large domain.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

1 hour ago, Adam M said:

but he's probably (a lot) smarter than you ;) ...

This is the brainwashing he has instilled in you.  No - you are probably smarter than him.  That is an illusion he created unconsciously.  I don't even think he did it consciously he just actually believes he is smarter than you and he is not. But he will portray this to keep you down.  Again he's not doing it actively but this is the case.  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

You just don't like someone who can come in here and overpower Leo.  Did i shatter your dream of him being your hero?  

That is quite an attack.  So because my awakenings were without psychedelics I didn't realize Love as Absolute?  Or I didn't realize God?  Before you make claims on my awakenings I suggest you go back to the drawing board. I am one of the most anti neo-advaita guys that there are.  

lol like you can shatter or overpower anything. I'm just posting my opinion as is everyone else. And it's barely an attack at all, all I said is leo isn't a disgrace, thank god he continues with his own style, and that nahm's forum would be more suited. If you interpreted that as some "huge attack" you must be quite triggered by something.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

This is the brainwashing he has instilled in you.  No - you are probably smarter than him.  That is an illusion he created unconsciously.  I don't even think he did it consciously he just actually believes he is smarter than you and he is not.

Complete joke. Anyone with any remote sense of actual humility can see the blatant difference in development between themselves and leo. You've brainwashed yourself.

1 minute ago, thepixelmonk said:

Complete joke. Anyone with any remote sense of actual humility can see the blatant difference in development between themselves and leo. You've brainwashed yourself.

I disagree.  Go back and look at what he posted.   He actually thinks he is not as smart as Leo.  That's the joke.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

On 1/26/2023 at 4:03 PM, thepixelmonk said:

lol like you can shatter or overpower anything. I'm just posting my opinion as is everyone else. And it's barely an attack at all, all I said is leo isn't a disgrace, thank god he continues with his own style, and that nahm's forum would be more suited. If you interpreted that as some "huge attack" you must be quite triggered by something.

I've been to his forum and it's too focused on no self.  No self is paramount but using it out of context is very wrong.  And it's used out of context there way too much. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

This is such an old criticism of Leo...

"Smile when you say that, mister!"

There's plenty of spiritual teachers that are all butterflies and rainbows...

what's wrong with having a teacher that makes you feel like an idiot every once in a while?

I've read stories of very enlightened Tibetan masters ripping the Mala beads out of their junior monks hands and ripping them apart while screaming and cursing as beads fly everywhere.

all because they got the sense that the monk had dozed off into a routine state of chanting mindlessly.

Would you say that this Tibetan master isn't enlightened enough? Because he acted rudely a few times?

Do you see how you're actually such a whiny baby that cares more about your personal comfort than the Truth?

A teacher that isn't afraid to call your bullshit is an invaluable resource... but only for people who are fully committed to their own improvement.

For people who are only halfway bought into the path...

A ruthless teacher seems like a devil with a pitchfork...

but of course that's your projection.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

I disagree.  Go back and look at what he posted.   He actually thinks he is not as smart as Leo.  That's the joke.  

He said he's probably not as smart when it comes to the domain of existential understanding, which makes complete sense. That's just basic humility. The arrogant joke is you.

1 minute ago, Adam M said:

This is such an old criticism of Leo...

"Smile when you say that, mister!"

There's plenty of spiritual teachers that are all butterflies and rainbows...

what's wrong with having a teacher that makes you feel like an idiot every once in a while?

Because you might start to believe it.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

One thing you guys will learn is that life will force you to pick priorities. And I have picked mine.

My priority is understanding and teaching people Consciousness.

This required I sacrifice being nice and sweet to humans. It required that I not respect human ideas much. Which humans find extremely offensive and abusive.

I can and will be respectful and nice to you, but only up to a point. And that point is Truth. If you cross the Truth line with me, you will get a verbal and emotional slapping.

I think respect is a very important thing. However, I am not going to extend respect if Truth is being compromised. The real value of my leadership is the standard that I set for this work. The standard is raw Consciousness. The standard is not how sweet of a human being you make yourself. That is a different pursuit which is nice but often just confuses thing.

Yes, my style is harsh at times. What I will make a commitment to, is to limit my dickishness as much as possible without sacrificing Truth. So I will remove all excess dickishness, but not more. In this thread the harshness comes out because the Truth was compromised by some folks.

The things I do are complex. I myself struggle to understand them sometimes. But there is also a higher Intelligence at work here that I am following. There is a method to this madness. It is not just some petty ego thing.

Ultimately my work will speak for itself. All these conversations are nice but this is not the work.

The real point of note here is this: Stay humble and openminded about what you think Consciousness and God are. If you do that, I have no problem with you. If you think you are above that, then we got a problem.

This was not a justification of myself to you, it was an inside look at how I understand my own behavior to myself. In case you were interested or confused about what the hell is going on.

Please do not attack @Inliytened1 his heart is in the right place.

If you want to do intelligent critiques of me, be my guest. But do not gaslight me about my understanding of Awakening and Consciousness. You want to criticize my style, my behavior, my views of women, that's all fair game.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, thepixelmonk said:

He said he's probably not as smart when it comes to the domain of existential understanding, which makes complete sense. That's just basic humility. The arrogant joke is you.

No he said understanding everything.  He has more of an ability to understand everything because he is God.   So no..I'm not buying it and I'm not buying how the dudes ego keeps getting worse and worse.  He's off the rails.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.