ivankiss

Constructive criticism for Leo

515 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, DrugsBunny said:

that he perceives a necessity in using controversial language which inadvertently (not intentionally) places him as a higher authority on a matter which he clearly has unique dedication towards -- seems to be a personal bias of yours that is not merited with any practical substantiation.

Sure, if he or anyone makes a compelling argument why he does it, I am willing to change my position on this.

Edited by zurew

26 minutes ago, DrugsBunny said:

My only position is that you should remain open minded to the possibility that his claims have merit. I'm open to the possibility that he is misguided. Can you muster the intellectual integrity to remain open to the possibility that he is correct?

Admitting the mere merit would invalidate his entire worldview. So we're not gonna see any intellectual integrity from him.

15 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@DrugsBunny Have you ever actually self inquired?  I don't think you have.

Wow did you actually say that lmao, talk about blatant hypocrisy.

Ahh... xD

This sounds straight-up misanthropic to me though. I don't think he faked that.

@Leo Gura If this is what you think is cool, what are we to say, it's your life purpose, do it in your style.

I would bet that Vernon Howard's followers had some severe self esteem issues though, that he didn't help them solve. I think that that's what kept them coming back. I think he also got frustrated with his followers' stupidity, them not doing the serious work he recommended.

Not realising that most of them were there for the lashing.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

2 minutes ago, DrugsBunny said:

@Inliytened1 This is where I suspend my polite etiquette with you. As you suggest I have never contemplated my epistemic foundation due to my own lack of cognitive willpower, essentially saying I am stupid, 

I

Actually i find you highly intelligent.  AND Humble.  That's more than I can say for the guy who you look to for enlightenment.   And by that I mean humility.  You're a good guy.   Just don't get hung up on psychedelics awakening you.  You will just wake up.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

15 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Actually i find you highly intelligent.  AND Humble.  That's more than I can say for the guy who you look to for enlightenment.   And by that I mean humility.  You're a good guy.   Just don't get hung up on psychedelics awakening you.  You will just wake up.  

@Inliytened1 am I a good boi too?

Guys, let's keep this away from personal points. 

Remember, only you can discover what is true. Try the techniques, find out for yourself.

Let's be kind to one another here. We are all intelligent people. We all have different views on these things which is healthy. 

You guys likely wont ever agree on what techniques work, what awakening is and so accepting that is important.

My advice is: Get direct experience, smash through the noise. You have access to so many techniques with Leo's teachings, other teachers, the internet and the forum. Nothing is stopping you. Unless you listen to people who aren't willing to do... what you yourself must do. Find out what is true.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Basically I'm telling you guys, "Stay humble and open". And you're tell me, "No Leo! I refuse! I understand it all. You are just too arrogant. You know nothing I don't know."

That's great and I'm on board with that.

I'd like to point out though, that followers tend to resemble their teachers/leaders.

There might be some noise on the communication line that causes misunderstandings.

For example, the tone in the videos doesn't project humility and openness. It projects "there's no human that could ever know better than me"

It's the opposite of humility.

You're basically saying "Do as I say, not as I do" :P

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What I have realized profoundly about myself is that everything arrogant I do is intented to cut through all human bullshit, to allow me to awaken to the levels I have. It's quite paradoxical. Because if I wasn't so arrogant I would never have seen through enough spiritual BS to awaken as I have. But now I have to work on undoing the tool I used to get here.

The problem with humility is that it really has to be earned, not adopted as a dogma the way spiritual folk do.

@Leo Gura Soooo.... which one is it? Shouldn't you be telling people to be more arrogant then, if that's what helped you?

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

I personally think that most people should move out of this forum and find a proper therapist.

24 minutes ago, flowboy said:

That's great and I'm on board with that.

I'd like to point out though, that followers tend to resemble their teachers/leaders.

There might be some noise on the communication line that causes misunderstandings.

For example, the tone in the videos doesn't project humility and openness. It projects "there's no human that could ever know better than me"

It's the opposite of humility.

You're basically saying "Do as I say, not as I do" :P

@Leo Gura Soooo.... which one is it? Shouldn't you be telling people to be more arrogant then, if that's what helped you?

Good points!

I think it's necessary to strike a proper balance between arrogance and humility. I can be arrogant with people in real life and I believe what they're saying less and less (of course I still love many of them) which has been advantageous to my journey (at least that's what I notice) but I'm humbled by Leo ;)

Being a bit arrogant isn't bad. Unless You're talking to someone clearly wiser than You - then it's stupid.

Edited by Sincerity

2 minutes ago, Raphael said:

I personally think that most people should move out of this forum and find a proper therapist.

The forum is not intended to act as professional help. It is encouraged you go seek whatever professional help you may need. 

The forum is intended for casual conversation, sharing of ideas, insights and resources. Please refer to the Forum guidelines.

◭"89"

Honesty cuts through bullshit way better than arrogance.

What I noticed ime, is that when I'm arrogant I'm usually butthurt about something. I'm insecure and seeking validation. I feel like I have something to prove. Arrogance is not confidence. Real confidence is relaxed. Steady and balanced. It does not scream into your face. It does not try hard. It's just confident and comfortable.

Wanna cut through bullshit? Be honest. With yourself first, and then with everyone else too. Honesty is truth. Arrogance is trying to prove that what you're saying or doing is true.

On 25.1.2023 at 11:38 AM, Leo Gura said:

The reason I do that is because I deal with a lot of dumb people who misunderstand my ideas.

Misunderstanding an idea is just misunderstanding an idea. A self who has dumbness is an additional projection.

22 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You just haven't realized yet how dumb you are. This is not an insult, it's a truthful statement.

This is manipulation. You do not have an experience of another self who is dumb. 

See, other spiritual teachers will lull you into a false sense that you have reality and spirituality figured out.

Manipulation.

My style is designed to humble you. A lot of people don't like to be humbled, obviously.

You are not talking to people.

Frankly it surprises me that people take it so personally.

How can persons not take it person-ally? ?

You are not talking to people.

20 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Just do the work and you will be "special" too. Even when I say I have been extremely conscious, that doesn't make me special in my mind.

Yes it does. The word "extremely" points it out, obviously. ?

20 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's just really difficult to change my style on a dime. It's like steering an oil tanker.

It's quite easy actually. Delete all your videos and this website.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

29 minutes ago, roopepa said:

It's quite easy actually. Delete all your videos and this website

No one’s making you stay here

If it annoys you so much then just leave

Edited by something_else

@roopepa I have no idea where you are man…

◭"89"

19 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

I have no idea where you are man…

Huh?

31 minutes ago, something_else said:

No one’s making you stay here

If it annoys you so much then just leave

I just gave an example as to how to stop a dysfunctional oil tanker.

It isn't "a teaching style". It's ego.

@roopepa No, it’s a teaching style. I really enjoy both the content and the delivery of the videos. But think you are just triggered and booty bothered.

I believe in being humble. I personally watch from a lot of sources and it’s clear to me… though Leo is finite, and like all teachers has areas he does well and others not so much. 

He is genuine. He is aware he is speaking to thousands he will disagree with him. His “arrogance” is important.

Telling someone to destroy their work is a pretty low thing to do. If you don’t like it, that’s fine. It helps and inspires a lot of people. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

17 minutes ago, roopepa said:

Well, not everyone thinks it's dysfunctional. If you do, then I don't even know what you're doing here. Just follow teachers who resonate with you more instead.

40 minutes ago, roopepa said:

Yeah forget everyone else who enjoys his work. It’s all about roopepa and what they want. 

◭"89"