ivankiss

Constructive criticism for Leo

515 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That is def true.

Teaching online hordes takes its toll on you.

I have seriously thought about quitting and never teaching again. People do not understand what I teach anyway. I would be far more happy just basking in my own intelligence.

Ahhh. poor you ?

Edited by Salvijus

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol, yeah, my teaching style is the result of not looking like Brad Pitt :D

You sure are imaginative.

I just wanted to apologize for my comments.  It was uncalled for and not characteristic of what we do here .

Besides, you probably land way more girls than me ?  you're a heck of a lot taller.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I hope Leo dont change that much. If he one day start speaking  as Sadguru, Mooji,Osho or even Ken Wilber I am out. I know what is the feeling when you are in your own element, speaking in your own voice and style. It feels so good and authentic. Is like when you find the perfect job that fits your talents. In that state, if anyone comes to you and say you should change the way you are or your approach, the person dont know the costs you paid in inner work to reach that state of authenticity, so in my humble opinion make no freaking sense asking a podcaster to change to fit my personal peferences of delivery.

31 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I have seriously thought about quitting and never teaching again. People do not understand what I teach anyway. I would be far more happy just basking in my own intelligence.

Well to each their own. I'm happy that you are starting to realize some of your own arrogant behaviors and making amends. A lot of other teachers would just deny, project, and call their audience ungrateful and undeserving so you're definitely not that type of person and that's a good thing. Just remember that you're not doing it for the Lowest Common Denominator. Just because a few kids in class are screaming, yelling, being clowns, and not taking the class seriously you still have those students who are the opposite of that and actually do appreciate what's going on and doing the work. Teach for those students not the rotten ones and you'll be fine. I really appreciated your latest video on Andrew Taint. The humor in it was fantastic and the only people you were talking down to was him and the people who admired him. I felt no direspect arrogance and ego in that video on your part. (Well to be fair some people may have but, since I'm nothing like those people I was cracking up after all those jokes after that hour mark). Keep fighting the good fight @Leo Gura and do know that for every 1000 people who don't appreciate it maybe 1 out of that thousand does. So if you do the math and know you have over a million subscribers that's still a lot of people. Do it for them ;)

Edited by Revolutionary Think
spelling mistake

About the deleted Solipsism  vídeo. For me that was among one of the deepest one I ever watched. And listening it several times I could clearly see the reason for deleting it. Was exactly to avoid that falling in wrong ears. Even my mind year ago would freak out trying to even contemplate that stuff. One week after listening that I went to a deep psycadelic trip and the video was very helpfull to me at least contemplating dozens of backstories I keep telling myself. I hope more deep stuff come this year as promised on the video where is told about what course the teaching will start going from now on. 

Edited by Rafael Thundercat

1 hour ago, no_name said:

So why are you doing it online? Wouldn’t it make more sense to teach to a smaller group where you know where the people are at? If you can’t do that, can’t you make your content more inclusive of everyone since anyone can view it? 

I don't have much interest teaching groups of humans. My orignal goal was to make an online catalogue of the highest teachings. That's what I did.

Why are you gearing your advice on the dating section towards young/inexperienced males only?

Because that is my area of expertise and because that most of my audience. YT skews a lot to young men.

Has it not occurred to you that young women are also reading your comments and what you’re writing is extremely damaging to them? Have you not read what women are saying about this and how your attitude has been extremely damaging to them?

I don't find what I say "extremely damaging" to women. This is a very harsh characterization of what I say if you look at it in context.

I also say plenty of things to defend women from exploitative guys. You ignore that part. I teach ethical attraction, which is virtually unheard of in this space. You don't even understand how toxic most attraction advice is. You really need to study the manosphere and see what is being taught. You will come back thanking me. But you are too triggered and offended to investigate this.

Attraction advice is harsh stuff. It's not for carebears. The funny thing is that even though you will trash me here, when it comes to you selecting a man in your life, you will ignore the carebear and pick the one who follows my advice, or worse. It's just that you don't want to know any of this. You want to maintain the fantasy you have of how attraction works.

I'm just the messenger. My goal is to teach men real success with women. My attraction advice is not meant for female ears. Females are not supposed to know this stuff. In the same way that humans are not supposed to know about Awakening.

How many enlightened people have you met in life? Has it occurred to you that the only reason you consider this behaviour to be ok, is because you have nothing to compare it to? 

At least a dozen, if you wanna call them that.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

At least a dozen, if you wanna call them that

That question was not for you. But for your viewers.

4 hours ago, Something Funny said:

@Inliytened1 you guys are being paid to be mods???

@Something Funny Nah bro I wish haha.

Maybe us mods could unionise though and get some dollar. I'm thinking 6 figures per annum is a reasonable start.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

14 minutes ago, no_name said:

That question was not for you. But for your viewers.

I meet some enlighten people, but most of then had a face and a name. 

11 minutes ago, Ulax said:

6 figures

I thought you said 6 fingers as in chicken fingers or something xD. Anyway I made the same joke once with salary. I thought it was celery. I said who the hell would enjoy getting paid with those. I guess they're pretty though :P

12 minutes ago, Ulax said:

@Something Funny Nah bro I wish haha.

Maybe us mods could unionise though and get some dollar. I'm thinking 6 figures per annum is a reasonable start.

Haha. I was genuinely surprised when he said he is not getting paid enough. 

I was like: "hmm, wait a second" xD

@Revolutionary Think Lmao 6 fingers per annum. That probably would help attempts to not look like a cult hehe

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

@no_name not invalidating your opinion or saying I'm disagreeing- but women say that stuff to men all the time and nobody bats an eye. You can even say that you hate men and that's pretty socially acceptable. Js 

27 minutes ago, Ulax said:

Maybe us mods could unionise

I promise all Mods union at your death.

Then 72 chicken fingers.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't find what I say "extremely damaging" to women. This is a very harsh characterization of what I say if you look at it in context.

I also say plenty of things to defend women from exploitative guys. You ignore that part. I teach ethical attraction, which is virtually unheard of in this space. You don't even understand how toxic most attraction advice is. You really need to study the manosphere and see what is being taught. You will come back thanking me. But you are too triggered and offended to investigate this.

Attraction advice is harsh stuff. It's not for carebears. The funny thing is that even though you will trash me here, when it comes to you selecting a man in your life, you will ignore the carebear and pick the one who follows my advice, or worse. It's just that you don't want to know any of this. You want to maintain the fantasy you have of how attraction works.

I'm just the messenger. My goal is to teach men real success with women. My attraction advice is not meant for female ears. Females are not supposed to know this stuff. In the same way that humans are not supposed to know about Awakening.

I am a woman, and I find it extremely damaging. So here is 1 datapoint for you. If you read what other women write, they are saying the same thing. No female finds your comments on the dating forum “eye opening” or a huge “revelation”. What it does to women is make them feel “hopeless” and like there is no decent men out there who will treat them like a human and not as a pretty object meant for f*cking.

The rhetoric about women is equivalent to saying how men’s value is in what he can financially provide to a woman, that men with small d*cks are pretty much doomed in terms of long lasting relationship, etc.. This could also be considered harsh truth, isn’t it?  

Trust me, I would never date anyone who needs to get their dating advice from you. That does not mean I would date a people pleaser either. None of your dating advice is revelational - become a better man and take responsibility for your life and you’ll have better chances in dating.

If the dating subpage is meant for men only, how do you ensure women are not on there? Do you give any warnings to women not to visit that page?

Edited by no_name

17 minutes ago, Jacob Morres said:

@no_name not invalidating your opinion or saying I'm disagreeing- but women say that stuff to men all the time and nobody bats an eye. You can even say that you hate men and that's pretty socially acceptable. Js 

This is not about what other men and what other women say. This is about what a person who calls himself an enlightened teacher says in a public forum for everyone to see.

Edited by no_name

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm not talking to them, I'm talking to you.

You just haven't realized yet how dumb you are. This is not an insult, it's a truthful statement.

See, other spiritual teachers will lull you into a false sense that you have reality and spirituality figured out. This makes you feel good. I do the opposite, by design. My style is designed to humble you. A lot of people don't like to be humbled, obviously. But I would rather err on the side of caution.

Honestly, it is hard for me to overstate how wrong the listener is about everything they know. For example, there are actually people on this forum who have managed to convince themselves that they understand what Consciousness is.

But also, I act it up a bit to make the videos more emotional engaging. It's a tongue-in-cheek act. So don't take it too personally. You get a bit of a lashing from me, like an extra-hard massage. That's what you should look forward to. Your mind is lazy and soft, so I yell at you sometimes to get you riled up. Frankly it surprises me that people take it so personally.

We get it, it's fine, I don't take it personally and I don't think many do.

The lashing style is what attracted me to your channel in the first place (although it was off-putting at first, it became enjoyable later. Like coffee. Or beer. Or working out.)

Sometimes you spend half a video talking about how people really don't get it though. Sometimes I experience this as diluting the actual content. Also, if really no one's gonna get it, then why make the video even? Something's a bit off there.

And I'm playing with the idea that that attracts people who want to be told what to think and who have no esteem for their own mind. Guru seekers. Perhaps even the dumb people that irritate you so much, could be attracted by that..?

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

Seeing reality, i.e. being enlightened, has absolutely nothing to do with having every virtue in the world. Many enlightened people did terrible stuff to others. Leo is arrogant. But so is everyone else that puts himself in a position of authority. You can't have the good without having the bad. Display of one virtue is usually accompanied by the display of a vice.