ivankiss

Constructive criticism for Leo

515 posts in this topic

I'm not saying Leo should be all lovey dovey and turn into an absolute sweetheart. That would also not be good. It would not be as unique and authentic. I do like his direct and no bs approach. I think that's a strength. But it can all be done without assuming the other end to be dumb and asleep.

Tell me how it is, give it to me straight, but don't lash out at me or think that I'm stupid for not being there just yet. It creates divisions, instead of inspiring unification. 

Teaching requires a lot of patience, understanding, humility, compassion, respect, etc. You have to see yourself in your students. We were all dumb at some point. And we have to be humble enough to know that we still have a long way to go, no matter how deep our realizations and awakenings are. There's always more, always deeper.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The reason I do that is because I deal with a lot of dumb people who misunderstand my ideas.

It's not an excuse, but I've def been jaded by all the dumb comments I've read over the years.

I only listen to the metaphysical work.  Which you are all in black shirt and some white.  Did what they are speaking of come in the other stuff?  In those you have the burning desire to share, and this is what shines through. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, flowboy said:

We have this running joke "Let's watch Leo, I feel like getting yelled at"

I get that, but the dumb people will never get your work anyway, so why talk to them? Could it work to mentally be talking more to the people who do get it?

I'm not talking to them, I'm talking to you.

You just haven't realized yet how dumb you are. This is not an insult, it's a truthful statement.

See, other spiritual teachers will lull you into a false sense that you have reality and spirituality figured out. This makes you feel good. I do the opposite, by design. My style is designed to humble you. A lot of people don't like to be humbled, obviously. But I would rather err on the side of caution.

Honestly, it is hard for me to overstate how wrong the listener is about everything they know. For example, there are actually people on this forum who have managed to convince themselves that they understand what Consciousness is.

But also, I act it up a bit to make the videos more emotional engaging. It's a tongue-in-cheek act. So don't take it too personally. You get a bit of a lashing from me, like an extra-hard massage. That's what you should look forward to. Your mind is lazy and soft, so I yell at you sometimes to get you riled up. Frankly it surprises me that people take it so personally.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm not talking to them, I'm talking to you.

You just haven't realized yet how dumb you are. This is not an insult, it's a truthful statement.

See, other spiritual teachers will lull you into a false sense that you have reality and spirituality figured out. This makes you feel good. I do the opposite, by design. My style is designed to humble you. A lot of people don't like to be humbled, obviously. But I would rather err on the side of caution.

Honestly, it hard for me to overstate how wrong the listener is about everything they know.

@Flyboy this is him trying to control your mind.  It is BS.  You are not dumb.   You never were.  Do not look to him as a leader.  Take the metaphysics and leave the rest.  Dude has an ego problem in the worst way because he doesn't have traditional good looks and can't get women without getting help.  So he tries to control this way.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Dude has an ego problem in the worst way because he doesn't have traditional good looks and can't get women without getting help. 

Lol, yeah, my teaching style is the result of not looking like Brad Pitt :D

You sure are imaginative.

Edited by Leo Gura

10 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Dude has an ego problem in the worst way because he doesn't have traditional good looks and can't get women without getting help.  So he tries to control this way.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol, yeah, my teaching style is the result of not looking like Brad Pitt :D

xD Humorous as fuck! 

Speak to the most intelligent person in the room. Let them be a good example to the rest.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

2 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

@Inliytened1 Leo looks hot af, and he is also tall. What are you talking about?

He knows what i am talking about.  He knows exactly.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I have lived and seen with my own eyes many of the things from Actulized.org teachings. Some things I have experienced before meeting the channel. I had a pathological stance about my own intelligence and knowledge that would make me constantly keep thinking that I was dumb, that I couldn't trust myself or anything that I knew, and that nothing was obvious. This stance actually led me to many realizations, and I believe is actually one of the keys to a deeper understanding of things.

Besides, being called dumb by a guy that has this puffed chest approach, actually ignites many egocentric people to "prove him wrong". One in one thousand of those will eventually awaken by these seeds of knowledge being planted. Whenever I listened to Leo, and have never heard what he was talking about, I just ignored the free insults and paid close attention to the concepts. His, or anyone else's, including myself, opinion about my intelligence has no bearing on what I learn or not. I was there for philosophy, got what I wanted, applied what made sense to me, worked on the inferences, and arguments myself, tried to refute them, and gained knowledge this way. 

If you want approval from Leo, seek to be praised by an authority that you projected onto him, or wish for a delivery that shows respect to you, I would say you should work on your self-confidence and epistemology. Leo is just a channel for knowledge, and your worth is not measured by the opinion of a guy that speaks to a camera on the internet. Wanting some kind of specific treatment from him seems to me as getting mad at a TV because it's not calling you Mr.

Edited by Israfil

Would you ridicule and yell at a baby that crawls and cannot walk just yet? Such a dumb little baby. It cannot even stand up straight. Its mind is so soft and lazy. It takes everything so personally. It cries when you yell the truth at its face. So stupid.

Can you see how you're actually the dumb one in that scenario? Yes, you might be more advanced, evolved and developed. Awake and conscious. And that is precisely why you should be more gentle and considerate.

Are you really that afraid of a baby? Are you that scared that a baby might judge you and think you're crazy? 

It's the same with spirituality and development. We're all at different stages here. And the higher you are, the more mature and humble you should be.

Is being insensitive and all numbed out while parroting the same shit about enlightenment the ultimate goal here? Is that what we're working towards? Is that going to awaken the world and lead to more peace, love and harmony? Is that going to solve all our issues?

Tough love has its place, I guess, but it should not be the end all be all. It's should not be a standard. Otherwise what we will get is a bunch of rude, disrespectful, inconsiderate jerks, running around and yelling they're God, thinking their dick is the biggest. It's leading towards hell, not heaven.

Idk, everytime he addresses me as God I somehow feel...

seen.

Like he actually knows me.

Its weird I know, because he is just a guy on a screen.

But never felt like someone understands me as intimately as he does!

:x

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

My style is designed to humble you. A lot of people don't like to be humbled, obviously. 

You will never humble people by directly shitting on their character, you will humble people by being emphatetic and carefully walking them through examples and demonstrateing how wrong they are. - and you already have a very good skillset to do that, and you have already done that in some of your videos.

By the combination of praising yourself (saying that you are special, saying that you have a special brain chemistry, and saying that  you have awakened to things, that no other guru or spiritual person have awakened to)  and at the same time shitting on your listeners - you create an effect, where most of your listeners  will just look at you as an authoritative figure who delivers the truth, the truth, that cannot be questioned by them, because they are too incapable or dumb to do so , so they will just eat your words without thinking about them or without any contemplation.

You also create an effect, where your deepest insights will be directly tied to the uniqueness of your character ( because the impilcation by you saying that no one knows the stuff that you know [even though there are many spiritually gifted people who have done much more spiritual work than you], is that your deepest insights can only be achieved by having the characteristics that you have).

Edited by zurew

10 minutes ago, zurew said:

You will never humble people by directly shitting on their character, you will humble people by being emphatetic and carefully walking them through examples and demonstrateing how wrong they are. - and you already have a very good skillset to do that, and you have already done that in some of your videos.

By the combination of praising yourself (saying that you are special, saying that you have a special brain chemistry, and saying that  you have awakened to things, that no other guru or spiritual person have awakened to)  and at the same time shitting on your listeners - you create an effect, where most of your listeners  will just look at you as an authoritative figure who delivers the truth, the truth, that cannot be questioned by them, because they are too incapable or dumb to do so , so they will just eat your words without thinking about them or without any contemplation.

The question is where and why the shift took place.  But they aren't paying me enough to look into it.  So honestly I don't give a shit and neither should you.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

If you contemplate this you will see the truth of it for yourself: You are both very dumb and very intelligent. That's the paradox.

Edited by Leo Gura

55 minutes ago, zurew said:

Well, actually shame is a powerful technique. Up to a point. But I have been moving away from it.

I am in the process of upgrading my style to be less aggressive and more respectful. Haven't you noticed? I am getting sweeter every day! ;)

and at the same time shitting on your listeners

If you listen carefully to my speeches, I never actually shit on you. I always fundamentally assume you are capable of the greatest self-actualization, no less than me.

I'm just also very realistic with you about what it will take for you to achieve that.

Can you become God-like? Yes, obviously, that is my highest desire for you. Would I bet on you doing the work to reach it? Hell no. You gotta earn that.

I am happy for you to prove me wrong.

My style is ground in hyper-realism, not feel-good platitudes. The reality is that even moat spiritual people are as intelligent as monkeys. You gotta find a way to rise above that if you wanna reach my standard for intelligence. And I have very high standards for you.

- you create an effect, where most of your listeners  will just look at you as an authoritative figure who delivers the truth, the truth, that cannot be questioned by them, because they are too incapable or dumb to do so , so they will just eat your words without thinking about them or without any contemplation.

You also create an effect, where your deepest insights will be directly tied to the uniqueness of your character ( because the impilcation by you saying that no one knows the stuff that you know [even though there are many spiritually gifted people who have done much more spiritual work than you], is that your deepest insights can only be achieved by having the characteristics that you have).

Funny enough I don't consider myself special.

Just do the work and you will be "special" too. Even when I say I have been extremely conscious, that doesn't make me special in my mind.

But I get your point. The key is to be respectful of people, and I have been working on that because a disrespectful attitude is too limited. I'm well aware that I turn people off. It's just really difficult to change my style on a dime. It's like steering an oil tanker.

Personally I have liked it when a teachers is strict and aggressive with me. I modeled my style a lot on Vernon Howard. I like to play a good cop, bad cop style. But I understand that most people want a softer approach.

I am not rejecting your feedback. It has some merit and I hear it.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 hour ago, ivankiss said:

Would you ridicule and yell at a baby that crawls and cannot walk just yet? Such a dumb little baby. It cannot even stand up straight. Its mind is so soft and lazy. It takes everything so personally. It cries when you yell the truth at its face.

I respect you too much to treat you like a baby.

Think about it, buttercup ;)

Edited by Leo Gura

Y'all are a bunch of babies. :D  I've seen harsher teachings. Have you ever been yelled at by a drill sergeant? I haven't, but it seems like a good example in this case 

Edited by Richard Purdy

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I respect you too much to treat you like a baby.

Think about it, buttercup ;)

I hear you. And just now, I'm sitting here and thinking... I am indeed quite dumb when it comes to a lot of things. I am also full of my own shit. So yeah, take this thread as you see it fit. I think there is something to it. But I also became a bit more aware of how your methods are valid and serve a purpose.

I was calling myself out too. I see similar traits in myself sometimes. It all comes back to me, one way or the other. I still think there is work to be done in this area, but I also see how and why it is at it is.