Julian gabriel

how to change what you believe?

20 posts in this topic

So reality is whatever i believe it is.

But how do i change what i believe? 

my beliefs feel so engrained in my mind that it seems almost impossible to change them.  

Can you remember a time when your beliefs changed in the past? What was that like?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Simply by repeating new beliefs into your mind daily.

But reality is not whatever you believe.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Simply by repeating new beliefs into your mind daily.

But reality is not whatever you believe.

@Leo Gura could u explain to me why u think reality is not whatever i believe it to be? 

My argument is that reality is absolutely relative, therefore it is whatever it believes itself to be. 

it could be that we are just using different words to mean the same thing. instead of “believe” i could say: reality is whatever i “think” it is.

Edited by Julian gabriel

Sorry to sound like a bleating sheep, but all beliefs are imaginary. none is useful to understand reality

20 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Sorry to sound like a bleating sheep, but all beliefs are imaginary. none is useful to understand reality

Isn't that just a belief though? ?

28 minutes ago, Julian gabriel said:

@Leo Gura could u explain to me why u think reality is not whatever i believe it to be? 

My argument is that reality is absolutely relative, therefore it is whatever it believes itself to be. 

it could be that we are just using different words to mean the same thing. instead of “believe” i could say: reality is whatever i “think” it is.

Beliefs are like sunglasses.  They tint your perception of reality.

56 minutes ago, Julian gabriel said:

There is is a lot of traps here to be wary of. Reality is as it is regardless of what you believe. But, your beliefs shape your subjective filter on reality. As a human in your finite form you are limited.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, WelcometoReality said:

Isn't that just a belief though? ?

no, it is the reality, verified many times with direct experience.

13 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

no, it is the reality, verified many times with direct experience.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Direct experience is prior to belief. But as soon as we start to form words that explain "direct experience" we're into belief territory. Wouldn't you agree?

1 minute ago, WelcometoReality said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. Direct experience is prior to belief. But as soon as we start to form words that explain "direct experience" we're into belief territory. Wouldn't you agree?

Yes, any concept or idea is ego at the end. all ideas are just ideas, but some point towards the dissolution of the mental barrier, and others build more barrier

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

Yes, any concept or idea is ego at the end. all ideas are just ideas, but some point towards the dissolution of the mental barrier, and others build more barrier

Well said. ?

Reality is a certain set of structural factors, that are very resilient to change.

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura

Self observation of maya within yourself will uncurtain false/old beliefs making room for new ones.

In Tate we trust

11 hours ago, Julian gabriel said:

So reality is whatever i believe it is.

But how do i change what i believe? 

my beliefs feel so engrained in my mind that it seems almost impossible to change them.  

@Julian gabriel You can do shadow work, i.e. via journaling, depth psychotherapy, holotropic breathwork.

Imo, a lot of beliefs are just defence mechanisms, and serve as means to aid our survival in various ways. For example, as a means to hide a part of ourselves we have come to believe is unacceptable. By doing shadow work you can rewire your unconscious patterns and as such these defence mechanisms fade away. Hence leading to belief change imo.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

You recognize them as such, ie become conscious that you're holding a particular belief and how you're doing it in your experience, drop the belief and exchange it for a more empowering one.

Or you try to drop it without exchanging it for another. I'd suggest to change your relationship towards beliefs. Hold them as tools, toss out stupid ones and don't confuse them with whatever's true.

Most likely a new, deeper sense of not-knowing will emerge. Learn to delve into this state, do not immediately run away from the discomfort. Whether you believe X or Y, neither is true, and will never be. It's a belief, something you think about 

Edited by UnbornTao

Reality = Infinity = ONE
We live in the Quantum Multiverse. The Net of Indra contains a plenum of every possible event. We are in superposition of every possible conscious experience and we move according to the flow of Love. Reality is a plenum of relationships. Infinite Mind.

Beliefs comprise the structure of our minds, our thoughts, our personality, and, because the world is mind, our subconscious beliefs shape the very fabric and structure of Reality itself. This is why I believe the Earth is neither flat nor round, yet it is both. (If you've ever heard of The Buddha's Four-Fold logic, it is exactly like quantum superposition)

Beliefs are the subconscious network of thoughts that manifest this Reality and your entire Life. Beliefs and thoughts are illusory but that's what makes Creation fun. If you can become fully conscious of a belief, you can choose to release it and believe anything you want to; 
Technically, if you can discard all beliefs in faith, you are letting the Pure Love of God do all the creating for you. Meditation results in the manifestation of your heart's deepest desire.

We Are ONE. ♥ 

It is important to note that it is perfectly inevitable that we will always hold onto some beliefs in the subconscious mind because the mind is Infinite Unity. This is OK, because this is how God creates! ;)

Edited by tuku747

Grab a belief by the scruff of the neck, shake it, deconstruct it.

All stories and explanations are false.