Thought Art

A vision for total wellness

39 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

@Javfly33 “Where were you while we were getting high?” - Oasis 

?

13 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

that seems what perfection would be for the ego and that's tricky. the ego sees imperfection by definition. the only perfection is to detach from the ego and perceive the perfect beauty of the eternal present moment. and accept the ego for what it is, the energy that struggles, that seeks and that is unsatisfied. is insatiable You have to give it your dose of fight and challenge and enjoy his dissatisfaction, having the ability to detach yourself from it at will and enter into the wonder of the profound present.

What you have exposed is a list of things that would make the ego happy. that is impossible, the ego will never be

Spot on

@Breakingthewall Sounds like your talking about number 3. Perfect Self Acceptance 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

13 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Breakingthewall Sounds like your talking about number 3. Perfect Self Acceptance 

self acceptance sounds like something the ego has to do. I would rather say no self. the ego has to be working because we are not a plant, but we must learn to turn it off at will. I think all spirituality consists in learning this. understand what the ego is, see it clearly, be able to turn it off, with meditation, with psychedelics, in a habitual way, each time easier. When you turn off the ego, perfection remains, and reality turns beautiful and deep further than any explanation 

15 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@Someone here I wasn’t pointing to knowing all the finite stuff that’s not possible because it’s infinite. You can however Grok was reality is as a whole. 

Neither you will figure out the whole nor the parts . It will never be fuly understood .its an endless mystery. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here Do you know that? How do you know reality doesn’t have the ability to perfectly understand itself?

@Breakingthewall Maybe that’s 10. Perfect State of Consciousness?

Realistically you will not eradicate your ego. You might as well accept that and also work on developing a healthy self acceptance. This is something to be wary with spiritual bypassing. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

23 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Do you know that? How do you know reality doesn’t have the ability to perfectly understand itself?

It can understand that it can't understand. Lol 

Think about it ..a complete and total understanding of something which is INFINITE!! Meaning it doesn't end . Do you see any flaws in this line of reasoning? 

-Osho

@Someone here Have you considered a paradox is possible here? 

◭"89"

3 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Someone here Have you considered a paradox is possible here? 

I would somewhat agree with you if you used the word "inconsistencies" or "contradictions", not "paradox ". reality is not avoiding anything in any intentional sense. It just is, and I believe it is wholly consistent and rationally accessible, at least in part. If it weren't, reality would not be reality, and it really couldn't be anything. So I couldn't even have any perception of it.

BUT ..to understand it fully requires you to become infinite to encompass it completely since it is infinite . And I asked you on my first post here that "how you would go about achieving this"? How would  you become infinite? 

-Osho

@Someone here Psychedelics. 

You have a lot of assumptions too. 

1. That reality is rational 

2. That you have perceptions 

3. That Reality is something 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

12 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

You have a lot of assumptions too. 

1. That reality is rational 

2. That you have perceptions 

3. That Reality is something

Reality is not rational in itself.  But it corresponds to our mental activity.  So I can throw a rock up there and calculate with 100% certainty when it's gonna fall .its called consistency. 

Of course I have perceptions. I have five senses .I use my senses as well .not just my mind .

Something =nothing. 

-Osho

@Someone here But, the perceptions are just dream. Your consciousness is absolutely powerful and creative. Dreaming an external world and life, the myriad of 10,000 things, etc

Reality has the capacity to be rational 

It’s subtle, but what we normally call a perception is rooted in materialism. A biological creature, who has a brain and sense organs etc. But, all that is really just dream stuff in universal mind. Which is the bubble. 

Anyway, this is a tangent for another thread.

Fundamentally… what is Reality?

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Love this, would even add an element of Positive Affirmations / Gratitude to it, as well as the contemplation

Heard a great technique of 5/5/5 in terms of Gratitude phrased in the present. The kicker is 5 things from the past (e.g. a memory) 5 in the present you have & 5 things you want (e.g. financial abundance, perfect energy etc) but you phrase them all as if you have them now- essentially when put in the mix with things you have, subconscious sees no difference

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

14 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Love this, would even add an element of Positive Affirmations / Gratitude to it, as well as the contemplation

This is a good idea. 

This list can be expanded and used in however your want it. You can use it to:

1. Contemplate

2. Seek progressional help and coaching

3. Seek out psychedelic trips

4. Contemplation 

5. change diet and eating habits

6. Research 

7. Embody things

8. Go on Amazon, type in a key word and collect a bunch of books you wanna buy 

9. Affirmations 

10. Date 

11. Get direct experience in dating, career etc 

12. Just, let go and accept reality as it is. But, paradox! Improve the areas you want to improve.

Anything

By contemplating your ideal, it allows you to begin to work toward it. It’s a multidimensional list and I wrote it with enough awareness that it should account for most critiques. If you are criticizing it it’s likely your own fears and mental filter.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Michael Jackson Can you not derail the thread with that?

◭"89"

14 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@Michael Jackson Can you not derail the thread with that?

I apologize my lord. Didn't mean to disrespect the majesty.

Edited by Michael Jackson

@Michael Jackson Please just offer respect to others on the forum. And a little maturity.

◭"89"

22 hours ago, Thought Art said:

But, the perceptions are just dream. Your consciousness is absolutely powerful and creative. Dreaming an external world and life, the myriad of 10,000 things, etc

Be careful not to take the whole "dream " analogy too literally.  Reality is NOT literally a dream . No one is dreaming it .it just exists mysteriously . It just is .nobody knows what THIS is .

It’s subtle, but what we normally call a perception is rooted in materialism. A biological creature, who has a brain and sense organs etc. But, all that is really just dream stuff in universal mind. Which is the bubble. 

This is correct from the absolute level . 

Fundamentally… what is Reality?

Direct experience .exactly as it is .

-Osho