Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Julian gabriel

why do people believe what they believe?

5 posts in this topic

the question this guy keeps asking is: 

why do people believe what they believe? 

i couldn’t come up with a good answer to this question. 

could you tell me why?

It's because of experience.

Ask a person if he can swim. Assuming he can, he will say, "I can swim" (because he has done it before).

Drop him in the Ocean and ask him if he can swim for 7 days and he will say he can't (because he has not done it before)

The rest of the stuff is just for easy reference. Yes Scientist calls Atoms as Atoms. You can also call it something else like Fatoms but people will just find it harder to understand you.

Similarly, you can argue October should not be the 10th month since Octo means 8 and so October should be the 8th month. 

Edited by hyruga

This one claims to be a nonbeliever, though they have countless beliefs, including but not limited to believing they are a nonbeliever.

The brain evolved to 'believe' as a mechanism of survival.

They are still in the 'why what' loop which is an important part of the awakening process and which eventually will evolve to question all the facets of belief like the 'who what', 'where what', 'when what' and 'how what' puzzle pieces. Not to be left out is the 'what what' that is really a 'which what' question.

It's the believing mechanism deconstruction, so once one looks inside to see what it is, those questions about it are answered. Nobody has to explain it to you, nobody can explain it to you, it is an ineffable perception in awareness about the nature of believing in consciousness.

Then one can become aware of the believing mechanism answer to the question, 'then what'.

Edited by SOUL

I heard once that someone will believe something if 2 conditions are met - 1) it's the first they are hearing of the subject 2) it's being presented to them in a charismatic and believable way, by someone they trust. 

For example someone might believe in Islam because they were introduced to it as a child, which was the first they ever heard of the religion and it was presented to them by their parents who they trusted. 

Even at an older age maybe you believe flat earth because its the first time you ever heard of the possibility the earth might not be round and then maybe it was presented to you by a youtuber you already watched and liked.