Someone here

I miss the beauty of mathematics

12 posts in this topic

In high school ,my favourite subject were math and physics.  I just enjoyed solving mathematical problems. Algebra was like a hypnotic drug for me . 

Unfortunately I stopped doing maths for more than 5 years now.  And I feel  like I forgot all the cool stuff I learned (Algebra, calculus, geometry etc). I barely am able to solve the simplest tasks in the multiplication table .

How do you rebuild my mathematical abilities? 

1_lLiSm1cRPXlNFxVo-R8JZQ.jpeg

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I was like you too math was my favourite subject with science all of it physics, chemistry and biology.

Find a good teacher work under him as an assistant.

Maybe consider building a skill around mathematics. For example, you can learn to code and go into AI. AI programming needs calculus and linear algebra. This way you can use your love your math to not only improve the world but you can make a living. 

Bro trust, your love for math isn't to waste because not many people love math. I myself am learning to love math slowly. So its pretty killer. 

Additionally check this out:

19 hours ago, omar30 said:

I was like you too math was my favourite subject with science all of it physics, chemistry and biology.

Find a good teacher work under him as an assistant.

Mathematics isn’t everybody’s cup of tea. But that’s ok! Personally i get an adrenaline rush by spending hours tackling a problem, the very same problem can make others to want to pull their hair out! Thankfully, I am of the former category.

-Osho

19 hours ago, UpperMaster said:

Maybe consider building a skill around mathematics. For example, you can learn to code and go into AI. AI programming needs calculus and linear algebra. This way you can use your love your math to not only improve the world but you can make a living. 

Bro trust, your love for math isn't to waste because not many people love math. I myself am learning to love math slowly. So its pretty killer. 

Additionally check this out:

Thanks. 

AI is another fascinating subject to me as well.  I think it depends more on understanding how consciousness and how the brain work more than it is about math.

however, The real-life applications of Mathematics are endless. We are surrounded by numbers, equations and algorithms.. especially in this age of data science, with huge data sets that can only be understood through statistical models and analysis. 

-Osho

12 hours ago, Someone here said:

Mathematics isn’t everybody’s cup of tea. But that’s ok! Personally i get an adrenaline rush by spending hours tackling a problem, the very same problem can make others to want to pull their hair out! Thankfully, I am of the former category.

Flow state ?

2 hours ago, omar30 said:

Flow state ?

Yup.  I was so "professional " and in love with playing with mathematical equations in high school that I would literally play some music and put on my headphones while solving algebra problems.  Oh the good old days . I'm now shit at math ? 

-Osho

I'm not the most passionate person about math but I don't hate it or fear it much. I still remember the satisfaction I had when I solved a complex math problem in school, or did math homework assignments. Wasn't sure how to feel about my lil satisfaction because everybody always complained about math (I admit that I ditched math classes too before I realized that I kind of enjoy it).

Later in life I've started to look at it from a new perspective as an artist and started to appriciate math as it exists everywhere in the physical world and is very linked to what we call beauty and harmony.

Now I touch the subject from the postion of coding and I find it challenging in a satisfying way, reminds me the feeling I had in school of trying to solve a math problem.  

I also consider to take a few math lessons to refresh my memory. 

Let Love In

15 hours ago, Lila9 said:

I'm not the most passionate person about math but I don't hate it or fear it much. I still remember the satisfaction I had when I solved a complex math problem in school, or did math homework assignments. Wasn't sure how to feel about my lil satisfaction because everybody always complained about math (I admit that I ditched math classes too before I realized that I kind of enjoy it).

Later in life I've started to look at it from a new perspective as an artist and started to appriciate math as it exists everywhere in the physical world and is very linked to what we call beauty and harmony.

Now I touch the subject from the postion of coding and I find it challenging in a satisfying way, reminds me the feeling I had in school of trying to solve a math problem.  

I also consider to take a few math lessons to refresh my memory. 

lot of things around us are beautiful but we never feel it, and so is mathematics. Many of us have an aversion to Mathematics. This is because right from childhood we are told that it is a difficult topic and thus requires some special skills, which are not easy to find in a common person.

Lemme tell you, this is a myth, to feel the beauty of the mathematics we need to understand its usage, applications, and ability to mould every problem in one’s own way is required and not just to practice questions only to crack the exam.

-Osho

31 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Many of us have an aversion to Mathematics. This is because right from childhood we are told that it is a difficult topic and thus requires some special skills, which are not easy to find in a common person.

I wasn't excellent at math I was good at average always miss on half a point or point from the excellent degree untill I found a good teacher he totally made me fall in love with math I was always getting the full degree afterwards the adrenaline rush me and my friend were getting in his class was similar to how we were playing football matches at the time constant enjoyment and flow God I miss it.

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

lot of things around us are beautiful but we never feel it, and so is mathematics. Many of us have an aversion to Mathematics. This is because right from childhood we are told that it is a difficult topic and thus requires some special skills, which are not easy to find in a common person.

Lemme tell you, this is a myth, to feel the beauty of the mathematics we need to understand its usage, applications, and ability to mould every problem in one’s own way is required and not just to practice questions only to crack the exam.

Yes it could have been taught in much more interesting and fun ways rather than the way its still taught in schools.

Let Love In

I also love math. On the LSD trips, I've started to see math everywhere. Trips helped me to discover my life purpose - I can't say what exactly it is but it is definitely somewhere in math circles. Now I'm into procedural modeling in Foundry Modo/Houdini.