Razard86

What is Pain From A Metaphysical Perspective

9 posts in this topic

Pain is the denial of Truth and Love. Whenever God resists and denies what it is, it experiences pain.

Only A part of God who doesn't understand Love would believe that God loves unconditionally Pain. 

Its not their fault they are disconnected from Feeling, so God understands

If you realize through your direct experience that your entire life is predicated on the maximization of pleasure and the minimization of pain

why in the hell would you think God is any different?

You would say well some humans are masochists' so explain that?

Every masochist has/her limit then they get tired of it.

When have you ever heard anyone get tired of pleasure? NEVER it has happens!!!

What happens is it STOPS feeling like pleasure and it either becomes numb or it starts hurting...THEN YOU WANT IT TO STOP!!!

So why would God, WHICH IS YOU, deny the fact that they are addicted to pleasure and are always avoiding dullness and pain?

YOU SEE? What kind of stupid being would LOVE PAIN? Ask yourself that!!! God loves it conditionally!!!

Pain is the condition God must face to both understand itself and reunite with itself!!!! That is the only reason pain exists!!!

All separation is conditional, that is why it is impermanent!!! But union? THAT IS IMPERMANENT!!! ITS FOREVER!!! 

Once you understand what I am saying....then you are finally being honest about your feelings!!!

Edited by Razard86

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

@Razard86 you are falling into the trap of hedonism . No amount of sex or food or drugs or music or travelling or stoicalising will ever make you truly fulfilled. 

The truth is: We human are designed to adapt. The pleasure of winning a lottery, buying a new car, or even meeting the man or woman of our dream does not last forever. We adapt to our fulfilled desires and eventually stop finding them as desirable as they once were. As a result, in order to experience the same level of pleasure we have once attained, we now need to seek new desires with higher intensity...a greater wealth, a more luxurious car, a bigger house, and perhaps for some… a new relationship or even a new marriage. Contrary to our original intention, the pursuit of pleasure has become a vicious cycle that consumes our life in a rather undesirable way.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Why in you nightly dreams do you dream up scenarios in which you experience pain and fear?

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

Be wary of being a zen devil. 

Try not to confuse God, with a finite Ego. Though, they are one. God in it’s purest sense is not biased in this way. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Those assertions sound too airy-fairy.

Why bring up the absolute when talking about pleasure and pain? Why conflate them?

If there's pleasure, there has to be pain. They co-exist as the same dynamic. Consider that pleasure is based on pain -- the motivation itself to pursue pleasure is already based on the assessment of a presently painful or "less than" condition. 

As hearsay, I can say that pain is a thought. 

Now, in order to really grasp that point some serious contemplation is needed on my part. So I better get to work.

Edited by UnbornTao

Confusing pain with suffering.

Pain is just a signal from the body indicating damage has been done to some part of it.

It's necessary for the survival of the biological organism.

You can definitely look at pleasure/pain itself as one of the most tricky fundamental perceptions which other perceptions have to be built upon, you can perceive your mind or emotions or even objects through it, like a form of ultra vipassana basically which was definitely physically dangerous to my health until I figured out how to do it in a balanced way after taking care of extreme health issues that I blame in part to extreme vipassana/witnessing/kundalini provocations, not sure but it might be a developed "third eye", I think it's what allows ego's to exist and has a lot to do with time, I think god doesn't understand time very well yet, I like to look at it as the kundalini of thought or mind or understanding itself.

There's a tremendous amount that I want to share but it's mostly to satisfy my desire for inclusion which is fine but also because it takes a lot of effort to prove each and all points about each and everything both right and wrong since I have a desire to feel part of an elite "tribe" of people who understand the obviousness of thoughts as just another vector of sensations of pleasure/pain itself, purely my selfishness for fun, for the type of people who are "upside down", where impulses start from the head(imagination) more than from anywhere else, there's not much information to add that's new only to make others perception more accurate for fun and there are infinite ways to go about it, the point is that it should be worth it, fun/deep, elucidating and inclusive of all imagination,

All I have to do is prove everyone right at the same time, wrong works too but that's hardcore because people want to be right more than wrong and of course a god would do both for maximum effect, I'm including myself in the right/wrong mind to "fix" since this is a pervasive metaphysical action that maximizes pleasure and reduces pain(there's a difference between suffering and pain and a connection it's hard to put it simply in words), I don't see any difference between any mind, only different physical locations for said minds to put it very simply or edges of personal events to put it slightly more complicated.

It helps a lot to look at pain/pleasure as a type of movement which applies both to objects themselves and to our observation of them, any object, be it mind stuff or material, the "movement" of pleasure and of pain, what does something in pleasure tend to move more like and so on.
Take note an arm looked at in isolation is just material embedded in some mind, it's basically vipassana refined to the level of mind itself.
You can apply it to thoughts, to control of impulses, to the act of swallowing, anything goes, you can categorize how much and what type of pleasures and pains were in this or that, it can be dangerous because the observer is also a target to this yet it is always able to retain it's status as such indicating that the body itself has automatic functions that do these categorizations automatically so the only way to hurt yourself is by pushing your mind too far in a physical way, this translates to a feeling of "aura" type adrenaline in the head which can quickly turn into paranoia from pure energetic misalignment although it can turn into sublime understanding which is what I got addicted to like a drug.

You can apply "vipassana" to the act of reading itself, anything is categorizable, of course some things are unique, like the whole self or some things only happen once, like every total moment, but since parts repeat themselves they are subject to being decomposed and memorized as the pleasure/pain mix they are, I did this to myself until eventually I had to drag living as a human into it, very horrible, works in the right environment though, it works for me because thoughts and emotions have a feeling of literal weight to them for me so it might make sense to people that can feel this weight, of course not most individual thoughts, mostly types and waves of concentrations and states of mind have different feelings of distribution of weight not just in my head where it is felt most strongly(ideally it is well distributed throughout the entire body) but surrounding myself and even the type of "pull" they tend to have as they're connected to the whole world.

Anyway I think at some point this is just another voluntary act or choice that we do like any other, it can be right it can be anything depends on the context/person.

I got excited that razzard made 2 posts favoring my type of logic, there needs to be more understanding of the function of pleasure in understanding itself which could be viewed as the conscious incorporation of the feminine side of the mind which I associate with pleasure maybe because I'm male. Looking at pleasure as it relates to thoughts themselves not just pleasurable events on a good/bad perspective. Looking at pleasure/pain objectively and then connecting it to the personality, which would have preferences and sufferings and then seeing it how much of the time these preferences and suffering formed/solidified when certain amounts of pleasure/pain combined and mixed with others across time to form these preferences rather than some holier than thou supreme self knowing that it was I that was selecting them, you didn't select much at first, you had to obey pain and pleasure until your mind got complex enough across time for some of the close to survival formations to become available to modification, ironically enough because ego is able to imagine it's own reasons for existing and survival that are different enough to regular biology that it can potentially become the new fundamental pain/pleasure and therefore gaining the "right" of transcendence, of course you can also just have your cake and eat it too because we can make "copies" of past formations, bring them to our present self and then you know, modify yourself in any way you want.

There's too much to say, but feeling partially understood is enough for me.

Aversion.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 1/9/2023 at 10:58 PM, Leo Gura said:

God can dream up infinite degrees of Hell. That's no fairytale.

Don't forget that your ego would completely die very soon into that kind of consciousness, so it wouldn't be as bad as you might think. The thing in you that suffers is the ego. God proper doesn't have an ego so it doesn't suffer like a human does. God might enjoy a trip to Hell just for the interesting view.

God is death. Once you completely surrender, you are invicible. But that surrender will kill you. Once you are truly dead, you can explore endless consciousness without a care in the world. You can fly to Hell and take a dip n a sea of lava. A human cannot do this because it has a form to maintain. God proper has no form, so no problem. Once you lose your form completely, you are free and nothing can harm you, because you are already dead.

No space, no time, nothing but you/this/here/now