Mormegil

What happens after death?

74 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You are dreaming that brain surgeon.

Sorry, but that's the level you gotta take this to, to realize that death is imaginary.

As long as you think that other people are dying, you're not getting it.

Death is a pernicious bitch of an illusion to crack. Illusions do not get any trickier. If you can crack the illusion of death you are one intelligent motherfucker.

I realized a possible explanation for this..please let me know if I'm understanding you correctly

..if all you have is the present moment..and the future is something you are imagining by definition..and since death exists only in the future..therefore death is imaginary.  You can indeed see people die in your life.  But everyone can die except you. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

23 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I realized a possible explanation for this..please let me know if I'm understanding you correctly

..if all you have is the present moment..and the future is something you are imagining by definition..and since death exists only in the future..therefore death is imaginary.  You can indeed see people die in your life.  But everyone can die except you. 

On the absolute this is correct of course. The real You cannot die and time does not exist. However your body does get older and will eventually stop working.

1 hour ago, Alex_R said:

I feel like you are conerned a bit about the physical body / sensations, try to learn how to Lucid Dream, you will have a direct experience of the mind imagining hard material stuff outside the real world.

Maybe :D it's just really hard to imagine what it's like to be conscious while your body is gone. I thought maybe someone who has experienced death (on psychedelics or whatever) has some clear description how that will be like, but I guess it's not really possible to articulate that state and must be experienced.

36 minutes ago, Someone here said:

No!

It's much more radical than that.

If you realize that the past and future are imaginary, then that literally means you have never seen anyone die.

It's not merely that you cannot die, it's that no one has ever died!

When you realize this, HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!! O.o

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No!

If you realize that the past and future are imaginary, then that literally means you have never seen anyone die.

Yes if the past and future are imaginary then nobody ever died.  But not just that ..NOTHING EVER HAPPENED.  Not just death. Even life doesn't happen.  Because the present moment is also fluctuating like an illusion.

Beyond the thoughts in my mind, I can't know either really exist.

Its as if you woke up this morning for the first time alive in a human body. You’ve never been to planet earth before. But here you are, alive, in an actual body made of matter, on the physical plane of existence. This leaves the present moment completely unexplainable.  And that doesn't feel good . I don't want my little illusions shattered :)

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

21 minutes ago, Mormegil said:

. However your body does get older and will eventually stop working.

How do you ? The universe might just be sucked into a supermassive black hole and disappear forever next moment! 

-Osho

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No!

I think I'm realizing which mistake I keep making :D It's not to realise that the existence (and death) of the body is an entire fantasy on its own and thus any sensation or experience one makes is entirely independent of the body. If consciousness decides to keep dreaming after the body is gone, it is able to do that, since it can dream up whatever it wants.

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

This leaves the present moment completely unexplainable.

EXACTLY!

To Awaken is to realize that Consciousness has absolutely no context. This insight is absolutely crucial.

41 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No!

That is true but still things seem to happen. what you say is the same as saying: you will never drive a car, no one ever has. Well, yes, but apparently you will, and it will be a certain way, and you apparently will get from one place to another. the same with death

Edited by Breakingthewall

What kind of container would be enough to contain everything, including itself, self-contained infinitely in itself.

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

EXACTLY!

To Awaken is to realize that Consciousness has absolutely no context. This insight is absolutely crucial.

Yes .I always wondered as a kid and even asked my parents and my physics teachers ..

if the universe exists in space ,where does space exist ?

I know the answer is literally NOWHERE. 

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yes .I always wondered as a kid and even asked my parents and my physics teachers ..

if the universe exists in space ,where does space exist ?

I know the answer is literally NOWHERE. 

Yeah almost

It's just that nowhere is synonymous to everywhere.

There is no space and there is no universe existing in space either.

4 minutes ago, IDressMyDog said:

Yeah almost

It's just that nowhere is synonymous to everywhere.

There is no space and there is no universe existing in space either.

Well..I think the universe exists .just without any context to it .

What is outside the discovered universe?

I think there can be infinite possibilities, I will tell you few of them:

1). There can be nothing literally nothing ( this is a weird one)

2). There can be infinity Of multiverse and beyond it more and more multiverse.

3). We could be just living inside a persons dream and there could another world out there, as that person has the ability to think that much only( the observable universe) and there might be many people like us.

4). We might be living inside a atom and that atom would be inside a more advanced species. And inside our atom too there might be a universe. So this is like a cycle of universe a never ending cycle.

The possibilities are literally endless and the whole matter is rather absurd .it requires awakening. Its impossible to grasp via the finite mind .

-Osho

46 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

That is true but still things seem to happen. what you say is the same as saying: you will never drive a car, no one ever has. Well, yes, but apparently you will, and it will be a certain way, and you apparently will get from one place to another. the same with death

You cannot answer the question of death at the relative level.

You're basically saying, "I want to know the truth behind death, but I also want to keep dreaming."

Well, death is too profound for you to keep your human ideas and also understand it. If you want to talk about the relative level of cars and dogs, then you will never understand death. So good luck with that.

You have to be intelligent enough to rise to the level of God, rather than demanding that God lower itself to the level of you.

The reason you don't know what death is, is because you don't want to do the work necessary to find out.

Edited by Leo Gura

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You're basically saying, "I want to know the truth behind death, but I also want to dreaming."

Well, death is too profound for you to keep your human ideas and also understand it. If you want to talk about the relative level of cars and dogs, then you will never understand death. So good luck with that.

You have to be intelligent enough to rise to the level of God, rather than demanding that God lower itself to the level of you.

The reason you don't know what death is, is because you don't want to do the work necessary to find out.

But relative things do die, thoughts sensations site soudns are dieing every moment, same with bodily cells. You are switching context to suit your intellectual posturing. The physical body will die. What form conciousness takes in the next moment, do you know? cos thats what the OP is essentilly asking, you can simpy respond in good faith

Edited by bambi

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You're basically saying, "I want to know the truth behind death, but I also want to dreaming."

death can be something relative. a step from one relative state to another. Saying: death never happens is the same as saying: nothing ever happens. it is mixing the relative with the absolute. everything is being imagined at this moment, life, psychedelics, driving, everything.  death will also be imagined, perhaps reincarnation or expansion to the cosmic mind, or whatever. The question is: what will be imagined?

Edited by Breakingthewall

I had a lucid dream today. As usual in a place I don't have a fucking ideia with people I never saw in my daily life. Feels like diving inside another life for the duration of the dream. In this one was a sort of african house with some african women looking to me and I was like "Wtf, here we go again" and from that point I did the usual walking around exploring that instantion. How not to love this shit?

15 minutes ago, bambi said:

The physical body will die.

Only in your dreams.

I told you, you will not understand death from your level.

I am talking to people who are serious about understanding it.

Edited by Leo Gura

7 hours ago, tuku747 said:

The body dies, but the mind persists in death. This is because the mind is fundamental to the nature of Reality.
Yes, the brain distorts the contents of consciousness but it is not necessarily the source of the Light.
The Source is transcendentally, You.

In fact, when the body dies, the mind expands, no longer obfuscated by the reducing valve that is the brain, the Light that is Your Consciousness is expanding in a sphere at the speed of Light. A copy of all your memories remains as the expanding Light sphere that left Your skull when the neurons were firing. As you expand, you catch up with older memories and undergo what's known as a life review, where You relive your life with full knowledge of the emotions of other-selves whom You've interacted with, knowing fully now that You are also them. As You expand farther and farther, You become aware of the consciousness of the entire planet, the whole solar system, even the entire galaxy, and ascend higher and higher back to the higher mind that is known as the cosmic web. This is Your REAL mind, even now, and You think Your thoughts with the starlight of all known stars in the observable Universe. The Ra Material calls this "Ascending up the steps of Light" where you gain greater and greater awareness until the Light is simply too much for You to continue expanding, at which point You begin planning your next incarnation.

For example, this is a possibility. Fits with what appears to be relative existence. This doesn't mean it's real of course.

39 minutes ago, bambi said:

same with bodily cells. You are switching context to suit your intellectual posturing. The physical body will die.

There are some people who their bodies don't decompose after death they all have one thing in common which is they were doing spiritual work I want to know why is that how that works if anyone here knows about this?