Mormegil

What happens after death?

74 posts in this topic

I unserstand that death is an illusion, just as the idea of self is, or that I am born. Still I can't make sense of what does the mind perceive once the physical body died. What experiences are left then? After all the entire dream of life is happening within the infinite field of mind / consciousnoss. Mind / consciousness is not bound or depended on the body. So does this dream then simply end or does it continue, perciving something else? If so, what?

Sadly I haven't become directly conscious of those things, which is why I'm posting my questions here. Is it even possible to articulate an answer to this?

Please enlighten me :D

Edited by Mormegil

Nothing happens after death that would feel unnatural, if that helps.

we are literally God's name, continuously pronouncing.

1 minute ago, vishnusavestheday said:

Nothing happens after death that would feel unnatural, if that helps.

I guess "Nothing" can really answer any spiritual question :D

@Mormegil  I think that the actual content of what happens after death cant be known until you yourself die.

But I do have something to add:

If I die my experience of this body will end. 

What I'm sure of is that next, there comes another experience.

Why is that so?

Lets say I died. All of my experience ended. From my subjective point of view

it will be as if all of reality has stopped existing forever.

But note there already was an experience before (namely my life) and so,

there is the possibility of experience.

For that reason there is the possibility of experience happening again (for me).

Even if billions of years will pass without experience at some point there must be a new experience as it is a possibility.

Given infinite time there must come a new experience if that is a possibility.

But for me it will look like I died and instantly new experience comes(since billions of years without experience are as if they did not pass for me) . 

This thought I got from listening to Alan Watts.

Have a nice day!

Daniel.

The body dies, but the mind persists in death. This is because the mind is fundamental to the nature of Reality.
Yes, the brain distorts the contents of consciousness but it is not necessarily the source of the Light.
The Source is transcendentally, You.

In fact, when the body dies, the mind expands, no longer obfuscated by the reducing valve that is the brain, the Light that is Your Consciousness is expanding in a sphere at the speed of Light. A copy of all your memories remains as the expanding Light sphere that left Your skull when the neurons were firing. As you expand, you catch up with older memories and undergo what's known as a life review, where You relive your life with full knowledge of the emotions of other-selves whom You've interacted with, knowing fully now that You are also them. As You expand farther and farther, You become aware of the consciousness of the entire planet, the whole solar system, even the entire galaxy, and ascend higher and higher back to the higher mind that is known as the cosmic web. This is Your REAL mind, even now, and You think Your thoughts with the starlight of all known stars in the observable Universe. The Ra Material calls this "Ascending up the steps of Light" where you gain greater and greater awareness until the Light is simply too much for You to continue expanding, at which point You begin planning your next incarnation.

Edited by tuku747

anOItNV.jpg

Feels like I'm standing in a timeless dream
Of light mists, of pale amber rose
Feels like I'm lost in a deep cloud of heavenly scent
Touching, discovering you

Those days of warm rains come rushing back to me
Miles of windless summer nights
Secret moments shared within the heat of the afternoon
Out of the stillness, soft spoken words

Say it, say it again
I love you always forever
Near or far, closer together
Everywhere I will be with you
Everything I will do for you

You've got
The most unbelievable blue eyes I've ever seen
You've got
Me almost melting away

As we lay there
Under a blue sky with pure white stars
Exotic sweetness
A magical time

Say you'll love and love me forever
Never stop, never whatever
Near and far and always everywhere and everything

I love you always forever
Near or far, closer together

zXKMI6Z.png

• Go within, look into everything that is holding you back, making you lack self and other love, into anything that is preventing you from having compassion and mercy for Other.  Anything that comes up, look into it from above - no judgement into yourself - just write it down from as many angles as you can. 
  • Look into your fears.  Make it known to the universe that you are reading and willing to understand.
  • When the genuine fear of death arrives, don't put a mental layer over it.  Feel into those sensations in your body - bring your awareness up, and in the present moment offer Love, appreciation and gratitude - use music and beautiful images if you need to, to remind you of how stunning reality can be.  Literally send your gratitude while you are going through the fear of death - send it out and meet God in the middle. 
  • Practice this and in time God will give you the answers personally tailored to your own path.  It can't be explained through words and there is a lot of nuance that blossoms from that first encounter.  You will know it when you feel it - an illumination in all things around you, it will tell you exactly what it is and there will be Love, Truth - like wiping the grime off a dirty window and seeing for the first time.

aesthetic-hands.gif

This all may be true, but remember that limited consciousness is just worrying about unknown experiences--more specifically how awkward and how unprepared we are the future.

We really don't need to know "what" happens. We just want the feeling of safety. And I can promise you that our entire being has always been prepared to be what it always is. 

we are literally God's name, continuously pronouncing.

Your question is inapplicable at the level of Absolute Consciousness.

You are trying to apply relative notions to an absolute domain.

The answer is to Awaken, not to keep dreaming up your questions.

I've been so Awake that the idea of death cannot even arise.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Simple we don't know. And you'll maybe know someday or never. You don't need to know now is the only thing that truly matter. Start living before asking what isn't

Edited by A_v_E

15 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

What happens after a shit?

the difference between taking a shit and the physical death of the body is that, after shitting the body still continues to exist (at least for a while). Since consciousness mainly percieves the experiences of the physical body, what is left for consciousness to percieve once this body is gone.

1 hour ago, vishnusavestheday said:

We just want the feeling of safety. And I can promise you that our entire being has always been prepared to be what it always is. 

I'm at the moment at least asking more of a place of curiousity and the urge to understand this, since intellectually you can only understand the true nature of Consciousness so far.. but you might be right, that deep down, it is just fear and the urge for safety that drives those questions :) time to let go, I guess.

1 hour ago, A_v_E said:

Start living before asking what isn't

Good point.

2 minutes ago, Mormegil said:

the difference between taking a shit and the physical death of the body is that, after shitting the body still continues to exist (at least for a while). Since consciousness mainly percieves the experiences of the physical body, what is left for consciousness to percieve once this body is gone.

God continues to exist, your don't.

In Tate we trust

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I've been so Awake that the idea of death cannot even arise.

Then I know what to focus on more now :) At some point so many questions arise, once you kinda understand all those concepts at the intellectual level.

46 minutes ago, Mormegil said:

Then I know what to focus on more now :) At some point so many questions arise, once you kinda understand all those concepts at the intellectual level.

That's why psychedelics are good, they help answer all the questions so you can be free to just sit without questions.

5 hours ago, Mormegil said:

I unserstand that death is an illusion, just as the idea of self is, or that I am born. Still I can't make sense of what does the mind perceive once the physical body died. What experiences are left then? After all the entire dream of life is happening within the infinite field of mind / consciousnoss. Mind / consciousness is not bound or depended on the body. So does this dream then simply end or does it continue, perciving something else? If so, what?

Sadly I haven't become directly conscious of those things, which is why I'm posting my questions here. Is it even possible to articulate an answer to this?

Please enlighten me :D

The dream It will continue if you imagine it, you will go to hell if you imagine it, you will become infinite love if you imagine it, and you will reincarnate if you imagine it.

When you die you will feel like you are going to some place, that place, it is inside your Mind, what you need to know is that your Mind is infinite, that infinite Mind is You and therefore you can do / become anything you want.

I feel like you are conerned a bit about the physical body / sensations, try to learn how to Lucid Dream, you will have a direct experience of the mind imagining hard material stuff outside the real world.

44 minutes ago, Alex_R said:

You are dreaming that brain surgeon.

Sorry, but that's the level you gotta take this to, to realize that death is imaginary.

As long as you think that other people are dying, you're not getting it.

Death is a pernicious bitch of an illusion to crack. Illusions do not get any trickier. If you can crack the illusion of death you are one intelligent motherfucker.

Edited by Leo Gura