Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
no_name

First blue meanies trip

5 posts in this topic

So I am planning my first trip tomorrow.

I don’t have much time to prepare so I just wanted to ask a few brief questions. 

1. Do I just steep it like a tea bag? For how long? Is 1 mushroom enough?

2. How long is the trip going to last? 

3. When is the best time to do it? Morning, noon, evening? I am a night owl so I prefer to do it around 8-9 in the evening and go to sleep around 2 am. Would that be ok?

4. Should I be fasting beforehand? How many hours? 

Also, weird question - assume I have a presentation coming in soon, and I have a fear of public speaking, is there any way I could use this trip to release this fear? Do I need to think about it before hand? Is there a way to direct the trip in the direction I want it to be directed? 

Edited by no_name

I'll let others chime in but I typically steep overnight. Just grind up the mushrooms and throw it in BOILING hot water. Squeeze a half a lemon in the mixture. Strain the mushrooms the next day and drink. If this is your first trip I'd stick to a gram, maybe a gram and a half. You can always up it on your next trip. 

1 hour ago, no_name said:

So I am planning my first trip tomorrow.

I don’t have much time to prepare so I just wanted to ask a few brief questions. 

1. Do I just steep it like a tea bag? For how long? Is 1 mushroom enough?

2. How long is the trip going to last? 

3. When is the best time to do it? Morning, noon, evening? I am a night owl so I prefer to do it around 8-9 in the evening and go to sleep around 2 am. Would that be ok?

4. Should I be fasting beforehand? How many hours? 

Also, weird question - assume I have a presentation coming in soon, and I have a fear of public speaking, is there any way I could use this trip to release this fear? Do I need to think about it before hand? Is there a way to direct the trip in the direction I want it to be directed? 

I've done shrooms more than 50 times so let me answer your questions:

1. You can either eat them or make some tea. If you plan to make tea you need a thermos. Grind the shrooms and leave them for at least 30 minutes in the thermos. You might not like the taste so you can try them with some dark chocolate (just a little bit). 

2. A trip on shrooms usually lasts 5 - 8 hours 

3. Since you're doing them for the first time I recommend you do it in the morning and in the safe environment. You can also put some background relaxing music.  

4. Do not eat anything at least 4 hours before drinking tea or eating shrooms. 

About the fear. Do not expect shrooms to magically heal you from it. They can introduce you with a reason behind the fear but  it won't help you to deal with it in your default state of consciousness. 

You can make a list of questions before tripping in order to get the answers (but it's not guaranteed that you will get them) 

About the dosage. 1 gram is not going to be enough. Better do 1.5 - 2 grams. 

Edited by Vlad_

@Vlad_  @mrPixel Thank you for the response.

Ugh I don’t have a grinder. Does it need to be grinded in a coffee grinder? 

I have a smoothie blender and a small onion chopper so maybe I could somehow make it work with these tools?

I’ve heard some people add in ginger in the mix. So can I just blend it with ginger and lemon right away in my smoothie blender?

I am assuming a glass size of water is enough too.

Edited by no_name

Don’t need coffee grinder. Just cut them into small pieces. Strain the tea out before drinking, don’t drink the mushroom bits. 

lemon makes it stronger but last shorter, not necessary for first trip.

before your trip, you may want to contemplate or read about the metaphysics of God. What Good is, how you are God and how God manifest as reality. Then you can see this on the trip.

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com