Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SQAAD

Do You Need To Taper Off Benzos If Only Taken for a Month?

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I have been taking benzos (mostly diazepam) for the last 3 weeks. 

I have not abused the medication. I take it temporarily for a condition that i face.

Anyways.. now i am preparing to quit taking diazepam completely. Is it ok to stop taking the medication cold turkey or should i taper off?

Today i felt a "weird" sensation in my heart but i don't know if it is related to diazepam or not, and now i am kinda in a fearful state..

I do not feel any signs of withdrawal or a serious physical need for the drug. Keep in mind , that i have not abused the substance these last 3 weeks that i am taking it.

Edited by SQAAD

Please consult the professional who prescribed them to you. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@SQAAD  Yes, withdrawal can develop after a few weeks already. Dont go cold turkey. My guess you didnt get it from a doc so you cant go to a doc to ask lol

Diazepam withrawal symptoms:
Psychiatric Irritability, anxiety, depressed mood sleep disorders Benzodiazepine withdrawal delirium including: disturbances of consciousness Psychoses with visual and auditory hallucinations mnestic disorders cerebral seizures neurological dizziness tremor Motor restlessness Vegetative hypertension, tachycardia Sweat Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite headache

NOT MEDICAL ADVICE, CONSULT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

@flowboy

On 21/1/2023 at 7:45 PM, flowboy said:

That’s a doctor question.

Yeah... The doctor told me i can go either way.

@SQAAD  What is your condition? (You do not have to answer if you do not want to) 

I would suggest to stop the medication cold turkey if you can and if you don’t feel you can, then take a few when you need them with the objective of progressively stoping them