StarStruck

annoyed about being annoyed

17 posts in this topic

My grandmother gives shit tones of money to poor people and charity. She is a religious women and my heart says "it is good that does that", but my head says "fuck those scoundrelous dogs and perfidious rabble". I rather have her give me that money so I can use it for self-actualizing but I feel bad about it. How does I fix this split? It starting to annoy me. ?

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

1. Inhale

2. Acknowledge the feeling

3. Accept the feeling

4. Exhale

5. Repeat

14 hours ago, StarStruck said:

My grandmother gives shit tones of money to poor people and charity. She is a religious women and my heart says "it is good that does that", but my head says "fuck those scoundrelous dogs and perfidious rabble". I rather have her give me that money so I can use it for self-actualizing but I feel bad about it. How does I fix this split? It starting to annoy me. ?

Seems like a nice thing to be able to be annoyed about.

It would suck if you were annoyed about not having any food to put on the table. ?

@StarStruck stop judging things that are unfolding unconsciously as personal/I/self/mine/me. that's just old karma playing out. you actually practice that though by letting it arise and fall away without reacting. we call this meditation my friend.

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

@StarStruck I relate to this sort of split heavily lmao

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

20 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Stop being so goddam selfish. That's the whole point of spiritual practice . To love others as much as you love yourself. In fact the more you expand your consciousness and expand your identity to include every human  being and every creature etc..then you feel happy about charity. 

In fact ,nothing gives me more happiness than feeding a hungry kitten or stuff from this ilk.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Stop being so goddam selfish. That's the whole point of spiritual practice . To love others as much as you love yourself. In fact the more you expand your consciousness and expand your identity to include every human  being and every creature etc..then you feel happy about charity. 

In fact ,nothing gives me more happiness than feeding a hungry kitten or stuff from this ilk.

Greatest investment one can make is an investment in oneself. 

Doing charity is bonus points. 

In Tate we trust

Your grandmother's money is shit that will make you shit, and your grandmother do well giving it to the homeless.  money is earned. If you ask a guy in a bar for a coffee and the guy moves, does it and takes it to you, you give him in exchange something that you have earned by moving to help another person, not because your grandmother gave it to you. Well, that in the case that you want be an adult that treats the other humans at you same level.

35 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Greatest investment one can make is an investment in oneself. 

Doing charity is bonus points. 

But when you realize that "others " are yourself..then charity becomes mandatory. 

If you thought about people as other versions of you in a different timeline..how would that change your attitude towards them ?

-Osho

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

But when you realize that "others " are yourself..then charity becomes mandatory. 

If you thought about people as other versions of you in a different timeline..how would that change your attitude towards them ?

I know what you mean, but I'm just doing my best, man. As long as in the 3d world I'm just a human, not a God. I can't defy physics and human nature.

If I was god what would I do? God is already everything and does everything it wants. That is the whole point of god: doing everything it wants.

In Tate we trust

18 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

If I was god what would I do? God is already everything and does everything it wants. That is the whole point of god: doing everything it wants.

It got nothing to do with "god ". Fuck god.

I'm saying it is for your own benefit.  Maybe you are not ready yet to taste the pleasure of being generous and helpful to others . Imagine the kind of love that a mother has for her children..she is ready to die from hunger to feed her kids . And this is the case with all of the animal's Kingdom.  Not just humans . Trust me ..when you treat others as you treat yourself you will attract good karma .you don't have to believe in reincarnation or any kind of spiritual BS. You know something is good when it feels good .you know something is right when it feels right . How does it feel if you give charity to poor people ?

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

It got nothing to do with "god ". Fuck god.

I'm saying it is for your own benefit.  Maybe you are not ready yet to taste the pleasure of being generous and helpful to others . Imagine the kind of love that a mother has for her children..she is ready to die from hunger to feed her kids . And this is the case with all of the animal's Kingdom.  Not just humans . Trust me ..when you treat others as you treat yourself you will attract good karma .you don't have to believe in reincarnation or any kind of spiritual BS. You know something is good when it feels good .you know something is right when it feels right . How does it feel if you give charity to poor people ?

Sometimes I give some spare money to homeless people. It feels ok doing so but it doesn't feel as good as being selfish. Nowhere near.

In Tate we trust

qp9WH26.gif

Just keep going with it, keep working on your practice and eventually an experience will hit that will give you the answer into why charity and being generous to those less fortunate is important.  I could tell you, but it won't do the raw experience justice.  Essentially, reality is like a water that imprints the various things you do in your life for good or bad - and when you get either to the end of that life, or if you have an awakening into this, the clay-like structure of it falls away and shows itself.  The more you give to others and show them empathy, mercy, compassion, in an authentic manner - this comes back to you either in this life or the next.  How you move forward spiritually hinges on doing these things, the more you do them, the more "secrets" are given to you.  You are creating everything, but to do so in a way where it changes outcomes in a way that you can see - in a way that goes down the line with some degree of importance - and makes a difference for yourself and humanity - this is given to "conscious creators".  Your senses literally extend into the outer environment and so instead of just building upon what the body and ego desires, you see that the outer world is your garden that is your duty to tend to as well.  You will then see karma working in real-time and it just grows, it gets better, you become more lucid, life gives to those who give back.  The do this, the Universe, the Earth, watches you and opens the gates accordingly.  "Ascension."  Rather than doing it inauthentically - try to simply open your mind to it and let it wake up within you.

Alright, it's only a pizza, fellas. C'mon! You mind sharing? Now, now, c'mon, don't fight! Alright, I'm gonna - I'm gonna tell you something about sharing!

What's mine is yours
What's yours is mine
The more you share, the more the sun'll shine!

Hey! Will you put that pizz- look! Stop it!
This is not right. You shouldn't be fighting!
Listen to Uncle Charlie!

Whether you're the boss
Or someone's pet
The more you give
The more you're gonna get!
You've got a little or a lot

That's it!
You've got to share 'cause you know what?
That's it! Hey, I'm proud of ya!
Each other's all that we have got
The sun'll shine, if you share all the time!

What's mine is yours
You've got a little or a lot!
What's yours is mine

The more you share
Each other's all that we have got!

The more the sun'll shine
The sun'll shine
If you share all the time!

Whether you're the boss
If you're a boss or just a pet
Or someone's pet
I will be glad to make a bet!

The more you give
The more you give, the more you get!
More than you had!
All your life!
All your life!

pCuREsx.png

@StarStruck

Look ,The most self-involved people don't know that they are self-involved, so the fact that you are asking the question is a sign of self awareness. This is an excellent start.

Next, step out of the life inside your head. What is happening to those closest to you? Do you know what they just went through, accomplished, were afraid of? Find out. When you talk to them, listen. Really listen. Don't start thinking about what you are going to say next or about what you are going to be doing later. Don't frame the conversation in a way that places you at the center of it.

Then, take this a concentric circle further. Are there people in your life you never think of that make your day better? The person who makes you coffee, who drives the bus that takes you into work or school, Say hello. Say thank you. Learn their names. What are their lives like, beyond that place where their existence overlaps with yours?

What about those whose lives never touch yours at all? People who live in a different context or situation? Can you learn more about them, open your eyes to their world, develop empathy? Can you get involved?

The more connected you are to others, the more connected you become to yourself. Everything on Earth holds something intimately revealing and is waiting for you to get closer to present itself to you. Everything out there is waiting for you. Because everything IS YOU.

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

21 hours ago, Loba said:

qp9WH26.gif

Just keep going with it, keep working on your practice and eventually an experience will hit that will give you the answer into why charity and being generous to those less fortunate is important.  I could tell you, but it won't do the raw experience justice.  Essentially, reality is like a water that imprints the various things you do in your life for good or bad - and when you get either to the end of that life, or if you have an awakening into this, the clay-like structure of it falls away and shows itself.  The more you give to others and show them empathy, mercy, compassion, in an authentic manner - this comes back to you either in this life or the next.  How you move forward spiritually hinges on doing these things, the more you do them, the more "secrets" are given to you.  You are creating everything, but to do so in a way where it changes outcomes in a way that you can see - in a way that goes down the line with some degree of importance - and makes a difference for yourself and humanity - this is given to "conscious creators".  Your senses literally extend into the outer environment and so instead of just building upon what the body and ego desires, you see that the outer world is your garden that is your duty to tend to as well.  You will then see karma working in real-time and it just grows, it gets better, you become more lucid, life gives to those who give back.  The do this, the Universe, the Earth, watches you and opens the gates accordingly.  "Ascension."  Rather than doing it inauthentically - try to simply open your mind to it and let it wake up within you.

Alright, it's only a pizza, fellas. C'mon! You mind sharing? Now, now, c'mon, don't fight! Alright, I'm gonna - I'm gonna tell you something about sharing!

What's mine is yours
What's yours is mine
The more you share, the more the sun'll shine!

Hey! Will you put that pizz- look! Stop it!
This is not right. You shouldn't be fighting!
Listen to Uncle Charlie!

Whether you're the boss
Or someone's pet
The more you give
You've got a little or a lot

That's it!
That's it! Hey, I'm proud of ya!
Each other's all that we have got
The sun'll shine, if you share all the time!

What's mine is yours
You've got a little or a lot!
What's yours is mine

The more you share
Each other's all that we have got!

The more the sun'll shine
The sun'll shine
If you share all the time!

Whether you're the boss
If you're a boss or just a pet
Or someone's pet
I will be glad to make a bet!

The more you give
The more you give, the more you get!
More than you had!
All your life!
All your life!

pCuREsx.png

Charity is a natural expression once you reach a certain state of abundance. 

Currently I feel like people are taking advantage of my niceness by disrespecting me and forgetting my appointment with me like my therapist did. 

I don’t need more niceness in my personality. I need to learn to set boundaries. I don’t want to become like one of those air heads on this forum who are hollow shells of their past self. I don’t think they really enjoy life. They just developed  a spiritual spiritual ego and they are just show offs. 

In Tate we trust

22 hours ago, Someone here said:

@StarStruck

Look ,The most self-involved people don't know that they are self-involved, so the fact that you are asking the question is a sign of self awareness. This is an excellent start.

Next, step out of the life inside your head. What is happening to those closest to you? Do you know what they just went through, accomplished, were afraid of? Find out. When you talk to them, listen. Really listen. Don't start thinking about what you are going to say next or about what you are going to be doing later. Don't frame the conversation in a way that places you at the center of it.

Then, take this a concentric circle further. Are there people in your life you never think of that make your day better? The person who makes you coffee, who drives the bus that takes you into work or school, Say hello. Say thank you. Learn their names. What are their lives like, beyond that place where their existence overlaps with yours?

What about those whose lives never touch yours at all? People who live in a different context or situation? Can you learn more about them, open your eyes to their world, develop empathy? Can you get involved?

The more connected you are to others, the more connected you become to yourself. Everything on Earth holds something intimately revealing and is waiting for you to get closer to present itself to you. Everything out there is waiting for you. Because everything IS YOU.

Being nice only caused people to take advantage of me and treat me like shit. I’m busy developing my personal borders and demanding respect  so being an air head and loving everybody is not really in store for me at this moment. ?

In Tate we trust