mmKay

Toxicity in YOUR lifestyle Giga-Thread

80 posts in this topic

Lately we've been discussing a lot of potential health dangers in common food. I'd like to start a thread where we get to compile all health hazards of our modern lifestyle in one place.

In October 2020 Leo personally pinky promised me ( true story) that in the future he will shoot a video about how to detoxify your entire lifestyle. We may as well get started here.

As not to turn this into a thread filled with bad news, fell free to simply mention better alternatives. Videos, articles and simple hearsay are all welcome for discusision.

Some ideas to get the ball rolling :

Tetra Bricks are lined with an aluminium coat on the inside that can leech into your drinks, specially if it's something acidic like orange juice. Alternative : buy in glass when possible, or squeeze yourself.
Comercial Fruit juices from concentrates may contain heavy metals as they rely on fruit powders.

Chocolate filled with Heavy metals : https://www.actualized.org/insights/dark-chocolate-filled-with-lead-cadmium

Deodorands commonly contain Aluminium. --- Better alternative anyone? -- If i find myself in a pickle I just spray the deodorant on the inside of my shirt rather than on my armpits. 

Do not drink tap water. Probably contains Halogens and Heavy metals. Lets say that Tap water < Spring/well water < Plastic Bottled water < multiple stage reverse osmosis water ( will share link soon ) < Glass bottle water .

Some medicine can contain heavy metals, like eye drops.

Cookware may contain toxic elements, specially teflon pans if you scratch them, or cheap stainless steel may be laced with Nickel. Go for high quality stainless steel or coockware.

Toothpaste has Fluoride ( I don't know exactly about the health impact ). You can make your own toothpaste with peppermint and clove essential oils . I'm sure we can come up with plenty more oral health techniques.

You see the point.

Edited by mmKay
Added joke

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

Eliminate plastic dishes, utensiles, cups.

Replace aluminum baking pans with steel.

Don't use aluminum foil for cooking.

Don't microwave food in plastic.

Be careful with chemical cleaners, sprays, weed-killer, bug spray, etc.

Be careful with makeup, lots of heavy metals there.

Be careful with certain spices, lots of heavy metals.

Be careful with any powdered foods.

Be careful with baby food.

Be careful with pet food.

Be careful with talc powder.

Be careful with fast food wrappers and containers.

Be careful handling receipts, they are covered in toxins.

Be careful with sunscreen, full of toxins.

Be careful with non-MRNA vaccines, may contain mercury.

Be careful with seafood, especially anything you fish out of a lake yourself.

Be careful with gasoline fumes, smog, exhaust, pollution. Never live within a mile of a major highway.

Never buy flourescent light bulbs, they are extremely toxic.

Never get any metal into your mouth at the dentist. Do not get any metal crowns, all-ceramic only. No metal filings.

Never accept routine flouride treatments at the dentist.

Be careful with birth control pills and devices.

Upgrade all your soaps, cleaners, and detergents to all-natural ones.

Upgrade your shampoo and bodywash.

Avoid food coloring.

Avoid artificial sweetners like Splenda and aspartame.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

get an eco-cautious girlfriend :D - you can't imagine how much difference that makes once a girl is committed to this stuff. 

vent your kitchen well when burning gas for cooking 

own a HEPA filter or other if you live in a mouldy house or in an area with high level of street pollution 

own a dehumidifier if you live in an area prone to mould formation

regularly check your home for mould contamination especially if you live in area prone to it (UK, Northern Europe, certain US countries) 

I would push back on fluoride free toothpaste, they have very powerful protective effect for people who are not consistent with dental care and don't floss. I would still use fluoride containing just don't swallow it. The tiny amount of ingested fluoride is the lower risk when it comes to prevention of periodontal disease 

wear a mask, glasses and gloves when bleaching 

by your own glass coffee cup if you buy coffee outdoors 

replace plastic food containers with glass 

surround yourself with house plants - as many as you can possibly tolerate 

14 minutes ago, mmKay said:

Deodorands commonly contain Aluminium. --- Better alternative anyone?

plenty of alu-free products. Check the market. A brand called Wild in UK is great and the product really works. https://www.wearewild.com/

Use Eco Egg combined with 5-15 drops of essential oils to replace detergents and chemicals in washing machine 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Marry a Christmas tree ;)

Edited by Leo Gura

Obviously avoid smoking / second hand smoking. Try nicotine patches (?) or look for the proven methods on how to quit smoking. Hookah has tobacco as well. 

Apparently cadmium is added to tobacco for it to burn slower, besides dozens of other toxic chemicals. 

There have been reported deaths of people dying because of vaping in less than 10 years.

Edited by mmKay

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

get an eco-cautious girlfriend :D - you can't imagine how much difference that makes once a girl is committed to this stuff. 

I see you found the 80-20 of the equation here ?

Vaping is definitely horrible for you. Do not vape! You are vaporizing heavy metals directly into your brain.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Upgrade your shampoo and bodywash.

Like Dr. Bronner's??

@Leo Gura I am drinking alot soda with aspartame, would it just be better to drink regular? 

50 minutes ago, Kshantivadin said:

Hot take (Leo will roll his eyes :P): ejaculating as a man :x

WTF?

You should be banned for this trash.

56 minutes ago, Kshantivadin said:

Hot take (Leo will roll his eyes :P): ejaculating as a man :x

99% of human beings will rightfully roll their eyes lmao

Are you coming at this from the perspective that ejaculating is 'losing the energy it takes to produce the semen' as a man?

Avoid Windows

Use Linux.

:P 

Edited by UnbornTao

Tatoo ink full of heavy metals

I guess that if you wanna try out a tatoo you may try non - permanent tatoos. Get stickers or have it painted on top of your skin by a pro with non toxic ink. Check out Henna. It also contains toxic chemical but at least they're not injected into your skin. 

Edited by mmKay

Did you know Botox is THE strongest poison IN THE WORLD? The biggest example of "the dose makes the poison"

( most toxic just second to Tik-Tok actually) 

Better alternative

Alternative 2 : Learn about self esteem & self- image work. 

Im not exactly in the upper class to be aware of more alternatives ?

Edited by mmKay

Have you ever thought about how your clothes / bedsheets could be actually toxic? You may be totally fine for your entire life wearing 5 € shirts. Or perhaps you've just found the source of your mysterious chronic skin rashes. Everyone is different. 

Your skin is your largest organ. 

Fabrics to avoid and better alternatives

Edited by mmKay

Careful with coated knifes and utensils. I just had a look at my drawer and I've seen at least 3 with chipped paint ( or whatever that is) Also look our for Teflon coated rice cookers. Non-stick = no-no. 

Cooking eggs without sticking to the stainless steel pan

Also rice is apparently high in Arsenic and soaking / washing reduces it's ammount

Edited by mmKay

I wanted to mention that skin lotion / moisturizers can contain chemicals and your skin is like a sponge that absorbs everything, but its worth to mention how bad the ingredients of make up can be:

-----

Wear a mask when working doing woodwork. Sawdust or other small Airborne particles can stay with you a long time and cause issues ( to be specified) . 

That brings me to the time I almost died when I was 3 years old. I breathed in a lot of concrete dust while we were remodeling our kitchen. I got a terrible lung condition that was treated with a horse dose of penicillin that left me with skin marks till today. 

Cement dust is a coctail of heavy metals

----------

If you are a handy craftman or you work in a workshop of some kind: careful with welding fumes. You dont want to develop Welder's Lung ( from breathing in iron fumes) . 

Circular saw disc dust may be toxic.

If you paint or work with glue / solvents, invest in an adequate mask and ventilate the area. 

----

For 'Muricans : be aware of lead or leaded  ammunition. You will breathe a lot of fumes if you frequently visit the shooting range. 

----

Old buildings may be painted with lead paint ( and have lead pipes) . Kids love to eat the chipped paint pieces as they taste sweet. Also the dust is a concern. If the paint looks like reptile skin and wrinkles, its leaded. 

----

We dont really know how  dangerous radiation is but I'd keep your phone away from your crotch.  Perhaps someone could invent some material that isolates your phone when its in your pocket. How you'd still get service is a question to solve as the inventor ?

---

Be mindful of spending long time in a heavy chlorinated pool. It may give you alergic reactions and potentially screw with your hormones. 

Conspire with with friends to pee extensively inside the pool to save your citizens from the chlorine ( jk, but would be a cool batman spin-off) 

If you own an RV and have a second battery for your electronics, make sure its not a lead-acid battery as it produces toxic fumes. Rather go for AGM or lithium as they are sealed and are safe for indoor use. 

-----

Restaurants use tap water to cook your fancy pasta/rice/potatoes. Same goes for pizza or any baked goods you buy.

T A P water

Cook your own food as much as possible. I need to do research into activated charcoal as ive heard that it potentially could be used to soak toxins from your current meal. It would be a great crutch. 

---

If you're goint to drink from plastic bottles keep them the hekk away from sunlight and heat. I know a guy that worked in a supermarket warehouse and told me the pallets are left in the sun for hours as workers do other stuff before bringing them inside. 

---

Replace your AC filters every half a year ( depending on use). Use the best you can afford. 

You may also invest in one / multiple air purifiers, specially if you live close to a road. Look for True Hepa air filter ( for the dust) + activated carbon pellet filter ( for gases) . Not sure about the actual effectiveness. 

Guide on what is or isn't important on air filter

---

Dont spray toxic mosquito repellent on your skin or into the air. Dont let them in in the first place with mosquito nets around your windos or do your own mosquito repelent spray with lemmongrass oil, lavender oil and peppermint oil

---

Avoid drinking bone broth as lead mimics calcium and is stored in the bones. 

--- many nuts may contain mold because of storing conditions. Raw Linseed contains cyanide that gets released if you grind them ( i was doing raw linseed bread. I loved it. My throat started  getting swolled AF. 

---

Peanuts= Glyphosate + mold?

Edited by mmKay

Fluorescent light bulbs and blue light give me ocular migraines; its awful.

I think fluoride toothpaste isn't bad, it helps to reinforce the strength of your teeth and prevent plague from forming, idk what the alterative would be.

Edited by AJBrew