halfknots

The Youtuber Started A Death Cult

130 posts in this topic

@Danioover9000

He is referring to the guy who made the video who didn't know Leo was talking about SD.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 20/01/2023 at 4:05 AM, Danioover9000 said:

@Thought Art

It could have been presented differently and a little bit more fair, done with more charity and good faith, maybe tried to steel man some of Leo's points. At least present in a more objeftive take, like a CNN reporter or something. But no, the video was a bit biased against Leo, being uncharitable and bad faith, painting Leo as cult leader running a death cult. At least he had the decency to not go hard with the triangle symbol and gave some benefit of the doubt.

The comment section reinforced my misanthropic view of humanity again. Can we all just stop behaving like aninals and slow down, and think a bit more actively and attentively?

If Turkey Tom wants to focus on merely the parts of Actualized.org that he's concerned about, I don't consider that unreasonable. 

@ZenAlex That’s not really what he did. He twisted things to fit his frame. Then at the end was like “Yeah, it’s not really a cult and people seem to leave mostly positive comments and the forum is very active” like what?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I just checked back and suddenly Turkey Tom's not calling it a death cult anymore lol

Screenshot_20230315_150750_YouTube.jpg

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

2 hours ago, lostingenosmaze said:

I just checked back and suddenly Turkey Tom's not calling it a death cult anymore lol

Lol interesting

I'm glad he was able to self-reflect and at least take the death part out I guess

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

6 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Lol interesting

I'm glad he was able to self-reflect and at least take the death part out I guess

You think that is what happened? It's probably some ToS stuff.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

His video was at like 800k views with the word "death" in the title. So he already siphoned all the views his videos would normally get without any trouble. I don't see why he would make the change so late if it is ToS. If it is cause of ToS, I don't think the video would get taken down for using that word. At most, it might prevent the video getting promoted in the algorithm or something. There are long-standing videos with many views that use the word "death". 

Then again, it is odd that he would change the previous title. But, I think his video was much more charitable than the other Leo hit-pieces. I don't find it hard to imagine that he would do it. I think he also had some previous controversy regarding slandering people, so it makes sense that he would be cognizant of such things.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@Carl-Richard

18 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

You're right, I, as the good Samaritan I am, reported the video.

Edited by Danioover9000

@Osaid

1 minute ago, Osaid said:

His video was at like 800k views with the word "death" in the title. So he already siphoned all the views his videos would normally get without any trouble. I don't see why he would make the change so late if it is ToS. If it is cause of ToS, I don't think the video would get taken down for using that word. At most, it might prevent the video getting promoted in the algorithm or something. There are long-standing videos with many views that use the word "death". 

Then again, it is odd that he would change the previous title. But, I think his video was much more charitable than the other Leo hit-pieces. I don't find it hard to imagine that he would do it. I think he also had some previous controversy regarding slandering people, so it makes sense that he would be cognizant of such things.

You can thank me for that later.

@ZenAlex

On 2/1/2023 at 3:18 PM, ZenAlex said:

If Turkey Tom wants to focus on merely the parts of Actualized.org that he's concerned about, I don't consider that unreasonable. 

I don't like the person, but it's not nice name calling the person. Turkey Tom??? More like Tom and Jerry!?

Then again, in some of my rap posts, I do say whacky corny stuff all the time?