halfknots

The Youtuber Started A Death Cult

130 posts in this topic

@Socrates  Here's a definition of copywrite law:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjdsZOp1NT8AhWPbcAKHclkDfQQFnoECAsQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.investopedia.com%2Fterms%2Fc%2Fcopyright.asp&usg=AOvVaw29DOeuyCpnsspsJAF9HahP

and one explanation of copyright strikes and infringement:

So, technically the YouTuber that made the accusation of Leo running a death cult, isn't breaking copyright laws by doing so. He could potentially be making slanderous or defamatory statements of Leo Gura's character and Actualized.org, but state laws will vary when it comes to lawsuits of slander and defamation. For Leo Gura to make a lawsuit, he'll either have to file a lawsuit which requires him to know if slander and defamation charges are recognized in that guy's state and his state, then travel to that guy's state and pursue the trial at him, preferably with a prosecutor if able. Honestly, it already to me sounds like a lot of paper work over some potentially defamatory and drama seeking video, that seems to sound like a hit piece with mostly solid reporting of facts, albeit cherry picked to question Leo's moral character and integrity of Actualized.org but not enough to pursue liability charges for. So, the guy took a similar route like Coffeezilla, and mostly tries to report facts and situations, but cherry picked to make Leo Gura at least look like a bad cult leader, but again not enough for it to be fully slanderous.

So, @Socrates, where do we go from here? Is there another argument point you want to move onto? What is the best recourse of action for Leo Gura, or pretend you were him and some made a half and half hit piece about you that's kind of slanderous, what would you do?

27 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

Here's a pretty good video to explain copyright law:

That actually is a good example of what a justification looks like. It's tricky, this one should be easier to spot, but other examples that revolve around heinous crimes, and justifications from perpetrators guilty or innocent, and victims accusing them of such crimes, guilty or innocent, makes it far more trickier. 

The comments under this video are so sad lol. Are people really this stupid? The discrepancy between their perspective and mine feels surreal even. Or maybe I'm the brainwashed one?

7 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

Are people really this stupid?

Yes

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

7 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

The comments under this video are so sad lol. Are people really this stupid? The discrepancy between their perspective and mine feels surreal even. Or maybe I'm the brainwashed one?

A video where the creator uses Minecraft references makes you question your sanity? ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

5 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

A video where the creator uses Minecraft references makes you question your sanity? ?

I only skimmed through the video. It was shitty. The comments are what got me. :P

Edited by Sincerity

I don’t blame anyone for feeling scared. Leo, and all the stuff people fear of him are reasonable. We should all be wary of Guru’s and people teaching things of less trodden nature. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

I don’t blame anyone for feeling scared. Leo, and all the stuff people fear of him are reasonable. We should all be wary of Guru’s and people teaching things of less trodden nature. 

It could have been presented differently and a little bit more fair, done with more charity and good faith, maybe tried to steel man some of Leo's points. At least present in a more objeftive take, like a CNN reporter or something. But no, the video was a bit biased against Leo, being uncharitable and bad faith, painting Leo as cult leader running a death cult. At least he had the decency to not go hard with the triangle symbol and gave some benefit of the doubt.

The comment section reinforced my misanthropic view of humanity again. Can we all just stop behaving like aninals and slow down, and think a bit more actively and attentively?

@Sincerity

2 hours ago, Sincerity said:

Sadly, yes. Although I'd call it group think and band wagon mentality, and passive thinking, but it's mostly common. That and typical trolling, haters and critics of Leo naturally. Sometimes it's best to think I'm just a fan, maybe brainwashed by Leo Gura, better this than to realise that you are surrouned by that much evil, ignorance and myopia.

The problem is that Leo has little to none insight as to where suicidal ideation actually comes from, why, and what "death" or "life" is.

Not a death cult, just blind leading the blind.

A video about how spirituality is dangerous etc. is just more blind leadership.

Edited by roopepa

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

2 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Thought Art

It could have been presented differently and a little bit more fair, done with more charity and good faith, maybe tried to steel man some of Leo's points. At least present in a more objeftive take, like a CNN reporter or something. But no, the video was a bit biased against Leo, being uncharitable and bad faith, painting Leo as cult leader running a death cult. At least he had the decency to not go hard with the triangle symbol and gave some benefit of the doubt.

It was nothing original or different 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@roopepa

15 hours ago, roopepa said:

The problem is that Leo has little to none insight as to where suicidal ideation actually comes from, why, and what "death" or "life" is.

Not a death cult, just blind leading the blind.

A video about how spirituality is dangerous etc. is just more blind leadership.

Just no.

It still amazes me how long it takes people to develop… if you were truly conscious then you would see this as a positive no matter which perspective..

Leo it’s about time you talk about trauma and projections because people are stuck in survival trauma loops which could last a lifetime and it’s time they stop deceiving themselves because this shits getting outa hand… spirit is asking for help… because until you are conscious you are serving your ego in whatever selfish way it wants and spirits getting a little bit fed up with it…. 
If you are a fool you will get left where you decide to stop, if that’s because of fear then take action to get stronger.

How far can we push ego until every single mind can see the same thing?/?

On 1/18/2023 at 2:13 AM, Extreme Z7 said:

Turkey Tom. Very Popular "Drama" YouTuber.

Their entire schtik is just attracting audiences and viewers with the most toxic stories regardless of whether the stories they tell are even told in an accurate or unbiased manner.

Their the YouTuber equivalent of sleezy tabloid magazines.

Rule of thumb:
Avoid watching low-integrity sources of media.

Spot on.

Clear example of how destruction is easier and more convenient than creation.

53 minutes ago, Rinne said:

any real follower of actualize org sees thru this

Appeal to purity aka Scotsman fallacy.

I found the Leo's colour model on peoples mental states very entertaining. I just lost him after this comment. xD

21 minutes ago, Applegarden8 said:

I found the Leo's colour model on peoples mental states very entertaining. I just lost him after this comment. xD

??

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Applegarden8

1 hour ago, Applegarden8 said:

You are nearly as out of context as the wrestlers here:

Please don't misunderstand and misuse Spiral Dynamics, don't even talk about it.