halfknots

The Youtuber Started A Death Cult

130 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The only thing I care about achieving is God.

How would that look like? Do you at least have a realistic vision of this goal?

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Guys, be careful in jumping to my defense. It tends to backfire. Just let people criticize me as they wish. No defense is necessary.

True, I mean no defence! 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

24 minutes ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

Because God cannot be actualized?

Because survival is finite.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Leo Gura  Jesus, the video is mostly misinformation nd only gossip, potential slander and defamation. Don't worry Leo, I've reported the video and channel to the authorities. I may not be the Actualized.org moderator, but I'll at least do my part as the internet moderator.

Yeah, well he is basically repeating the gossip from videos that have been around for years. Nothing new or original. Same fears, same misunderstandings, same projections.

It’s just easy views at another’s expense, makes you not have to look at leo in a an objective lens or reflect on your own mental health problems and issues. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

3 hours ago, Thought Art said:

I just want to see a balanced critique… it’s gross to me when someone purposely creates a piece of content to shit in someone because they know that’s what gets them views. 

Give me a YouTube channel ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

33 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Because survival is finite.

This the grip hard to let go. Even to answer a forum thread one must survive as a self, as a "I am this" and not "that". I am answering some "other" mind "out there " 

Edited by Rafael Thundercat

The video is entertaining but not a valid critique, to say Leo has death cult is actually comical and I'm someone who has criticised Leo in some posts. It's funny because people have always criticised mainstream media for manipulating and creating narratives, but when normal people get to present information they can be so much worse. 

My criticisms would be an over emphasis on the need for psychedelics and the 'I'm the most enlightened one' kinda vibe. I could also make the argument that most of his audience just need foundational advice rather than focusing on becoming enlightened. That's not necessarily his fault how people consume his content but something he should be aware of. I think there is a reason people like Tolle and Spira don't go as deep as Leo and that's because they are probably of where their audience is and they meet them there. I do respect Leo for just putting out as advanced content as he can, there is definitely something to be said for that. 

Another issue that has come up recently with Tate as well, is that people, for the most part, are not able to just take information from teachers and leave the rest, I've found it's really all or nothing for a lot of people. You could make the argument that this is not the fault of the creator as long as they're not actively courting this undying loyalty. I would say Leo doesn't court it but it still happens, but people like Tate and Trump do actively court it, it's also interesting that Tate and Trump both got into reality tv and celebrity media before they really got their fans. 

I guess such videos can be a reminder that when people are expressing suicidal tendencies and they're justifying it using spiritual ideas, be very deliberate about how you're giving advice and focus on grounding them, don't use it as just another oppurtunity to mentally masturbate about non-duality.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard

14 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I guess such videos can be a reminder that when people are expressing suicidal tendencies and they're justifying it using spiritual ideas, be very deliberate about how you're giving advice and focus on grounding them, not use it as just another oppurtunity to mentally masturbate about non-duality.

It also swings the other way too, when that happens, people who hate Leo for his ideas would use that against him and disregard why the suicide actually happened, thinking Leo's the only full cause when there are other factors involved.

Leo also has given warnings and disclaimers, but that doesn't stop someone editing it out and make Leo appear reckless.

@Thought Art

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

Yeah, well he is basically repeating the gossip from videos that have been around for years. Nothing new or original. Same fears, same misunderstandings, same projections.

It’s just easy views at another’s expense, makes you not have to look at leo in a an objective lens or reflect on your own mental health problems and issues. 

Not just that, but this weaponization of tragic events being attached to a person and made as if they're the ones driving those events is reckless. People with some critical thinking and common sense will spot how biased you are, but most people are lazy minded and mostly go along with whatever is presented to them as 'facts', in a 'rational' and 'objective' manner, whilst skipping over that it's a gossip piece.

@Leo Gura

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol

The only thing I care about achieving is God.

I hope you are joking.

Guys, be careful in jumping to my defense. It tends to backfire. Just let people criticize me as they wish. No defense is necessary.

Of course I'm half joking, but I see some inconsistencies enough that it is defamatory and misinformation.

Hey that's not so bad! Remember what happened to Jesus? 

Sailing on the ceiling 

@Rigel

38 minutes ago, Rigel said:

Hey that's not so bad! Remember what happened to Jesus? 

Care enough to fill us in?

Whilst the video has 230k views, most people will watch it and forget about it in a few hours. People watching it aren't interested in this work, they're just looking for entertainment. And thats fine, I'm not judging them. It's just not a serious video because I know the creator and the viewers have no genuine interest in the subject. Let alone actual awakening or insight.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

3 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Thought Art

Not just that, but this weaponization of tragic events being attached to a person and made as if they're the ones driving those events is reckless. People with some critical thinking and common sense will spot how biased you are, but most people are lazy minded and mostly go along with whatever is presented to them as 'facts', in a 'rational' and 'objective' manner, whilst skipping over that it's a gossip piece.

Not to mentioned, don’t look for anyone who found his content improving their lives, focus on the two outliers. 

The guy with the life purpose course probably is PRO LIFE, in that he is a LIFE coach. 

Imagine someone who could have radically improved their lives with Leo’s work, but instead fell into addiction and killed themselves. This YouTuber would never be blamed. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Leo Gura Brother, although I have made/ recognised critiques on this thread. I think you are enormous force for love and consciousness in the world, and have brought a lot of value to the lives of many.

I wouldn't want you to lose sight of all the good that I see you to do.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

20 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I do that deliberately to weed out normies.

With that said, I have softened up over the years.

No, you have surely not. You used to be appear charismatic, joyous, innocent and sweet in your videos. Having good energy. I haven't watched your stuff for many years, only sometimes, once in a while, when wan't to see if it continues to become more uncomfortable, and damn it never disappoints. You completely lost the spark in your videos, seeming arrogant and just really...ew... that is without the speaking. Sorry to say that. 

You have a video called "Leo does mushrooms" ONLY 6 YEARS AGO!!! THAT IS NOTHING!! You used to talk about how to do it with caution (in the beginning of course) and max once a month. You afterwards have said you have had over 2-300 trips (probably more), and how much you do 5Meo i dont need to mention for anyone here. Do the math, THAT IS RIDICOUSLOUS. 

You are so ungrounded that you actually truly believe that you will morph into an alien on camera, and that you are a super crazy bunny or whatthefuck i don't even care. 

I am talking as someone who have been following silently for years, like probably more others than you expect.

Such uncomfortable this place, i hope for people who hasn't lost it completely to think twice about what they are doing here.

And Leo all the best for you, you are sadly putting out an example for a lot of us about the downside of psychedelics and i hope you get well.

Edited by Peelingthelayers

Compared to the other hit pieces that have been made, this video isn't too bad. Even though he completely misinterpreted Leo's teachings, I don't get the sense that he was being super malicious about it. He even had a disclaimer at the beginning telling people not to harass anyone.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Low voice tonal intelligence. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@Thought Art

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

Not to mentioned, don’t look for anyone who found his content improving their lives, focus on the two outliers. 

The guy with the life purpose course probably is PRO LIFE, in that he is a LIFE coach. 

Imagine someone who could have radically improved their lives with Leo’s work, but instead fell into addiction and killed themselves. This YouTuber would never be blamed. 

The complete irony here, is Leo Gura is PRO LIFE and a LIFE COACH, yet haters, trolls, critics and naysayers and Nancy are going to think he's leading a death cult and encourage people to kill other people and themselves. I say, even if this is an over simplification, these descanting voices are SPOILED BRATS, even those that appear poor you are still spoiled and have little going on in your life. Average mediocre haters are lower in development and cuddled almost everywhere they go, and have so much extra time and energy they take it out on Leo Gura, which is ridiculous, they really are getting whored by reason and rationality itself, the egotism and ego mind is dumb, and they can't afford to look in the mirror nor own themselves one to polish the mirrors over time. The mirrors get grime, and so blame it on other people and not themselves.

They just need to listen to this music, maybe it'll change their delusional in denial mind: