iboughtleosbooklist

Why It's Glaringly Obvious That Solipsism Is True

159 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Sigh....

If solipsism is the case, you made the video about solipsism.

;)

@Leo Gura true. and in a way it's true. it's a slippery matter

Edited by Breakingthewall

You guys get easily confused by calling it solipsism. Just call it dreaming. You are dreaming everything and everyone. And the dream is designed in such a way that you cannot easily notice that it is a dream, nor stop dreaming. If you could easily see through the dream, you'd be dead, so obviously the dream must be intensely convincing.

If you could just walk up to a scientist and ask him, "Am I dreaming?" And he said, "Yes!" Then that would be a very weak dream. Of course he's gonna tell you No! A dream can only work if you deny that you are dreaming.

So it all boils down to a simple game of denial. Since you are dreaming, you have infinite capacity for denial. Who's gonna contradict you in your own dream? Whatever you manage to convince yourself of becomes your reality. Simple.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

31 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You are dreaming everything and everyone.

52 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura Ok, but everyone I'm dreaming of is dreaming another dream, and within their dream there are other dreams. Its infinite. That does not mean that absolutely everything is not my dream, it is, an infinite dream

29 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

@Leo Gura Ok, but everyone I'm dreaming of is dreaming another dream, and within their dream there are other dreams. Its infinite. That does not mean that absolutely everything is not my dream, it is, an infinite dream

There is only one dreamer. Nobody else is dreaming.

15 hours ago, Moksha said:

Awakening is easy, as long as you have no preferences. If you want to test whether you are awake, honestly assess whether there are any desires or fears in your life. If you cling to any pleasure, however small, or resist any pain, however great, you aren't fully awake. People claim they want to realize God, but they are fooling themselves. God isn't getting what you want, and avoiding what you hate.

Equanimity is the litmus test of enlightenment. Whatever is occurring in this moment is precisely what you are giving yourself, as God. It doesn't mean being a doormat for life, but denying reality is the definition of insanity, and the opposite of enlightenment.

When you don't mind anything, and allow the experiences of life to flow through you freely, you see with clear eyes. The forms of snake, sunset, Trump, Jesus, enemy, and friend dissolve and you realize the same God within and beyond them all. Solipsism is a narcissistic half-truth, which is blind to the ubiquity of God.

This No Desire stuff is mostly BS imo, to me it seems it conflates the absolute & the relative like a lot of Neo-Advaita does

you're desiring every single second or you would literally stop breathing 

And let's be real, every single human alive has preferences in basically every realm of life, I also don't get why you'd want to change that when it serves a crucial purpose

No matter how awakened someone is, I can guarantee they have desires from the second they wake up, to the second they fall asleep, as does every living thing in existence

Personally, I think seeing through desire is a part of the path, in seeing that absolute happiness (from the absolute) is perfect as it is, therefore desireless, but it goes full circle on a human level and you could say desire goes through an 'upgrade' or evolves, the best description I have heard of this from a teacher (that also describes the cycle of life) is from the saying- 'Desire for the sake of sharing' meaning you no longer simply desire for the self alone but essentially desire for the Self from a place of love, joy & living in general & as a result become a better human 

I would say a better test of true awakening is actually how good of a person someone is, of course nobody's perfect, but nobody with an integrated awakening lives like a lot of these 'Gurus' do- Sexual scandals, money issues, just being a prick in general etc 

A lot of modern Non-Duality seems to deny your humanity & this leads to a myriad of issues down the line, I'm more of the belief, that the highest teaching is one that embodies your humanity down to the last drop

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

40 minutes ago, Holykael said:

Yeah only one dreamer, and infinite dreams. At the end all of them are just illusion. but don't confuse yourself with the dreamer, you are the dream

54 minutes ago, Holykael said:

The dreamer is not a person. All persons, including what you refer to by your own name, are dreamed up.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

You guys get easily confused by calling it solipsism. Just call it dreaming. You are dreaming everything and everyone. And the dream is designed in such a way that you cannot easily notice that it is a dream, nor stop dreaming. If you could easily see through the dream, you'd be dead, so obviously the dream must be intensely convincing.

If you could just walk up to a scientist and ask him, "Am I dreaming?" And he said, "Yes!" Then that would be a very weak dream. Of course he's gonna tell you No! A dream can only work if you deny that you are dreaming.

So it all boils down to a simple game of denial. Since you are the dreamimg, you can infinite capacity for denial. Who's gonna contradict you in your own dream? Whatever you manage to convince yourself of becomes your reality. Simple.

This reminds me of a lucid dream I had where I was inna debate with a guy inside the dream and I was telling him: Dude!! Can yoi see it!! Look to me, I am dreaming and you are just a image inside my dream! 

I was all excited trying to prove that guy that he was nothing but a image in my dream. And he could say a word. He reamained silent as a zombie, silent as a GTA character. 

Than I wake up, and realized the stupidity of what I aas dong in that dream. How could I expect that guy to answer me? Hahaha

6 hours ago, SeaMonster said:

Literally no-one who believes solipsism is true ACTS as if it were true, including you, Leo. 

That's called lucid dreaming.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You guys get easily confused by calling it solipsism. Just call it dreaming. You are dreaming everything and everyone. And the dream is designed in such a way that you cannot easily notice that it is a dream, nor stop dreaming

This is precisely why I've never used the word.   

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

One thing is getting the "Ahaaa!! is dream" . That by itself can super scary. Then comes the hard part " How is dream being created? The structure of it, including cold,hot, the humitidy in the nose,the pain in the neck, the noise of rice boiling in the stove, noise of the gate opening with the wind. I just described limited pieces of my actual experience.

What I want to say is, the hard part being aware of the dream day by day while walking, eating,showering, talking,writing online, and so on. 

3 minutes ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

One thing is getting the "Ahaaa!! is dream" . That by itself can super scary. Then comes the hard part " How is dream being created?

No mechanism required.  A "mechanism" is held within the dream itself, not outside of it.  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

This is precisely why I've never used the word.   

And it's why we should stop using the word.

4 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I deem this is why the video was pulled.  That said - If you have directly realized Truth, there is no harm in it.   But then, you no longer need to use it anyway

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

It's a perfectly beautiful word.

It's not the word's fault that people are too blind to understand it.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's a perfectly beautiful word.

It's not the word's fault that people are too blind to understand it.

But you're talking to these people.

8 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

I deem this is why the video was pulled.  That said - If you have directly realized Trutu, there is no harm in it.   But then, you no longer need to use it anyway

I loved the video. One of the best things I ever heard in life. And I am greatfull that finally someone got the guts to say it outloud. The words still echoes sometimes when I remember " Is not that you are Alone, is that you are So Thogheter" ... and I see all around right now, there is nothing missing, nothing to add, nothing to eliminate. How to eliminate a dream? This would be a nice book to read. How to eliminate a dream. 

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, but also beyond that.

The traditional idea of solipsism is not complete because it doesn't not at all communicate the radical nature of how Mind constructs reality and what God-consciousness is.

@Leo Gura admittedly, awakening can look very scary with standard concepts such as casual solipsism. 

Could you tell us the top, most poignant  bullet points that solipsism miscommunicates in contrast to a full realisation of the radical nature of how the mind constructs reality and God consciousness..

Just don't confuse this exercise in extrapolation with actually being conscious of whatever is the case.

The realization of the possibility of "Consciousness dreaming the world including all its characters" is so elementary and obvious that only complete idiots don't get it these days. But none of those I saw who called themselves "enlightened" have ever been able to explain how exactly this dream is being manifested and why it is following the exact mathematical rules of physical laws down to tiny particles. So, as it turns out, you/me/us, the Infinite God, is completely helpless and is so dumb that it cannot even understand how and why it dreams what it dreams, and cannot even manipulate the dream even if it would want to (any Gods here ever learnt how to fly?)   

Leo, in one of your videos you mentioned that you severely suffer from a digestive problem. If you are the Infinite God, why can't you manipulate the dream to stop your suffering?

So, sure, we may be the Infinite Consciousness ontologically, but there is still a huge explanatory gap in this realization. We, being Consciousness, are completely clueless about how and why it dreams what it dreams, how to make sense of this dream and how to manipulate it to reduce suffering (and there undeniably is a lot of suffering experienced in this dream).  

Edited by Strannik