iboughtleosbooklist

Why It's Glaringly Obvious That Solipsism Is True

159 posts in this topic

Just now, Aaron p said:

@Leo Gura was there any reason why you removed your solipsism video before bro

Of course

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

35 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

And how would one ACT if it were true?

The problem is you got a silly, strawman notion of what solipsism means.

It's like you're saying, the Earth cannot be round because everyone ACTS as though it were flat. And even if it is round, it does matter in everyday life.

It seems contradictory to talk about how unethical Andrew Tate is, and how he’s a big problem etc if solipsism were true. There’s no inflicting sufffering on others if it’s true? 

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course

Can you say why? :3

Edited by Aaron p

17 minutes ago, Joel3102 said:

It seems contradictory to talk about how unethical Andrew Tate is, and how he’s a big problem etc if solipsism were true. There’s no inflicting sufffering on others if it’s true? 

Not true! Think about it:

If Tate promotes rape and then I have daughter in the future who gets raped by one of his idiot followers, I will have to deal with that shit. And I don't want to deal with it.

Now, you might say, but if solipsism is true your daughter didn't suffer from the rape. But that doesn't change the fact that the rape traumatized her and now she will act damaged for life and I gotta deal with it.

In the end you cannot escape dealing with shit that comes from evil behavior. It always comes back to hurt you. No one sane person wants to live in a world where rape is normalized and common. Solipsism has no bearing on this.

16 minutes ago, Aaron p said:

Can you say why? :3

Because people will misunderstand it.

Your ideas of solipsism are not the same as God. But God is a very solipsistic thing.

Edited by Leo Gura

Solipsism is a bean counting exercise. How many solipsists does it take to change a light bulb?

It's ultimately tied the idea of only having "one" experience. But the idea of "one" is within experience not an attribute of it. "One" only works when you have "two", i.e. comparison or duality. Experience itself cannot be compared to anything and so cannot be counted. Solipsism then is defining itself in terms of itself. I guess some people are ok with that type of thinking.

All stories and explanations are false.

"How do you know for sure that other people (and non-human animals) are conscious? The so-called "problem of other minds" asks us to consider whether we truly have any solid basis for believing that "we are not alone". In this talk I provide a new, meaningful, and non-trivial solution to the problem of other minds using a combination of mindmelding and phenomenal puzzles in the right sequence such that one can gain confidence that others are indeed "solving problems with qualia computing" and in turn infer that they are independently conscious. This explanatory style contrasts with typical "solutions" to the problem of other minds that focus on either historical, behavioral, or algorithmic similarities between oneself and others (e.g. "passing a Turing test"). Here we explore what the space of possible solutions looks like and show that qualia formalism can be a key to unlock new kinds of understanding currently out of reach within the prevailing paradigms in philosophy of mind. But even with qualia formalism, the radical skeptic solipsist will not be convinced. Direct experience and "proof" is necessary to convince a hardcore solipsist since intellectual "inferential" arguments can always be mere "figments of one's own imagination". We thus explore how mindmelding can greatly increase our certainty of other's consciousness. However, skeptical worries may still linger: how do you know that the source of consciousness during mindmelding is not your brain alone? How do you know that the other brain is conscious while you are not connected to it? We thus introduce "phenomenal puzzles" into the picture: these are puzzles that require the use of "qualia comparisons" to be solved. In conjunction with a specific mindmelding information sharing protocol, such phenomenal puzzles can, we argue, actually fully address the problem of other minds in ways even strong skeptics will be satisfied with. You be the judge! :-)

what you guys think of this one ?

Edited by A_v_E

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Because people will misunderstand it.

Your ideas of solipsism are not the same as God. But God is a very solipsistic thing.

Are you talking about how some egos might attribute all kinds of negative meanings to solipsism even though ture meaninglessness also means a complete lack of negative meaning aswell as positive meaning? Is that the primary point or is there more nuance to it 

Edited by Aaron p

9 minutes ago, A_v_E said:

"How do you know for sure that other people (and non-human animals) are conscious? The so-called "problem of other minds" asks us to consider whether we truly have any solid basis for believing that "we are not alone". In this talk I provide a new, meaningful, and non-trivial solution to the problem of other minds using a combination of mindmelding and phenomenal puzzles in the right sequence such that one can gain confidence that others are indeed "solving problems with qualia computing" and in turn infer that they are independently conscious. This explanatory style contrasts with typical "solutions" to the problem of other minds that focus on either historical, behavioral, or algorithmic similarities between oneself and others (e.g. "passing a Turing test"). Here we explore what the space of possible solutions looks like and show that qualia formalism can be a key to unlock new kinds of understanding currently out of reach within the prevailing paradigms in philosophy of mind. But even with qualia formalism, the radical skeptic solipsist will not be convinced. Direct experience and "proof" is necessary to convince a hardcore solipsist since intellectual "inferential" arguments can always be mere "figments of one's own imagination". We thus explore how mindmelding can greatly increase our certainty of other's consciousness. However, skeptical worries may still linger: how do you know that the source of consciousness during mindmelding is not your brain alone? How do you know that the other brain is conscious while you are not connected to it? We thus introduce "phenomenal puzzles" into the picture: these are puzzles that require the use of "qualia comparisons" to be solved. In conjunction with a specific mindmelding information sharing protocol, such phenomenal puzzles can, we argue, actually fully address the problem of other minds in ways even strong skeptics will be satisfied with. You be the judge! :-)

This guy is talking about "other brains", so already clearly full of shit.

All his logic and facts are figments of imagination. There is no escaping imagination, ever. And the fact that he cannot see that shows he doesn't understand solipsism. You can mind-meld with whoever you want. That's your imagination at work.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura though rape don't exist, some people enjoy being "raped".
the death or birth of your futur daughter has no relevance.

you would dream any meaning coming out of her.

I know this one will REALLY GET MISINTERPRETED HERE, but I've to think about the truth, based on what perception of reality is.

why you wouldn't want to accept to be killed tomorow or just now.. why does it really matter ?

for me it's just a body thing, my body react to the fear of death, and so it say , bluh :! I don't want to die !!!
otherwise, who cares, there is no self here, just another delusion that is as transparent as liquid.

what makes you think it's dramatic to be raped or even that someone harvest your organs.. or that we all live in the matrix right now harvested by robots.
for all you know it can still be a simulation, so why would you care ( not saying it is, I've no clue, but you neither )

Edited by A_v_E

4 minutes ago, Aaron p said:

Are you talking about how some egos might attribute all kinds of negative meanings to solipsism even though ture meaninglessness also means a complete lack of negative meaning..

Yes, but also beyond that.

The traditional idea of solipsism is not complete because it doesn't not at all communicate the radical nature of how Mind constructs reality and what God-consciousness is.

Edited by Leo Gura

This guy is talking about "other brains", so already clearly full of shit.

@Leo Gura hahahaha , I like this, I would just have expected more density with your answer, I like it when you bite hard, that is really when you are the best, when you let your fun part out it's really legit

Edited by A_v_E

8 minutes ago, A_v_E said:

though rape don't exist, some people enjoy being "raped".

No one enjoys a criminal rape other than the rapist.

the death or birth of your futur daughter has no relevance.

It certainly does, as long as I am alive and know about it.

you would dream any meaning coming out of her.

Solipsism does not deny that I dream meaning. Yes, I dream everything and therefore stuff has meaning for me within my dream. Just because something is my dream does not mean you get to tell me how I should feel about it or that I must stop dreaming. I can dream as deep as I want and enjoy it. I am under no obligation to ignore my own dream. If I want to cry at my daughter's death, that's up to me.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura yes sure, but I m under no obligation to not wake you up either.

and you know all those relations are relatives anyway.
you dream boundaries and limits and what consist of X or Y.

Edited by A_v_E

1 minute ago, A_v_E said:

@Leo Gura yes sure, but I m under no obligation to not wake you up either.

Good luck with that.

10 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

@Leo Gura If you think solipsism is the case, why would you make a video about solipsism?

Sigh....

If solipsism is the case, you made the video about solipsism.

;)