no_name

Is smoking weed and doing shrooms making you age

47 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course.

Mushroom flesh is toxic.

Where did you learn this? The nausea could be caused by indigestion of the flesh due to changes in serotonin activity in the gut. That could explain why if you take a powder instead, you don't get indigestion, because you're not eating any food. I've witnessed people puking on an LSD come-up probably because they ate breakfast beforehand (I didn't and I didn't puke).

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard If a thing makes you wanna vomit, it's a toxin.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

@Carl-Richard If a thing makes you wanna vomit, it's a toxin.

I guess my friend eats toxins for breakfast every day then ? You would probably agree with that anyway ?

@Carl-Richard Your friend vomits every day?

Sounds like you need a new friend.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Carl-Richard Your friend vomits every day?

Sounds like you need a new friend.

? No, he presumably eats the same breakfast every day, only that day he took LSD. I thought he knew that you're not supposed to eat much before tripping.

Edited by Carl-Richard

@Leo Gura shrooms don't make you wanna vomit at all if you drink or eat ginger beforehand. And soaking them in lemon juice removes any taste, so, I am not sold on that they are inherently toxic.

I am a mushroom lover though, I mean normal edible mushrooms.

I have been siding with the synthetic side of the debate, but nowadays I can see that with proper consumption tek shrooms are great too.

@no_name no if assumed toxins are water-sollubke. Yes, if they are not and you discard shroom body.

9 minutes ago, Girzo said:

shrooms don't make you wanna vomit at all if you drink or eat ginger beforehand.

When I think about it, I remember reading that ginger has some serotonergic activity ? Maybe it counteracts the activity caused by the psychedelics.

Edited by Carl-Richard

18 minutes ago, no_name said:

@Leo Gura would making mushrooms in a tea reduce the toxins? 

Yes

8 minutes ago, Girzo said:

@no_name no if assumed toxins are water-sollubke. Yes, if they are not and you discard shroom body.

So do blue meanies or golden teachers have toxins that are not water soluble? 

12 minutes ago, Girzo said:

@Leo Gura shrooms don't make you wanna vomit at all if you drink or eat ginger beforehand.

The reason you eat ginger is to counteract your body's natural impulse to vomit out toxins.

Just because you cover something up doesn't mean it ain't there.

You can tape your mouth shut too.

Edited by Leo Gura

ChatTopG: 

In this case, ginger compounds could block or reduce the activity of the 5-HT3 receptor. This means that it could reduce the effects of drugs or chemicals that activate the 5-HT3 receptor, such as psychedelics

5-HT3 agonism induces nausea, irrespective of mushroom flesh.

Ginger is a nausea-reducing drug. Everyone knows this. People take it for sea-sickness.

Ginger does not reduce the effect of psychedelics, it just suppresses the nausea response of the body.

You can drink a poison, then take some ginger and feel better. But that doesn't mean the poison is any less poisonous and it will still kill you in the end.

Edited by Leo Gura

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Ginger is a nausea-reducing drug. Everyone knows this.

And (many) psychedelics are nausea-inducing drugs, probably most noticably when there is food in your stomach.

Edited by Carl-Richard

5 hours ago, no_name said:

Would edibles be better? Would mushrooms be better? 

Definitely mushrooms are better they’re very natural and there’s almost no side effects. Remember any smoke has a damaged to lungs and there is also large carbon intake. Definitely stick to shrooms.

4 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

5-HT3 agonism induces nausea, irrespective of mushroom flesh.

ChatTopAlmostRightButNotReally :P Psychedelics usually have unnoticable affinity for 5ht3 receptor, BUT in humans they may stimulate production/release (I don't know scientifically correct terms, sorry, no time to check) of chemicals that do, be it sertotonin or else.

That's the logic behind taking Kola Nut to reduce 5-MeO-DMT induced nausea and bodyload. Kola nuts share 5ht3 mechanism of action with ginger, but also lemons to some degree, and few other anti-nausea solutions.

2 hours ago, Gennadiy1981 said:

Definitely mushrooms are better they’re very natural

Natural versus synthetic distinction is meaningless. Most plants are natural and dangerous, especially the ones you could mistake for wild carrots. The fact is though, mushrooms are generally way less dangerous than plants, usually if you misidentify mushrooms they taste really bad or make your stomach hurt, but don't destroy your body. Natural plants can really mess you up quickly if you have foraged them yourself and misdentified somewhere along the way. Doesn't mean mushrooms can't turn your liver into goo and kill you, some can.

There's more arguments if you want to hear them.

Edited by Girzo
my English be broken in the morning

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Weed comes in THC tincture. There is no need to smoke anything.

Mushrooms come in pure synthetic forms like 4-AcO-DMT. No need to consume any mushroom toxins.

DMT shows neurogenerative properties.

what about magic truffels? Are there toxins in that?

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

@no_name I would agree with your initial post that the major damage is the hydrocarbon combustion and inhalation. We know from observational data that exposure to this stuff is somewhat toxic (e.g. why smoking increases lung cancer risk) although the damage form a single joint, in that way, is probably similar to a damage of a single cigarette, maybe even less. Quantity always matters and we also have to consider that cigarettes use chemicals in their paper, there is glue and some other crap too. On the other hand, many joint smokers do not put filters in so that multiplies the damage. 

With marihuana, some people say there is a secondary damage causes by the cannabis itself and the stimulation of endocanabinoid receptors and subsequent neurological damage. I am not clear on the mechanisms of this and have not had time to dig deep into the research (a blog is planned on this topic but date hasn't been set yet :D) 

Anecdotally tho, some of my younger clients say that they think it negatively impacts their long term mood, psychological wellbeing and ability to focus. I would probably agree with that. 

Some people prefer CBD oils, they seem to work for anxieties in some cases, I have no experience with that stuff and have never recommended it to anybody so can't comment. 

If you use it and are concerned about the usage, I'd start by asking why do you use it and whether it is representing a crutch (e.g. can't be without it, cant sleep without it) or it is more of a social thing. 

Regarding shrooms, others on the forum are more experienced and more knowledgeable about this topic. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus