John Paul

Should I get help?

12 posts in this topic

I’m doing very well with deconstruction and I’m even becoming capable of greater forgiveness than I was in the past.

I have what I would think is manic depression and/or paranoia and also anxiety. It’s a real concern now that I’m getting “serious”. I have trust issues and that includes distrusting businesses and other organizations (they are made up of people). I am afraid they are going to trick me into taking pills and then I’ll be even deeper in the hole. Im also just generally doubtful about treatment and therapy and so on. I don’t know if it can help me or if it’s better to try to brute force a physiological healing through movement and cutting back on consumption and stimulation and also just taking the right steps in life and not burning bridges.

I think I might need help but I also got it. Write me your thoughts and experiences.

My self-diagnosis, to give you a picture of symptoms, could be: 

bi-polar, BPD, anxiety disorders, CPTSD

what do you think is the wrong other people have done to you and why?

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

You're VERY close. Set an appointment with Teal Swan

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

It's one thing to be doubtful and not trying it. I feel you, I am too hesitant to do therapy. Especially if you have no trust in that. I can comfort you that no one forces you to take pills, all they can do is recommend them. Then it's your choice if you want to take them or not. Do your own research what medications therapist recommends. If you are against taking pills you are free to talk about it with your therapist. And if you try pills and they do more harm then good, then therapist should try something else.

Brute force won't work. To deal with mental problems is to accept, and work with yourself and not against yourself with brute force. Don't get it wrong having physical activities, cutting stimulation and consumption can be beneficial. 

I would say try it. If something wrong change a therapist, try again. Look what's best for you and look for therapist who's looking what is best for you. You will need to work through your own distrust. Deconstruct your own distrust, as you are capable of doing that. I am myself considering to go to therapy and I am working through my own concerns.

3 hours ago, Cathal said:

what do you think is the wrong other people have done to you and why?

Why do you ask?

3 hours ago, acidgoofy said:

I don't think brute force is the way to go here. You should get help imo, there are different forms of therapy, you don't necessarily have to take pills. Maybe look into IFS therapy as recommended by Leo: https://www.actualized.org/insights/ifs-therapy-for-trauma-healing

I’ll look at it 

2 hours ago, Eternal Unity said:

You're VERY close. Set an appointment with Teal Swan

I’d rather talk to Leo lol.

There are plenty of options for therapy. You don't need to get one that can prescribe you drugs. Just having a professional to talk to and work through your issues can be enough, and it is usually quite affordable.

If you aren't making legitimate progress on your own (after months/years on an issue) it's an indicator you need help and there isn't any shame in getting it. Having the right people in your life to pry you out of your rut and put you back on the tracks is crucial.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

@John Paul Hey brother,

I think therapy could be an awesome step to take. Based off of my theoretical understandings and personal experiences, an in-person depth psychotherapy could be really helpful for you. Life transforming even.

I think psychodynamic and IFS therapy could be great ones to look into.

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

@John Paul He's busy working on the book., anyway it'smidnight in Vegas stupid lol

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

I could never take myself to a therapist or a guru or any professional… so I think it’d have to be a friend.

I made a post in the dating section instead if u guys wanna help 

Edited by John Paul

@John Paul  Watch my video on what to look for in therapies.

I understand your fear of being put on pills, I also wouldn't want that if I didn't need them.

Being on medication can stifle your growth, if they're not absolutely necessary.

But there's other things that can be done.

Things that actually improve the symptoms of:

17 hours ago, John Paul said:

My self-diagnosis, to give you a picture of symptoms, could be: 

bi-polar, BPD, anxiety disorders, CPTSD

Potentially.

That's not a benefit you want to miss out on.

Self-therapy can also do a lot, but I'd recommend getting started with a professional.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/