Leo Gura

Reminder Of Why You're Here

37 posts in this topic

I feel that people here need a reminder of what this place is about.

This forum is not like other social spaces on the internet where the function is to rant and rave about whatever stuff surfaces to your reptilian brain. The function of this place is your development, maturation, and evolution to higher consciousness and selflessness. So this place has a bias by default. It is not just willy-nilly post-whatever-you-feel-like-because-this-is-internet,-land-of-infinite-freedom. This requires intention. This requires caring about truth. This requires observing the reactive habits of your ego-mind, which include: rationalization, projection, denial, confirmation bias, emotionality, gaslighting, blaming, judging, moral posturing, etc. This is not a place to vent or promote ideology. It is not a place to attack others. It is not a place to waste time as you avoid doing work on yourself.

I see many here posting in ways as though you never even studied any of my work and you are not interested in becoming more aware of your self-deceptions and egoic reactions. It's time to cut the monkey games and behave in ways that align with what is talked about in the videos. I am not perfect at this, I work on this too every day. I don't need you to be perfect about it, but I need to see you trying.

This forum is a place for going meta. It's a place to scrutinize yourself and find ways to make yourself better, not to nitpick others or engage in debate. It is not about the content of what you post but the structure of your mind and why you think the way you think and do the things you do. It's about deconstructing yourself.

Think long and hard about whether you are on board with this mission. If not, then this place is not for you. Go elsewhere online where you can be free to act out your ego and battle other egos. That's not what we do here. Going forward I will be keeping an eye out for this, looking to see if each of you is here to do the work, or just to vent ego. Those venting ego will eventually be kicked out.

Every time before you post, as you write your post, I want you to stop and ask yourself, "How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways?", and "Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness?"

In a nutshell, I want to see people doing more self-reflection and being more conscious of their behavior at the meta level. Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Basically, I want more Tier 2 discussions rather than Tier 1 discussions. So make sure you study that difference and strive to discuss topics in a Tier 2 fashion. Tier 2 requires you to be more aware of your biases and less self-absorbed in your personal emotional baggage and survival agenda. Notice how most of the stuff you post is just a cry from your survival agenda, nothing more. Like a baby crying for candy and throwing a tantrum or using tricks to manipulate others.

You are still allowed to have fun here, but don't get carried away with petty human nonsense. Watch your own tricks like hawk. No one else can do this for you. This is your job. This is how you grow. It's not about me policing you, it's about you learning to police yourself because that's what conscious beings do because they respect life.

Cheers!

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The function of this place is your development

Even when you "Hide" a message you sent, you're asked to specify the reason in an attempt to help you see your shit!

Edited by Vibes

Have you ever thought about having simple quizzes based on the ideas in your content so we and at least you can access the level of exposure to the content and understanding that people have? It could be a simple google sheet that asks people to explain in their own worlds spiral dynamics, nonduality, productive habits, social constructs, etc. 

I'm not enlightened enough to have discussions with people that don't understand the concept of self-bias, it's very triggering. 

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3

More time on the cushion and less time on the Internet! Wait what am I doing here? 

I use this place to distract myself even if I don't post a lot. It's still better than most other platformes I appreciate you working to increase the quality of discussion here even more. 

Edited by Rigel

Sailing on the ceiling 

5 minutes ago, LordFall said:

Have you ever thought about having simple quizzes based on the ideas in your content

That would be nice I don't have time to vet everyone who joins here.

I read this post today, and it reminded me of my mission with my presence here.

Thank you for all the work you put in here and all the nuisance that you experience dealing with us. You are extremely loving, patient, and generous.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

@Leo Gura thanks for the reminder.  I feel like this speaks to me. 

I admit I am wrong when I am convinced that I actually am, but I don't budge while still having doubts just to resolve conflicts or please my opponent. I also do not care what my opponent thinks of me admitting defeat because if they are a rational person, they will accept it and move on. If they make fun of me, I would assume they did not evolve mentally past their teenage years and not engage with them anymore.

It is not difficult for me to admit my mistakes. But what difficult is trying to understand the root of the mistakes. What drives me to make that mistake and what factors are involved. Why do I feel a certain way or what makes me do that.

Only one who knows all things and is without error should find such an admission difficult.

Since I neither know all things and am full of errors, it’s not difficult at all.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Leo Gura perhaps you start with yourself. Last week I opened a thread on sexual transmutation and your mods came into my topic and took turns to take shits on my topic.

Sexual transmutation is exactly needed to dampen the reptilian brain. 

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

3 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

@Leo Gura perhaps you start with yourself. Last week I opened a thread on sexual transmutation and your mods came into my topic and took turns to take shits on my topic. 

We will all be working on this. No one is gonna get a free pass.

Edited by Leo Gura

That's what I try to do in my journal.  Self-reflection.  If I veer too off course into another person's language then I lose my own inner language and lose sight of insight and learning.  I suppose it's subjective.  Sometimes I get caught up in the forum drama and toxicity and I try to convert it and digest it in my journal in some form, alchemize it.  

Apologies for being too harsh toward you recently.  

Edited by Kore

@Leo Gura good points.

I think you and the mods indeed have to still become a little bit stricter. Some individuals really only learn it the hard way that (even in the Internet) there are rules for how you communicate with others.

If everybody asked themselves "is my comment adding value or is it creating/exacerbating the drama?" the majority of ego wars could be avoided.

2 hours ago, StarStruck said:

@Leo Gura Ye i agree with starstruck. I'd demote some of these mods.

This is all just gonna go in circles until you get effective modding going imo. I'd be prepared to mod, I think I'd bring in some value in doing so.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

I don't think it's necessary to demote anyone, but I have a suggestion that might be useful. It has been my experience with some moderators that things can get a little bit personal sometimes, especially when points and warnings are issued. It just can give off bad vibes and impressions. Though, by no means this is exclusive to this forum. However, I think in most cases of conflict, it's the responsibility of the mod to take on the role of the bigger person and be aware, careful, peaceful, understanding, and resolving of conflict. This should be especially the case here on Actualized because it's implied that mods should be generally more developed than the average user. But that's not the general theme that I've experienced here. What I've experienced felt more like top-down, threatening, condescending communication and bossing around. Maybe it's my projection, but then again I'm not the only one who's complaining. My problematic behavior has been hard for me to correct because there was not enough transparency and care in the communication. For me, it wasn't even communication, but rather abuse that created a snowball effect of bad conduct on my end.

You see, I am not an angel, and part of what made me so was the moderation. My imagination of better moderation would be something like this:

Hi, dear user

We appreciate your interest in this forum and discussion/topic, etc.

However, this behavior is not acceptable here because, etc.

We like your presence here and want you to stick around, and it would be a far more pleasant experience if you're mindful of blank behavior.

Let us know if you disagree and we may have a discussion about it.

Best regards.

This or something like it could be made into a formal message to send to people showing problematic behavior. It should be positive and encouraging, and at the same time impersonal, unlike the penalties and points system that currently exists.

At the current scale, it's easy to keep track of consistently problematic users. So give them three messages max, and then if nothing changes, a ban might be warranted. The points system is not necessary at this scale imo, and it doesn't really serve any meaningful purpose except triggering the users and making them feel powerless, attacked, and criminal, while in truth they might be innocent and simply ignorant.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

@Leo Gura Fantastic!

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

2 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

At the current scale, it's easy to keep track of consistently problematic users. So give them three messages max, and then if nothing changes, a ban might be warranted. The points system is not necessary at this scale imo, and it doesn't really serve any meaningful purpose except triggering the users and making them feel powerless, attacked, and criminal, while in truth they might be innocent and simply ignorant.

Exactly.  I think more messages and education and overall communication are warranted.  Some people don't understand for example where one rule begins and where it ends.  For example, I was outside of that discord and gave an external source (can't say who or that would be recruiting).  I didn't know that was recruiting.  I thought you had to be inside the discord and specifically giving invites. 

3 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

You see, I am not an angel, and part of what made me so was the moderation. My imagination of better moderation would be something like this:

Hi, dear user

We appreciate your interest in this forum and discussion/topic, etc.

However, this behavior is not acceptable here because, etc.

We like your presence here and want you to stick around, and it would be a far more pleasant experience if you're mindful of blank behavior.

Let us know if you disagree and we may have a discussion about it.

Best regards.

This or something like it could be made into a formal message to send to people showing problematic behavior. It should be positive and encouraging, and at the same time impersonal, unlike the penalties and points system that currently exists.

This type of communication is actually already supposed to be the standard. So if it isn't, I would say that it is something that should be improved for sure.

5 hours ago, Federico del pueblo said:

I think you and the mods indeed have to still become a little bit stricter.

I think so too.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I see many here posting in ways as though you never even studied any of my work

I got the exact same impression when I first came here. People were asking questions that were answered like 1000 times in your videos. 

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho