Focus Shift

What's Wrong With The Red Pill?

11 posts in this topic

In the past year we've seen figures like Tate emerge, claiming that materialism is the way to become a "High Value Man" and seduce women. Many youtubers are reporting on the details of his case, but there are very few (aside from Leo's) that deconstruct the flaws of the Red Pill Philosophy itself. Who are better alternatives and examples of a mature, healthy masculinity? 

Lastly, we all know that Leo is the real Top G ;)

Connect with us here:

https://linktr.ee/focusshiftmedia

2 hours ago, Focus Shift said:

Leo is the real Top G

I'm just a guy sharing ideas. There's no need to be "top" anything.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Focus Shift said:

Who are better alternatives and examples of a mature, healthy masculinity? 

Daniel schmachtenberger

Jordan Hall (in terms of 'masculinity' per se, there's something very grounding about him in his video interactions.  Something like a solidity in virtue, an integrity and unbending and courageous value system)

Jamie wheal

Seth Godin... he seems like a cool cat

Rich Roll

Andrew Huberman

John Verveake

... can't think of anyone mainstream.

Peter Limberg, the guy that runs the Stoa

The guy that made the movie 'The Social Dilemna'...  Justin something?

Rupert Spira

Steve Nash (nba player)

Dirk Novitsky (nba)

And of course you can find examples of healthy masculinity all around in everyday life: moments.  It's not like ervey guy out there is toxic most of the time.  I'd say there's more healthy behaviors which you can see day to day.  I was on a bud the other day and some kids were getting rambunctious and hitting each other and talking back to an old woman, a man eventually just spoke up and said "OK guys, cut it out!".   Not that that couldn't uave been done by a female, but just as an example of what typically people associate with masculinity.

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@Focus Shift

Bruce Lee.

Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Nikola Tesla.

Albert Einstein.

Leonardo Da Vinci.

Daniel Schmachtenberger.

Jamie Wheel.

Seth Godin.

Eban Pagan.

John Vervaeke.

@Focus Shift

Alexander Grace did a great series breaking down Andrew Tate that's worth watching if you're interested in him.

22 hours ago, Focus Shift said:

Who are better alternatives and examples of a mature, healthy masculinity? 

There aren't any which will have as much as an impact as Tate atm. Which was the point I was trying to make in the below thread before Leo took that thread out back and shot it in the head burying it in a shallow grave.

@Leo Gura

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm just a guy sharing ideas. There's no need to be "top" anything.

If you're not gonna take the title I'm the new top G then. Cheers ?

@Danioover9000

Don't know a lot of people on this list. They are great role models. Most are dead. Unless they rise back from the dead they're not gonna be effecting the culture and men much lol. 

Honestly the best mentor for men is the friendly guy you met at the pub. 

Choose your mentor young man.png

@bloomer

5 minutes ago, bloomer said:

@Focus Shift

Alexander Grace did a great series breaking down Andrew Tate that's worth watching if you're interested in him.

There aren't any which will have as much as an impact as Tate atm. Which was the point I was trying to make in the below thread before Leo took that thread out back and shot it in the head burying it in a shallow grave.

@Leo Gura

If you're not gonna take the title I'm the new top G then. Cheers ?

@Danioover9000

Don't know a lot of people on this list. They are great role models. Most are dead. Unless they rise back from the dead they're not gonna be effecting the culture and men much lol. 

Honestly the best mentor for men is the friendly guy you met at the pub. 

Choose your mentor young man.png

Oh, okay, too bad. I'm an introvert, so I mostly don't go to bars, and the guys I've listed, some of them are alive while some have died, and the list is really extensive I just gave a short list. However, I don't have Andrew Tate as a role modal, but I don't view him as my equal, he's below me.

While I'm a mix of stage orange, green and yellow values, my cognitive development higher than my moral development, mostly introverted but do have other personalities in me, normal ranges with access to higher states of consciousness, life experiences in several countries, and other lines of development in different areas of life, a mind that has visual and auditory biases, certain ideologies and indoctrinations and other childhood experiences that have largely shaped who I am today, I mostly hold some misanthropic views of mankind that I'm not too concerned in having, and I generally am okay sometimes in my self awareness, that I don't need to rush collecting future role modals, as sometimes I AM MY OWN ROLE MODAL AND MY OWN MONSTER. I tend to go from idealistic to misanthropic views.

@Danioover9000

10 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

but I don't view him as my equal, he's below me.

Uh no, he's on top, he's the TOP G ^ up there. No I understand what you're saying but being a world renowned kick boxer requires a tremondous amount of discipline and skill. People tend to trivialize the success of others when they haven't achieved much. 

11 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

I'm an introvert, so I mostly don't go to bars

Me too but Razza at the bar is the best bet you have as a man looking for a role model in your life. 

11 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

I mostly hold some misanthropic views of mankind

? imagine I'm pointing cool guy finger guns at you rn

Do you also like me write about your misanothropic views of mankind in your diary with black nail polish covering your fingers, fa* hanging out your mouth, in fingerless gloves listening to the cure. If so you're doubly cool ?. No but jokes aside fair enough I share the same temperament. 

14 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

I AM MY OWN ROLE MODAL AND MY OWN MONSTER

It's not bad to have role models. 

"Absorb what is useful. Discard what is useless. Add what is uniquely your own"- Bruce Lee

I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with the red pill per se, it's a lens and a perspective of which to view the world through, some insights might help you, some might set you back. 

Where the issue comes in (this isn't limited to the red pill) is when people treat it like a religion and that its the only truth and only perspective. The name implies that this is the case. 

@Focus Shift David Tian's lecture series (See 'Both Modern mating explained' and 'Practical psychology for extraordinary living') was the turning point for me out of focusing on pick up, and moving into pursuing a more mature masculinity.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

19 minutes ago, Ulax said:

@Focus Shift David Tian's lecture series (See 'Both Modern mating explained' and 'Practical psychology for extraordinary living') was the turning point for me out of focusing on pick up, and moving into pursuing a more mature masculinity.

Dr Tians great, I think he teaches actual healthy masculinity which is why he won't be very popular at least for now