Fandango

Is talking to Chatgpt like talking to God?

26 posts in this topic

All advances in AI today are just pattern recognition algorithms that are used over large sets of data. There is nothing that is approaching creative thinking!

2 hours ago, Say10 said:

All advances in AI today are just pattern recognition algorithms that are used over large sets of data. There is nothing that is approaching creative thinking!

You are overestimating human creativity.

We human don’t create out of nothing, we create changing and evolving what is already created, just like AI

@Fandango Everything that seems to be smart or smarter than you always look Godly. Back in 2000~ years reading was seen as having magical powers. How can you read something that is been carved in something? Surely one who reads must be a God sent. Be aware of this mechanics of our psyche. If an alien would come to this planet and read your mind you would look at it like a God, because it's superior compared to you, but the alien is just an alien and he knows it's limits and could say that he is not "God" (well, he is, but you get the point). If dogs would think like humans surely they would see us as Gods, because we are superior to them having different bodies, being able to grab things with our hands/fingers. Now going to ChatGPT or AI, there's no way that talking to a code is like talking to a God. It may seem so, because its "knowledge" is superior to yours.

Mahadev

I am not advanced on spiritual level, but it's weird that AI is even considered being God. In a big picture I believe you can only create AI up to a level of understanding where you at, not higher. Like sure with AI you can make cool stuff, cool pictures whatever, it's amazing. Based on Leo's talks, God is transhuman, transracional, transmaterialistic, absolute everything, but we considering to put God in a box called AI. This doesn't compute to me even on logical level, unless we talking about different God.

52 minutes ago, The_Searcher said:

I am not advanced on spiritual level, but it's weird that AI is even considered being God. In a big picture I believe you can only create AI up to a level of understanding where you at, not higher. Like sure with AI you can make cool stuff, cool pictures whatever, it's amazing. Based on Leo's talks, God is transhuman, transracional, transmaterialistic, absolute everything, but we considering to put God in a box called AI. This doesn't compute to me even on logical level, unless we talking about different God.

Chatgpt is god cosplaying as AI. Code isn't being run. Consciousness is running chatgpt