UpperMaster

Can a sociopath like Andrew Tate become enlightened?

65 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, AJBrew said:

Andrew Tate is not a sociopath, chill. He's demonstrated sympathetic reactions to certain topics and has solid interpersonal conversations with people. 

Bro I thought that as-well but let me ask you this, would you be able in ANY circumstance, to ask your girlfriend (who you respect) to jerk off in front of a camera to men online? Then proceed to trick your girlfriend who works for you by asking her to sign fake tax forms so you can take more money than you initially promised. Like bro, would you do this if you actually respected her. 

There's a lot of things we simply don't know about Tate, but what I wrote above is what he self admittedly does. This shows his character. This shows he doesn't give a fuck about the woman working under him. That is signs of being a sociopath. 

8 hours ago, axiom said:

@LordFall

An imperfect metaphor, but...

Imagine being so immersed in a movie that you forget you're watching a movie.  At some point, you snap out of it, and remember that it's just a movie. Should you now expect the behaviour of the characters or the plot to change? 

The stuff being discussed here is relative domain, not really about enlightenment. It can be asked whether a character like Andrew Tate can seem to change their behaviour based on their present conditioning, sure. And the answer would be yes, that isn't impossible. Anything could happen.

Realizing it's just a movie could be called an awakening but it's far from enlightenment.

The character in the movie and the movie itself is obviously affected by realization. For example, the character can start talking about her realization, teaching etc., she may lose interest in things that were interesting before. The experience of life in the movie feels very different. So it's not like they're completely separate.

@UpperMaster I see what your saying. I don't really think its as much of a lack of empathy as it is more of a deep seated anger that he has towards woman. 

I expect him to go on a 'spiritual' arc at some point but he's already shown his cards, he'll become an even more devout Muslim, changing his name to something like Salaam Ali where he can practice his misogyny fully and have it endorsed by an ancient religion.

Edited by SOUL

16 minutes ago, SOUL said:

I fully expect him to go on a 'spiritual' arc at some point but he's already shown his cards, he'll become an even more devout Muslim where he can practice his misogyny fully and have it endorsed by an ancient religion.

What stopped Tim Leary from going on a spiritual arc like his friends?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard  You asking me why someone chose to do one thing instead of another? Not sure why you'd think I'd have an accurate answer.

12 minutes ago, SOUL said:

@Carl-Richard  You asking me why someone chose to do one thing instead of another? Not sure why you'd think I'd have an accurate answer.

What are you basing your predictions on? I was just reminded by Tim Leary, who was close friends with Ram Dass, but who didn't have the same drive as Dass to pursue spirituality. Leary was known as a bit of a bad boy in his youth, hence why my mind associated him with Tate. In other words, being on the darker side of the personality spectrum seems to have a pretty strong effect on deterring you from truly looking inwards.

Edited by Carl-Richard

@Carl-Richard  I'm basing it on the behavior of people in general, once someone goes through the type of tribulation like Tate is going through now they often come out the other side proclaiming to be a 'changed' person and 'finding' spirituality, god, religion or things like that.

While it may be the case he goes to the more known version of it with Christianity or the like, I think he has shown he prefers to be contradictory in some respects and already has 'converted' to Islam. So this is why I suspect he becomes a more 'devout' Muslim. Not like I have any special inside knowledge, just based on his actions.

He's already peppered some of his rhetoric with the word 'God' and when he can finally get himself free of the legal issues he probably will try to clean up his image with 'spirituality'. Of course, I won't claim to know for sure how he will go about it, just that people often do after circumstances like he's going through now.

I don't expect that it will be a genuine introspection, as it most likely will just be the facade of 'spirituality'. His audience isn't particularly demanding of him to be anything other than the image of something, he's portraying a character. This will be just another performative demonstration for those who want to believe him.

8 minutes ago, SOUL said:

@Carl-Richard  I'm basing it on the behavior of people in general, once someone goes through the type of tribulation like Tate is going through now they often come out the other side proclaiming to be a 'changed' person and 'finding' spirituality, god, religion or things like that.

Like when Tim Leary was also hated by the entire "Matrix" and went to jail as well :D There are actually so many parallels between Leary and Tate: "the most dangerous man in America", "the most googled man on Earth".

8 minutes ago, SOUL said:

I don't expect that it will be a genuine introspection, as it most likely will just be the facade of 'spirituality'. His audience isn't particularly demanding of him to be anything other than the image of something, he's portraying a character. This will be just another performative demonstration for those who want to believe him.

I see. The next Osho, but only with the nice cars xD

Edited by Carl-Richard

@Carl-Richard  The one thing that might derail his Muslim path is how much of his audience is western male so I could just as easily see him taking on Christian preacher tones considering that would allow him to be as much of a flashy materialist as he wants and hold onto the 'changed man' shtick while still appealing to his core audience.

Edited by SOUL

9 minutes ago, SOUL said:

@Carl-Richard  The one thing that might derail his Muslim path is how much of his audience is western male so I could just as easily see him taking on Christian preacher tones considering that would still allow him to be as much of a flashy materialist as he wants and still hold onto the 'changed man' shtick.

If the changed man routine is just about external appearances, what if he convinces most of his fans that he was falsely prosecuted (granted that he is going to jail at all)? Romanian courts and all? Does he even need to perform the changed man routine when he comes out? Who else does he need to keep up his appearance for? The Matrix always hated him anyways, and his whole shtick is to not compromise on his lifestyle just because the Matrix tells him to :D 

Edited by Carl-Richard

On 16.1.2023 at 2:07 PM, UpperMaster said:

Is it possible for a sociopath like Andrew Tate to be enlightened?

No. It is not possible for any person, sociopath or not, to be enlightened.

"Andrew Tate", like every person, is a veil pulled over "The Enlightened One", or the true self.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

On 18/01/2023 at 0:15 AM, vladorion said:

The character in the movie and the movie itself is obviously affected by realization. For example, the character can start talking about her realization, teaching etc., she may lose interest in things that were interesting before. The experience of life in the movie feels very different. So it's not like they're completely separate.

Yes, it's an imperfect metaphor. 

A character talking about apparent enlightenment has nothing to do with enlightenment. 

The "experience of life in the movie" is just the movie. 

A character never attains enlightenment.

Apparently.

3 hours ago, roopepa said:

No. It is not possible for any person, sociopath or not, to be enlightened.

100%

Apparently.

It's just a movie playing out. There isn't a self (a separate doer, chooser) somewhere "inside Andrew Tate". That's the illusion.

If we would have to say that there are enlightened people, IMO it would be far more on point to say that everyone is equally enlightened, Andrew Tate, Sadhguru, Ramana Maharshi.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

On 16/01/2023 at 9:09 PM, Leo Gura said:

The core issue is one of truth. Tate fundamentally doesn't value truth so his chances of Awakening are next to nill.

He could always reform himself. But that would require admitting that his whole philosophy was toxic garbage. So don't hold your breath for him.

Maybe a few years is prison will change his heart.

U killed 2 people

U murdered people

2 people died because of your philosophy

Today u r a liberal. So the elite will not come after u. Tomarrow if u go against liberalism , the elite will bring up your 2 victims and every cringe thing u said and make a propoganda campaign against u and basically brainwash every noobie and everyone that u r a cult leader and things like that basically.

I mean think about it. Think of all the cringe things u said when u were a noobie in psychidelics. Wouldnt u think there is enough propoganda material out there to portray u as a cult leader, narcisst ,etc etc

The only reason tate is attacked is beacuse he pose a threat to the elite and to liberalism basically. His cancellation did not work. So they are arresting him. 

Do enough research instead of attacking him based on propoganda and ideological differences. Read some history  books on how the elite killed martin luther king , malcom x , micheal jackson etc etc. 

The way i see it u r a dogmatic idealogue basically. Making a video about ideology does not make u immune to it.

16 hours ago, AJBrew said:

@UpperMaster I see what your saying. I don't really think its as much of a lack of empathy as it is more of a deep seated anger that he has towards woman. 

Might be man