Bobby_2021

How to make peace with the suffering of "other" creatures?

33 posts in this topic

@gettoefl Why and when has that been the case in your life?

@Bobby_2021 Why are you making peace with it? Why not solve it? And if you can't, is it the suffering of others that you need to make peace with or your own weakness/ignorance/incompetence? 

Also worth making a distinction between pain and suffering, personally what I call suffering is needless pain that could be avoided if things were structured in a better way. Helpful pain that grows you is obviously a good thing and completely different. 

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3

38 minutes ago, LordFall said:

@gettoefl Why and when has that been the case in your life?

every time i got the job the girl the house

i was taking the food out of your mouth

@gettoefl That's a weirdly scarce and zero-sum way of looking at the world. If anything by getting a job or getting money by creating your own business you're creating services and abundance in the world and helping me out. If people didn't spend their life and get millions from building nice hotels or creating restaurants or becoming great software developers and lawyers then I would have nowhere to eat and no websites to use and my country would be in chaos. 

By taking the girl that I was into you're both giving me the motivation to become a better version of myself and giving me the freedom to find a girl that I'm even more compatible with and would enjoy dating even more. 

<3

4 minutes ago, LordFall said:

@gettoefl That's a weirdly scarce and zero-sum way of looking at the world. If anything by getting a job or getting money by creating your own business you're creating services and abundance in the world and helping me out. If people didn't spend their life and get millions from building nice hotels or creating restaurants or becoming great software developers and lawyers then I would have nowhere to eat and no websites to use and my country would be in chaos. 

By taking the girl that I was into you're both giving me the motivation to become a better version of myself and giving me the freedom to find a girl that I'm even more compatible with and would enjoy dating even more. 

what i am saying is, my survival rules every decision i make, if you have to suffer then so be it

i am here to enjoy to the max and whatever i have to do to have one more day here i do without remorse

@gettoefl I you really mean that then you have a lot of work to do. That mentality is stage red. Even stage orange is way beyond zero-sum as they try to make win-win deals with people to get a lot of materialistic gains long-term. 

<3

8 minutes ago, LordFall said:

@gettoefl I you really mean that then you have a lot of work to do. That mentality is stage red. Even stage orange is way beyond zero-sum as they try to make win-win deals with people to get a lot of materialistic gains long-term. 

doing the favor of showing how the man in the street operates pertaining the topic at hand, there isn't me here though i have been through it plenty

point is to disattach from suffering and to see that suffering is none of your business, you cant suffer and never have

On 1/16/2023 at 3:27 PM, Gesundheit2 said:

Even if it was only you that experiences suffering directly, the suffering of others will indirectly cause suffering to you in the long run.

It is possible to simply turn off my mind from having to experience suffering of others, and a lot of suffering of yourself.

But I am not sure I even want to do it. Solipsism is powerful. I can lean into it and deconstruct the suffering of others. It's quite possible and I am tempted to escape suffering by brute forcing solipsism.

It feels wrong somehow somewhere. I won't do it. 

You should be able to dictate the terms of how your own mind works. I don't believe that suffering comes externally and you have no choice whatsoever in regulating it. 

23 hours ago, gettoefl said:

another suffers only to the extent that you suffered

contemplate that

if you haven't suffered others suffering will seem slight

Is this really the case?  I don't think so. Buddha was living a luxurious life of a king before he met and emphasized with the sufferings of normal people. 

On 1/16/2023 at 3:01 PM, Leo Gura said:

Maybe there are higher states beyond that which will change your understanding

Like that mouse state you had? :ph34r:

There will always be a higher state that will change your understanding.

On 1/16/2023 at 2:50 PM, StarStruck said:

You can't save the world, so feeling bad for them is not going to change anything for them anyway. The root of all suffering is desire, observe this cause-effect in others and yourself to raise your consciousness by being the change.

You can do a lot of things to minimise the suffering, but do you really want to do it? 

You can certainly save many individuals and puppies from suffering. 

I personaly dont force myself to feel empathy for sufferings and I also to force myself to not feel it. It all comes naturally. Like when you watch a movie and a certain scene where someone is experiencing suffering brings you to tears. You feel naturaly the tears coming, you dont need to analise if that was solipsistic or not, you felt it, and as far as you know nobody is crying but you. I feel no intention to descontruct suffering or pain. Sometimes I even miss to cry a bit. i pass days without being moved by something beautiful,like an act of Integrity, and then when I see, it moves me and tears comes down. This is also part of life too. I watched the Solipsism vídeo a couple times, is amazing and deep, but still while one is living on default mode is sane to live in the mode one is living. At least for me. 

Last time I felt this empatic connection it was with a documentary called "Doing Good" .This old man healing people with his hands. You see and you feel the love involved in the interactions. 

Asking if one day I would make peace with the suffereing of others, animals or humans?  Why would I desire to be in peace with the suffering? While I am alive I want to feel everything possible to feel. I am in peace that I never will be able to end suffering.

My sister had a baby, and there as suffering involved. I personaly did not feel anything from her childbirthing, and this dont make her birth any less real just because I didnt see it. 

Rigth now I am not seeing any animal suffering in front of me. If the experience to see it will come one day  it comes naturally and if I feel like make intervention I will do as the moment ask. But suffering feels very real when is with me, physical or emotional. 

Edited by Rafael Thundercat
Add some context

25 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Is this really the case?  I don't think so. Buddha was living a luxurious life of a king before he met and emphasized with the sufferings of normal people. 

buddha's insight is you suffer because you take for permanent what is impermanent; he suffered almost to the point of death prior to his enlightenment

The way I view other beings and souls suffering is to look at it like an observer that has no stake in the suffering or in finding a solution. It is not mine. It doesn't belong to me. I feel compassion for what the soul is going through, but I also know its not mine. If I learn by  proxy, so be it, but I don't feel the pain, nor do I let it sit inside me and fester. 

Suffering is Godly, it's balance, it must be looked at like a need for the person or thing suffering. Suffering brings growth and development, don't be sad for them, be happy for their soul path, they are doing the work.

1 hour ago, Bobby_2021 said:

It is possible to simply turn off my mind from having to experience suffering of others, and a lot of suffering of yourself.

But I am not sure I even want to do it. Solipsism is powerful. I can lean into it and deconstruct the suffering of others. It's quite possible and I am tempted to escape suffering by brute forcing solipsism.

Now you are waking up. It's true that nobody ever suffered but you. From here there is just a choice whether to believe in the selfless radical implications of oneness God that Leo proposes or a selfish God who reincarnates into comfy/healthy bodies or eternally recurs. Personally, Leo's version of God (where everyone who ever suffered you have to live their life) did not make me feel love at all, it gave me a mental breakdown. Since then I've had further awakenings and live from a solipsistic outlook instead of a oneness outlook. Nowadays I suffer way less, feel more content, and sleep like a baby. Although I'm much more selfish, I see no problem with it - there's only me here after all.

Happy wife equals happy life.

The collective/others are your wife.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)