Bobby_2021

How to make peace with the suffering of "other" creatures?

33 posts in this topic

Suffering oneself is one thing. What if I see some other creatures suffering and it is bugging me to the core? 

What most people do is to turn a blind eye to it. By willful ignorance you can have peace thinking that the world is sunshine and rainbows. But that's not true isn't it.

Many people are starving to death right now. Puppies are shivering in the cold. Mothers haven't eaten in days. They go through excruciating pain every single moment. 

But if I am the only being in the universe, only I can suffer. "Other" creatures can't suffer because there is no "other", but me.

Can I use solipsism to find solace from having to experience the suffering of others? 

Thoughts? 

44 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Can I use solipsism to find solace from having to experience the suffering of others? 

No, you should feel their suffering as your own.

Don't avoid suffering. Mindful observation of suffering will mature you.

Suffering is a very effective teacher.

It's healthy and beneficial to feel sad at the suffering all around you. This will spiritually deepen you and grow your Love.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Nah, don't find solace outside of the pain of compassion.

Just let it infect your core until it shakes away your impurity and burns the sins out of your soul.

...Until you get that unshakeable feeling of injustice that inspires you to be better.

Personal development is the goal right? 

we are literally God's name, continuously pronouncing.

You can't save the world, so feeling bad for them is not going to change anything for them anyway. The root of all suffering is desire, observe this cause-effect in others and yourself to raise your consciousness by being the change.

In Tate we trust

It's not intended to change them, it's intended to change you.

And as you change your actions will change others and the world.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura But still technically there is only one being suffering, and that is I. But out of Love I can still feel empathy and the suffering of the illusion, and the relative. 

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

Just now, Arthogaan said:

But still technically there is only one being suffering, and that is I.

Is that your direct experience or are you just parroting things you've heard?

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Is that your direct experience or are you just parroting things you've heard?

Now I am parroting, but I was in states where that was the direct experience.

Just now, Arthogaan said:

Now I am parroting, but I was in states where that was the direct experience.

Maybe there are higher states beyond that which will change your understanding.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Maybe there are higher states beyond that which will change your understanding.

Well, that's why I am @user'ing you, because I am open to such possibility. But my highest states do not indicate that and thats why I would appreciate your pointings.

@Arthogaan @Bobby_2021

Even if it was only you that experiences suffering directly, the suffering of others will indirectly cause suffering to you in the long run.

Think about it. Would you rather live in a world where others are suffering or happy? Especially when the cause of that state could trailed/traced back to you.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

9 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

@Arthogaan @Bobby_2021

Even if it was only you that experiences suffering directly, the suffering of others will indirectly cause suffering to you in the long run.

Think about it. Would you rather live in a world where others are suffering or happy? Especially when the cause of that state could trailed/traced back to you.

I totally agree. 

Just like in a lucid dream, when you are a Loving person, whole dream becomes loving. If you are a selfish person in your nightly dream you will generate a selfish world.

But still, technically, when I wake up in my room and start to fill my mind with pictures of famine and hunger in Africa I imagine suffering where there was none just a second ago. Out of empathy and selflesness we sometimes feel the pull to imagine and think about those things, but from Solipsistic point of view we create that suffering where there was none. So in a way when we are lovingly ignorant there is no one suffering. 

So then arises a certain paradox, that to be empathetic I should be ignorant to not create suffering by my imagination. It is convoluted I know, but I yet have to crack that nut of insight to reconcile it.

@Arthogaan You don't have to suffer for others, as that'll probably only set you back, anyway. Instead, just try to do your best to help them, and be absolutely pragmatic about it.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's healthy and beneficial to feel sad at the suffering all around you. This will spiritually deepen you and grow your Love.

This is a profound point!

another suffers only to the extent that you suffered

contemplate that

if you haven't suffered others suffering will seem slight

if you have will seem heavy

empathy is saying i have felt what you are experiencing

crank it up or tamp it down

Strongly recommend watching this one, start at 2:20, watch it until the end.

I went through a period of intense suffering and strong empathy and even feeling strong guilt for all the pain and suffering there is in this world. Humans, animals, plants, ecosystem, etc.

Being alive means witnessing and creating pain and suffering.

Eventually you start to realise it's part of life. There is no life without pain and suffering. But we can reduce it.

This is a good phase in life, with a powerful message. There is no creating without destroying.

For now, in this sensitive state try to reduce your exposure to news and media. Balance out the negative with the positive.

Edited by OmniNaut

You will reach a point where you are certain that you are doing your best. At that point you will find a balance between empathy for others and for yourself (you can’t help everyone, don’t hurt yourself over this basic fact)

20 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not intended to change them, it's intended to change you.

And as you change your actions will change others and the world.

Damm, this should be in the quotes in the blog imo

Hits hard

contemplate that you want to survive and will inflict/allow any suffering to that end

if it's me or you, sorry you have to go