Mips

Alternative psychedelics for god realisation

11 posts in this topic

In the event that I’ll not be able to take 5-MEO due to my epilepsy, which of the non-tryptamines is the most likely to be able to get to that place? I’m thinking LSD, shrooms etc. 

What’s the difference between any one those with regards to epilepsy 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Shrooms are a tryptamine.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

LSD and shrooms are both similar enough to 5-MeO that I wouldn’t consider them to be safe for your epilepsy if 5-MeO gives you issues. 

This is the type of question you should be asking a psychiatrist or pharmacist rather than strangers on the internet. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Didn’t realise shrooms are a tryptamine.

Digging around, it seems that there’s not too much rock solid info as to what’s safe or not for epilepsy re. psychedelics. It looks like they can lower seizure threshold, but it’s very dependent on the individual. Some say they experienced seizures for the first time on psychedelics, others that have a long history of epilepsy report no seizures triggered by taking them. 

There are hints that people with photically induced epilepsy may be more at risk, which I don’t have. But in general it seems to be highly variable from person to person - the fact is that there’s a real paucity of research in this area. As a result, it seems asking doctors, psychiatrists or pharmacists will yield little useful info. In fact most will automatically advise against any illicit drug to protect themselves, understandably. 

I hate to say it, but I may just have to go in blind & test it for myself. It’s a bit scary, but I’d it’d be a shame to have to rule out the possibility of psychedelics for awakening for the rest of my life. 

Edited by Mips

@Mips Dude, 1g of mushrooms is not gonna kill ya.

If you are so skitish, psychedelics are not for you. They will skullfuck you a hundred different ways and you gotta be willing to take it like a man. In the end it only lasts a few hours. You are not as fragile as you think.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just make sure there is someone there with you if you decide to take them.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Mips Dude, 1g of mushrooms is not gonna kill ya.

If you are so skitish, psychedelics are not for you. They will skullfuck you a hundred different ways and you gotta be willing to take it like a man. In the end it only lasts a few hours. You are not as fragile as you think.

Nicely said, exactly what I needed to hear ?. 

I did a lot of acid, shrooms, E,  etc. recreationally back when I was young, it’s just that I became epileptic a while after that. It’s really the epilepsy I’m worried about rather than the trip as my seizures are quite severe when I get them, albeit quite rare.

But I think you’re right, just go for it & balls it - I’ll just have to risk it or I’ll never know. My psychedelic coach recommends 2-3g per trip but I might go for 1.5 for the first one to ease into it.

My strategy is to get a good few mushroom & LSD trips under my belt with my coach to clear away as much of the old baggage as possible & thoroughly learn how to integrate - and then ease into 5-meo.

Also meditation, inquiry & sporadically listening to the videos. Just listened to the power of not-knowing, fantastic, changed my viewpoint completely. Thanks for all this, it’s making a big difference for me.

Edited by Mips

@Mips Based on what I've read on epilepsy, psychedelics and the brain, I would theorize that they are definitely capable of triggering seizures.

I'd only proceed if that's an acceptable risk to you.

I've seen people have convulsions on low doses of LSD, although they weren't full-on epileptic seizures, their entire body started shaking and their eyes moved erratically, and they didn't remember it well afterwards.

Then again, if I search, I can find one anecdote of someone who stopped having seizures after taking LSD.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@flowboy Ahh ok, thanks for that.

Edited by Mips

On 1/15/2023 at 8:19 PM, Mips said:

In the event that I’ll not be able to take 5-MEO due to my epilepsy, which of the non-tryptamines is the most likely to be able to get to that place? I’m thinking LSD, shrooms etc. 

Why consume fountain water when Fiji, or reverse-osmosis filtration based water is easily accessible?

I was always one to jump directly into the pool as toe-dipping seems alot like 'beating around the bush'.

Edited by Aiwass