Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
maryam

Depressed After Watching Leo's Videos On Enlightenment

11 posts in this topic

I watched Leo Videos on Enlightenment and now i am depressed and fearful,please advise !

Be specific about your problem. What's making you feel depressed or fearful?

You've only just gotten a glimpse of a glimpse of a glimpse of Enlightenment. It's the tip of the tip of the tip of the iceberg. There's probably even more layers than that.

As I delve more and more into enlightenment, books, research, meditation I am starting to freak out more and more but also at times I feel at peace and confident. Does anyone else get like this? Is this normal?  I get this feeling like I'm not real and then I freak out. Just looking for guidance.  

I can't believe myself sometimes. 

@Avi yeah man. I get the same thing happening to me.  In fact I felt pretty depressed about it today.  These are just egoic reactions I believe. They are always temporary but expect them to keep happening as you progress.  Enlightenment is some scary shit.  

I think that's normal. I felt something similar when I watched the video. It takes several days to recover. 

My advice is probably go do some brain entrainment. Otherwise it's completely okay to feel depressed.

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

On 2/13/2016 at 4:02 PM, Avi said:

As I delve more and more into enlightenment, books, research, meditation I am starting to freak out more and more but also at times I feel at peace and confident. Does anyone else get like this? Is this normal?  I get this feeling like I'm not real and then I freak out. Just looking for guidance.  

Absolutely this is normal! You are learning things that challenge your basic understanding of reality. If that doesn't shake you up then you don't understand what is being said.  Anytime you try and drastically shift your paradigm you will have a mental  reaction as well as a physical one.  

When this happens I would like to suggest stopping and taking sometime with what it is you are learning and ask yourself "why is this bothering me so much?", doing some meditation and breathing exercises can help with this anxiety. 

Edited by Rayko

It's normal for your ego to get depressed when its perception of reality is challenged. It can get fearful, angry, sad... you name it. But nothing bad will happen to you, trust me. Depression is just an illusion. Maybe you can watch one of Leo's videos about depression. Or look up what Eckhart Tolle says about this subject. He always makes me smile. :D

Simple thing. Don't watch them.

Enlightment for me is an idea. A concept. There is no first-hand way to experience it for me at this state so I just do my things and if it comes one day, fine. If not, that's fine too. I would suggest the same for you, don't waste your time with this high level stuff, first set the basics right. You can't build a house starting with the roof.

I'd recommend reading Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now. I love Leo's videos on enlightenment but they are a lot easier to watch if you've had an introduction to the subject, and The Power of Now is a really gentle yet incredibly powerful one.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

That's great !

Now you have awaken for new possibilities of mindset independent of the old ego based view of the world.

If you feel bad is great to do some exercises, stuff you like and spending some time with nature.

Is very shocking when we discover the path to new possibilities of life that we never be conscious before.

Keep going e do what your heart tell you to do !

When I started enlightenment work I was freaked out and I hated it. I heard a guiding voice in my head that was always telling me to do things that I didn't want to do. When I would give into the voice it almost always guided me in the right direction. After years I finally I read "Conversations With God" and realized that I wasn't losing my mind. That voice is now the guiding force in my life. Today it told me not to add oil to my car engine but I did it anyway just top it off. Then I got distracted and forgot to put the fill cap back on. This afternoon I drove a few miles and smelled burning oil and popped the hood to find oil blown all over the engine. Gotta listen to that intuition.....