EmJay

Which Guru Should I Follow?

21 posts in this topic

or Which of Leo's Videos I should Watch?

I think I should just watch whatever, I need, in the Present Moment. Thats How Growth Happens

Thanks

Decide to become a leader and become original.  God is your guru.

Edited by r0ckyreed

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

• Spiral Dynamics.
  • 9 Stages of Ego Development.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Each teacher offers different style, information, aesthetic, insights and tends to be stronger in certain areas than others. You can only know by spending time listening/ reading from them. It may be worth while to explore with an open mind. 

I found the more I listened around the more synergistic each teacher became as I grew to understand a bigger picture of the spirituality/ self help territory. I personally found Leo’s teachings to be my favourite overall, but that doesn’t mean there’s not loads of value in other perspectives. I even hesitate to pick a favourite. Also, you go through a process of seeing things in new light as you listen and grow as a person. One teacher or topic may not make sense or be of value today but may be tomorrow. 

Leo offers a very strong teaching. Which should be supplemented with reading diverse perspectives, listening to other gurus and met with practice and direct experience. In my opinion it’s worth being objective, curious and looking for the big picture.

It’s a long term process.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I follow everyone who makes logical sense. But trust my own logic above every teacher. The things Leo says often don't make logical sense to me. For example things going full circle doesn't make any sense. But reality being infinite and groundless does make sense.

I left this forum because a moderator has a problem with me talking positively about myself and giving advice. This reflects the forum as a whole. This place is negative, bitter, hateful and anti success. If you don't notice this that's because you're one of them. I hope some of you benefited from my posts. Take care.

On 15/01/2023 at 7:02 AM, EmJay said:

I think I should just watch whatever, I need, in the Present Moment. Thats How Growth Happens

Thanks

Do like me, watch all. The ones you feel you could not listen properly with open mind and no getting triggered watch twice after contemplation about the content. 

@EmJay Follow yourself.

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

On 1/15/2023 at 2:02 AM, EmJay said:

Thanks

Go through his mp3 and watch + Listen to 1 episode a day. Bottom to top.

Edited by Aiwass

All of them, here are some of my favs

Jordan Peterson
Jesus
Buddha
Leonardo Da Vinci
Paulo Coelho
Cristiano
Kobe
MJ
Mike Tyson
Confucius
Charlie Munger
Warren Buffet
Tai Lopez
Leo
Andrew Tristan Tate
Alex Jones
Trump
Georges St Pierre
Fedor Emelianenko
Khabib
Aristotle
Nietzsche

Wes Watson (ex con)
Michael Franzese
Eminem
Lil B
Giannis
Michelangelo
Bosch
Floyd Mayweather
Dalai Lama
Arnold (can't believe i forgot him haha)
Marcel Proust
Benjamin Frankli
Ray Dalio
Lao Tzu
Carl Jung

Learn from everyone, Leo is someone that is the most challenging for me to follow as a right wing Christian, but I love/love/love some of his content, so I couldn't care less about the massive disagreements we have politically speaking, I just take what I like and leave the rest. Here's a playlist of my fav vids of him;

12 hours ago, omar30 said:

No one.

there isn't something called growth.

In order to follow myself, should I take YOUR advice and follow only myself or should I come to this conclusion on my own?

If I want to follow others and that's my opinion am I following myself or am I following others?

@EmJay 

Use your brain.

Prioritize truth even over feeling good/being happy. This should protect you from wishful thinking, which most people here suffer from.

You can listen to "gurus", but don't get brainwashed by them. They could be right, or they could be wrong, you don't know.

Edited by Blackhawk

I also got value from:

Vernon Howard

David Richo

Osho

Robert Greene

Lee Holden

Mantak Chia

Dr. Yang Jwing Ming

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@2ndComing

You can't completely follow others you can get a lot of help from people that doesn't mean you're following.

Read about the idea of Pendulums from the book reality transerfing.

Guru is a much misused word these days.

Strictly speaking a guru is one who guides you to Awakening.

In this respect, hands down the best guru is psychedelics.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Tony Robbins and his team will be live on Youtube in the next few days so maybe you can listen.

But then again, Threadstarter is a self-proclaimed Stage yellow and Tony Robbins is stage orange so there's little you can learn from him, if any.

Back to Leo Gura or Sadhguru perhaps.

On 1/21/2023 at 0:20 PM, Eyowey said:

I follow everyone who makes logical sense. But trust my own logic above every teacher. The things Leo says often don't make logical sense to me. For example things going full circle doesn't make any sense. But reality being infinite and groundless does make sense.

Look into what I bolded more. Then it will make sense. A cycle that never ends....is infinite and groundless, but that cycle is one half of infinity. It would need pain to start a new type of cycle. This would need to continue forever for all infinity. 

Notice everything resolves around cycle, but each cycle also is changing in infinite ways forever and ever. An infinite number of cycles within cycles which are also itself changing and those changes are changing. 

Really think about it.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

You really have no choice but to follow to teachers who's teaching / style / energy etc. you resonate with.

But don't forget to use your discernment.