mmKay

Nestle Baby Formula Scandal. Heavy metals in Baby food.

57 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Don't you think it has anything to do with the fact that historically homosexuality would have been punishable by death or castration and nowadays people can actually come out without fear of death? 

That's a factor, but I am talking about the chemical factors that make people LGBTQ.

Yes , more people come out of the closet these days because the danger is gone, but there are also simply more LGBTQ people to begin with due to toxins and the like.

Homosexuality has been documented even among animals.

Of course, and animals too are affected by chemicals. Hence the frogs turning gay meme.

You can isolate an animal in a lab, inject it with chemicals, and make it gay or screw with its mental development.

Everything you are hinges on chemistry. If you chemistry was modified a bit you would be a baboon. Never forget that. The difference between you and a baboon is 2%.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, Bojan V said:

@Leo Gura

And where i live, there is no woke BS. I didn't even know what "woke" means untill few years ago.

Woke ideas have spread to everywhere, and rarely are they labeled as "woke". It's just part of culture.

The idea that being gay is normal and hip is a woke idea. You only have this idea because some human fed it into your mind.

Edited by Leo Gura

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course, and animals too are affected by chemicals. Hence the frogs turning gay meme.

Lions in the wilderness are affected by chemicals? Chemtrails?

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes , more people come out of the closet these days because the danger is gone, but there are also simply more LGBTQ people to begin with due to toxins and the like.

Evidence.

Yes, the idea makes sense, but you have to prove it, not just intuit it. "Of course changes are happening from chemicals in the water, and LGBT is a change - so LGBT is caused by chemical differences!" Well, you still need to prove how that's true.

And if it was true, you'd have to prove that it's bad.

8 hours ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Lions in the wilderness are affected by chemicals?

Lions are not going hog wild with LGBTQness.

But yes, even lions get chemicals. There is not a lake in the world unpolluted by chemicals. It all circulates around.

Edited by Leo Gura

Illuminatus

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

There is some natural % of gayness within creatures. But as you introduce more chemicals that % increases and trans problems increase.

Similar to how there is a natural rate of mental illness, crime, and cancer in the population, but that percentage dramatically increases when you introduce chemicals like lead and mercury into the body.

Edited by Leo Gura

It’s hard to say conclusively. I don’t think toxins / chemistry plays a role nearly as much as beliefs do. There has always been all sorts of stuff out there in our food.

Society values are always changing. In my dad’s lifetime you could be arrested for being gay and today you can get married if you are gay.

That is a pretty big shift and I think you can look for chemical explanations to make sense of the data but it won’t actually tell you much. Look at stage blue / red countries. Is their food somehow cleaner? Some of these countries say that gays don’t even exist in them xD North Korea must be all about that all organic gmo free food. 

I think some people may have just natural gay / trans tendencies or preferences, but due to the environment and beliefs surrounding this, you have more people choosing to adopt this lifestyle, sometimes even if it’s just “trendy.” the body will give physical pleasure for a lot of things. 

Edited by Lyubov

2 hours ago, Lyubov said:

There has always been all sorts of stuff out there in our food.

Modern chemicals are 100 years old at most. They have never been in our food and water.

Edited by Leo Gura

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There is some natural % of gayness within creatures. But as you introduce more chemicals that % increases and trans problems increase.

Similar to how there is a natural rate of mental illness, crime, and cancer in the population, but that percentage dramatically increases when you introduce chemicals like lead and mercury into the body.

The notion that chemicals in baby food could be influencing sexual orientation or gender identity is not only unproven, it's preposterous. Your credibility is on the line, and you cannot in good conscience stand by such unfounded claims.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Yeah, there might be some correlation between these chemicals and gayness.

Doesn't really mean that it's bad.

Bad is what has negative consequences for the individual.

Gayness is neither right nor wrong.

Calling it bad is completely arbitrary. 

Even trans suicides are mostly caused by shitty social situation with mental health playing into it depending on the specific individual.

Of course if detoxing suddenly turned people heterosexual it might be worth considering.

I'd still say other benefits of removing these chemicals from your system dramatically outweigh any gender identity / sexuality stuff.

Interesting fact: concentration meditation in very high doses has been consistently reported to do weird gender identity stuff too. 

Edited by Michal__

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Modern chemicals are 100 years old at most. They have never been in our food and water.

If it wasn’t chemicals it was bacteria. 

I just don’t think this is something influencing people’s preferences or if it is it’s probably towards the back of the line with beliefs towards the front.

Maybe the metals could lead to more impulsive choices but we also have molly and cocaine now which probably influences that more. We’ve also had alcohol for ages which has also been a substance a lot of people have sex on. 

Seems to me all the gay USA non-binary over the top stuff we are seeing is more just a society trying on new clothes and different values. I don’t think it’s rooted too much in the chemistry dimension. 

Edited by Lyubov

32 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

The notion that chemicals in baby food could be influencing sexual orientation or gender identity is not only unproven, it's preposterous. Your credibility is on the line, and you cannot in good conscience stand by such unfounded claims.

Nothing preposterous about it.

Read this:

https://news.berkeley.edu/2010/03/01/frogs/

But it's not so much baby food as it is adult food which the mother eats. The most important period for determining gender and sexual orientation is in the womb. When mothers smoke, drink, and eat garbage, their babies develop twisted brains. This is well documented by science. The mother's health is paramount to baby health, and many mothers are toxic and sick. Toxins disrupt the proper function of hormones, which then affects sexual orientation.

The baby food just adds gasoline to the fire.

Edited by Leo Gura

31 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

If it wasn’t chemicals it was bacteria. 

I just don’t think this is something influencing people’s preferences or if it is it’s probably towards the back of the line with beliefs towards the front.

Maybe the metals could lead to more impulsive choices but we also have molly and cocaine now

You are not appreciating how seriously pesticides, heavy metals, and other modern chemicals like Teflon affect the healthy function of animal bodies.

If you roast some almonds for your pet parrot on a Teflon pan, feeding him those nuts will kill him. That's how poisonous Teflon is. Yet mothers just cook their food on Teflon for years without a care in the world. Then they act surprised that their children have mental disorders.

At least half of human sickness and disorders are caused by modern chemistry. We live in the Age of Poison. Nobody even knows yet how bad it is because it's all hidden under corporate lobbying. If people really knew, all these food and chemical companies would be sued to death.

Edited by Leo Gura

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You are not appreciating how seriously pesticides, heavy metals, and other modern chemicals like Teflon affect the healthy function of animal bodies.

If you roast some almonds for your pet parrot on a Teflon pan, feeding him those nuts will kill him. That's how poisonous Teflon is. Yet mothers just cook their food on Teflon for years without a care in the world. Then they act surprised that their children have mental disorders.

At least half of human sickness and disorders are caused by modern chemistry. We live in the Age of Poison. Nobody even knows yet how bad it is because it's all hidden under corporate lobbying. If people really knew, all these food and chemical companies would be sued to death.

I mean, I see your point. I just am not sure where the chemistry line ends and the belief line begins. Seems like there’s always something kinda crazy going on in society. Also, prior to modern chemistry a lot of people were just peasants and drank a ton so it’s difficult to gage it with the health of prior generations since modern medicine has kept up. All I can say is I wonder how people would be different if this stuff was cleaned up from foods and homes. Do I think it would end all the glitter hair gay “my pronouns are xe xer ” stuff? Not sure. Seems like it’s gen z’s version of being edgy. I have a family member who even identified as like non binary or whatever just from hanging around mean green sjw types then seemed he dropped that as soon as he made a new group of friends.

Edited by Lyubov

14 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

just am not sure where the chemistry line ends and the belief line begins.

That's the point. You will never find such a line. It's a complex multifactorial matter.

Chemistry also drives beliefs, and beliefs drive chemistry. Most people don't even believe that Teflon is toxic.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Michal__ said:

Doesn't really mean that it's bad.

Bad is what has negative consequences for the individual.

Gayness is neither right nor wrong.

Calling it bad is completely arbitrary. 

1) I never called it bad per se.

2) "Bad" here is not a moral judgment, it just means maladaptive. Trans people are not bad but they are maladaptive in that they suffer from their own confusion and have problems getting laid and starting families. Also, not being able to reproduce is maladapative by definition of evolution. Healthy human civilization requires successful reproduction in sufficient quantity. So if 50% of the population turned gay, yes, that would be very "bad".

Imagine the military develops a "nuclear bomb" you can drop on a country that turns half the population gay. Would you be okay with that? Or would you consider it an existential threat?

Edited by Leo Gura

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

1) I never called it bad per se.

2) "Bad" here is not a moral judgment, it just means maladaptive. Trans people are not bad but they are maladaptive in that they suffer from their own confusion and have problems getting laid and starting families. Also, not being able to reproduce is maladapative by definition of evolution. Healthy human civilization requires successful reproduction in sufficient quantity. So if 50% of the population turned gay, yes, that would be very "bad".

Thanks for clarifying.

It is still interesting what high doses of concentration can do to sexual identity (I'm talking hundreds of hours in weeks). I could provide a link to another meditation forum, if that wouldn't be against the rules in this specific context, for research.

Whether that's could be explained as being more sensitive to the changes the chemicals causes or exploring mor of your own psychology or both is also a thing.

Also, less people nowadays give a f* about reproduction whether straight or gay or whatever which might be bad for civilization but let's be real, most people care about their own life not civilization. 

Edited by Michal__

5 minutes ago, Michal__ said:

Also, less people nowadays give a f* about reproduction whether straight or gay or whatever which might be bad for civilization but let's be real, most people care about their own life not civilization. 

And that is a real problem.

Conservatives are not wrong to be freaking out over that.

Edited by Leo Gura