Jannes

Don’t want to get scammed

13 posts in this topic

I worked in a kiosk for about 84 hours as a side job which makes around 1k in euros which is a decent amount for student standards. 
I recently found out that the kiosk owner is probably a giant cheater and a few times I saw his behaviour towards customer which showed that he doesn’t have a lot of morals. He told me all kinds of stories about how he inherited a giant 75 million fortune and that he manages all kinds of businesses including this kiosk as a job and I believed him like a naive sucker. A coworker of mine who is an ex criminal talked to me about it in private and basically explained to me what kind of person he is and that he has a lot of intuitions that he does some kind of shady businesses or plans to do them in the future. My gut feeling tells me that I can trust him way more then the kiosk owner especially given the most likely lied story about the 75 millions. The ex criminal said that he basically has his old criminal days behind him and now wants to do legit shit. Tomorrow is pay day where I am supposed to get 252€. I will reduce my working hours on the following weeks to see how things unfold. I really like my job. It’s super chill so I can do philosophy and it’s 4mins away from home. 

What do you say? Should I quit asap to not risk getting pulled into something illegal or should I wait a bit and let things unfold?

@Jannes Personally I'd look to work elsewhere.

If he's prepared to act scummy towards others, he'll be prepared to act scummy towards you imo

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

I mean if you have to ask then that says a lot in of itself, doesn't it?

It's just a job, so finding a new one shouldn't be too hard or take too long.

Yeah I am planning to leave in a tactical manner. 
But on the other hand I have quite a big interest in exploring these peoples psyche and learning how to deal with them but I am afraid that I will become like them in the process. 

For example at the beginning he told me that I could grab certain water bottles for free so I drink that water regularly. 
That might be a tactic of him. He could say that I was stealing the water and gets an upper hand on me somehow. It sucks but I am amazed by the possibilities of a criminal mind. 

Edited by Jannes

20 hours ago, Ulax said:

@Jannes Personally I'd look to work elsewhere.

If he's prepared to act scummy towards others, he'll be prepared to act scummy towards you imo

if he is a scammer, then this is absolutely true. only a matter of time.

On 15/01/2023 at 6:20 PM, Jannes said:

That might be a tactic of him. He could say that I was stealing the water and gets an upper hand on me somehow. It sucks but I am amazed by the possibilities of a criminal mind. 

You're already getting paranoid just by being there.

I've had a job once (door to door sales) where most people including the owner were scammers or criminals or lowlifes.

And they scam each other constantly when they can, too.

After I quit, they kept trying to suck me into their toxic world with promises of making more money if I sold for them, some shady enterprise with a shady product, joined this or that MLM scheme, maybe grow a little weed in my house or sell it for them, it was an absolute shitfest and I regret going along with their schemes even a little bit.

Those people are like bloodsuckers. Give them the benefit of the doubt and they see it as a weakness, they'll assume you're a sucker they can profit from. Ask critical questions and demand to read the contract you're signing, and they get hostile.

Meanwhile, they are constantly broke, in debt, in trouble with the law, and blowing all of their money on cocaine.

I've hung out with psychopaths, rapists and lowlifes quite a bit in my early twenties, due to my naivete and the fact that they were work colleagues.

Can't say it did my mindset a lot of good.

I did get sucked into a scam, what's worse, I let these people interact with my parents on one occasion and they tried to suck them in too, which I facilitated. I'm still ashamed about that, haha.

It didn't cost me any money in the end, but I got sucked into their violent, criminal mindset for a bit, which definitely had some negative consequences.

I would say get out, it's a poisonous environment.

Are you writing a book on lowlifes, and that is your life purpose? Then take the risk and stay. That would be the only exception.

People who have 75 million don't show up in kiosks.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

1 hour ago, flowboy said:

Those people are like bloodsuckers. Give them the benefit of the doubt and they see it as a weakness, they'll assume you're a sucker they can profit from. Ask critical questions and demand to read the contract you're signing, and they get hostile.

Yes exactly. Their mentality is so different it’s really fascinating. 

1 hour ago, flowboy said:

People who have 75 million don't show up in kiosks.

I am so naive I actually construed scenarios where this would make sense. I thought because he is still very young he might not want to risk his money on big projects and just wants to collect experience with smaller projects. That’s what I would probably do. And I also thought it’s not the only project. Maybe he does it for fun so his friends have a place to chill… 

A coworker joined a few weeks ago. He just got out of jail and says he was a cheater his whole life and knew my boss was a cheater the second he saw him. And he was right. My boss didn’t pay me or my coworker any money. So my coworker made an indicate at the police that my boss opened packages of customers which he appearently saw. The kiosk is now closed. My boss changed his phone number. The story of the opened packages is in the newspaper. My boss reacted and now blames my ex criminal coworker for the opened packages. This went to shit really fast lol.

He owes me a bit more than 1k which is quite a lot for my standards. I read through the whole employment contract because I had a bad feeling about him but completely overlooked that on the first page his name was missing. It is a contract between the kiosk and me not him and me. I have his signature at the end but idk if that counts. I have WhatsApp, customer and probably camera evidence that I worked there but idk if that’s enough. I will go to the police and ask them tomorrow.  

in English:

„I gave him a job because he just came out of prison and needed a job really bad. I guess my heart was just a little to big.”

What a fucking degenerate lol. 

2D32DE31-3DD7-49B7-869F-59763A16D3AD.jpeg

@Jannes

Just what I thought would happen (not exactly opening parcels, but some unintelligent actions)... now you get your study. Would you please keep updating us? I'm interested in what will happen to the ex-criminal co-worker and if the Boss will be convicted.

25 minutes ago, Jannes said:

@supremeyingyang

Yeah it’s a good lesson for me for sure. 

Sure when I have news I will inform you. :) 

Hey, thought about how I phrased it and I want to let you know that you did the right thing. You realized it early and then started to transition out. I just hope that the ex-criminal won't get into troubles if he is not guilty.

16 hours ago, supremeyingyang said:

Hey, thought about how I phrased it and I want to let you know that you did the right thing. You realized it early and then started to transition out. I just hope that the ex-criminal won't get into troubles if he is not guilty.

Thanks. 

yeah I hope so too. I hope there is enough strong evidence that the case gets resolved quickly.