Visionary

Nothing Behind The Scenes? Crucial Question For Everyone!

13 posts in this topic

Sup guys,

I have some big difficulty realizing there really is nothing behind the scenes. And isn't this something crucial to adequately realize your true nature? But how can you? You wouldn't stand in front of a train with your eyes closed and ear shut, would you?

It's like when you're being unconscious. I realized that being unconscious also takes place in consciousness and is also reality/existence. But I realized this after THINKING about it. It was no direct experience. It was a realization through a thought. How valid is this? Does this not mean that there also exist things behind the scenes? Because you are NOT conscious of it and can only realize it through a thought? Like knowing that there are billions of people on this planet you call earth, outside of your bedroom.

But how can we classify something like that as "behind the scenes" and thus bullshit/ a concept? While justifying your "realizations" through the same process?

Very crucial question imo.

Enlighten me please :)

Edited by Visionary

All thoughts are meaningless. Just empty sensations pointing to nothing. Ponder that for a while.

"Billions of people on the planet" << just a story

"Can only realize through a thought" << just another story

"I was born" << just another story

"I will die" << just another story

"Behind the scenes" << just another story

In this work, you have to realize that nothing is real unless it's happening RIGHT NOW directly within experience. Any other ideas you have about reality are just that, ideas. And ideas are real, but they are not their content. An idea of your birth is not actually your birth, it's a sensation occurring in the now. An idea of Santa Claus is real if it's occurring right now for you, but Santa Claus himself (the content of the idea) is never real. This is the case EVEN with so-called "true ideas". For example, for you, that the Earth is round, is just another idea.

The problem is that you're getting lost in the content of ideas, without being aware that all ideas are sensations occurring in the now. You're literally mesmerized by idea to the point where you can't see straight.

Unless you grasp this basic point deep in your bones, your self-inquiry will go nowhere. You will waste 1000s of hours and be no closer to enlightenment.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

38 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

All thoughts are meaningless. Just empty sensations pointing to nothing. Ponder that for a while.

"Billions of people on the planet" << just a story

"Can only realize through a thought" << just another story

"I was born" << just another story

"I will die" << just another story

"Behind the scenes" << just another story

In this work, you have to realize that nothing is real unless it's happening RIGHT NOW directly within experience. Any other ideas you have about reality are just that, ideas. And ideas are real, but they are not their content. An idea of your birth is not actually your birth, it's a sensation occurring in the now. An idea of Santa Claus is real if it's occurring right now for you, but Santa Claus himself (the content of the idea) is never real. This is the case EVEN with so-called "true ideas". For example, for you, that the Earth is round, is just another idea.

The problem is that you're getting lost in the content of ideas, without being aware that all ideas are sensations occurring in the now. You're literally mesmerized by idea to the point where you can't see straight.

Unless you grasp this basic point deep in your bones, your self-inquiry will go nowhere. You will waste 1000s of hours and be no closer to enlightenment.

I guess the problem here that at any give moment of our lives we feel this NOW in bundle with body, body is always in NOW so is real, really hard to breakthrough, Leo, thinking than you are more than that. 

I get everything you are saying on the intellectual level, it is not hitting me in my direct experience. 

Edited by Galyna

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

@Visionary I like your point.it makes sense. Whatever we experience in this moment is through the realm of thought and experience. How else can we know anything. We may try hard but we may not be able to lose the true nature of our selves. I mean I understand there has to be something going on at the back of our minds. Whatever realizations we have they are ultimately the product our thought process and experience. It's all experiential. If there is absolutely nothing behind the scenes, even existence becomes purposeless. I get the idea that there can be nothingness. But we don't live in that paradigm. Then how can it apply to us. We live in the consciousness that makes us who we are. To be aligned to an alternative consciousness will be like committing a blunder. How can we blind ourselves from that which is real and essential. So in my opinion there is something going on behind the scenes and in fleeting moments we get to experience some tidbits of that consciousness that we are rarely aware of.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

Well ok, picture this: there is no past, present, or future. Why? It's all in our heads. We think too much as we go about our day. This could lead to overthinking and stress as we go along. We think like this: What are we going to do when we get home? What are we going to do over the weekend? This person didn't do a good job at work...etc. These thoughts are just thoughts. They don't exist. If we knew that, if we practice that, then we are free. We often forget who we are. All these thoughts don't really count. We don't actually exist. We are just here in this "illusion" to learn our lessons. What will count the most is what we do in the "present," which adds up, which is a very narrow frame of "time."

3 hours ago, Visionary said:

Sup guys,

I have some big difficulty realizing there really is nothing behind the scenes. And isn't this something crucial to adequately realize your true nature? But how can you? You wouldn't stand in front of a train with your eyes closed and ear shut, would you?

It's like when you're being unconscious. I realized that being unconscious also takes place in consciousness and is also reality/existence. But I realized this after THINKING about it. It was no direct experience. It was a realization through a thought. How valid is this? Does this not mean that there also exist things behind the scenes? Because you are NOT conscious of it and can only realize it through a thought? Like knowing that there are billions of people on this planet you call earth, outside of your bedroom.

But how can we classify something like that as "behind the scenes" and thus bullshit/ a concept? While justifying your "realizations" through the same process?

Very crucial question imo.

Enlighten me please :)

everything is behind the scenes

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Visionary Have you seen Leo's 'Enlightenment Guided Inquiry - The Neti Neti Method'? This one made me realize and grasp exactly that.  Amazing. 

2 hours ago, BobbyEmily said:

@Visionary Have you seen Leo's 'Enlightenment Guided Inquiry - The Neti Neti Method'? This one made me realize and grasp exactly that.  Amazing. 

Yeah i'm doing it daily :)  The problem is though, my realizations seem to come from thoughts. And thoughts are the exact reason why "things behind the scene" are mere concepts/ideas. I struggle with this contradiction. 

When I look in my garden in winter the flowers are gone, just empty space remains were they use to be. 

Then at spring they come back, that empty space is now full of flowers.

So first there was nothing then suddenly a lot of flowers.

All scientific explanations for this phenomenon explains nothing.

This is pure magic.

16 hours ago, Visionary said:

Yeah i'm doing it daily :)  The problem is though, my realizations seem to come from thoughts. And thoughts are the exact reason why "things behind the scene" are mere concepts/ideas. I struggle with this contradiction. 

Just ask - what is aware of these thoughts? What knows the thoughts?

Shift from contents to experiencer. Objects to subject.

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge

3 hours ago, PureExp said:

Objects to subject.

This confused me a little bit. Did you mean to say "subject", meaning "dependant"? I'm battling with object (in this universe) and observer. From my perspective you PureExp are an object just like an apple is. So where is the "you" that would make you an observer?

4 hours ago, PureExp said:

Just ask - what is aware of these thoughts? What knows the thoughts?

Shift from contents to experiencer. Objects to subject.

How can one realize that unconsciousness is within consciousness without retrogressively thinking at that moment and realizing it through a thought?