mmKay

The habit of Snapping out of Mental Inertia

2 posts in this topic

I've finally picked up "Think and Grow Rich" on audible after hearing about it for years. 

I haven't finished it yet. There is plenty of good stuff , but this one concept resonated with me profoundly.

The analogy he used was the following:

Imagine it's the middle of the night and you find yourself stuck in sleep paralysis : you are awake and conscious but absolutely  cant move your body. 

Breaking out of mental inertia ( I. E breaking out of mindlessly scrolling, procrastination, paying attention to gossip... Etc)  takes that same amount of  focus , willpower and conscious effort than waking your body up from sleep paralysis ( clenching your muscles like your life depends on it ) 

If you have experienced both scenarios before, you will appreciate how beautifully accurate this example is. 

Im guilty of scrolling on YT and also vegging out on my chair wrapped in blankets, alternating between daydreaming  and thinking in absolutely nothing, and overstaying in bed in the morning cause im cozy. That's all good but when sh1t needs to be done its frustratingly counter productive.

When do you see yourself in the need of snapping out of mental inertia? 

Edit: looking at my words i should heat up my house more lol

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

Fuck if I know. I’ve been in a state of low activity for myself for few months now. Maybe this will help though:

I watched it last night and happened to non-doership “my” way into cleaning my house for about three hours after work. I’ve been putting that off for several months now. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY