onacloudynight

How to cope with the fact that you are a liar

25 posts in this topic

How do I feel good knowing that I am a liar?

I do not trust anyone anymore 

26 minutes ago, Loveeee said:

I am that monster??? So how do I eat myself? ??

I want to stop being a monster

I want to eat myself <3

Edited by onacloudynight

We are all lie in various degrees and it's not necessarily a bad thing. It's a survival mechanism that not only humans have. The more intelligent the species, the more complex and sophisticated its form of lying and manipulating would be.

If you lied as a child or your child lies it means that he's developing properly.

To lie is to invent from imagination something that isn't true on the relative perspective and consciously portray this as true. It may be not the most accurate definition though. There are a few kinds of lies and it's arguable what can be considered a lie or when it's bad or good to lie if at all. 

For example, some may say that any kind of lie is bad and even being polite or tactful is a type of lying so it's bad to be polite and tactful. Others may say that politeness and tact aren't considered lies or they are considered lies but good and necessary type of lies to keep positive emotions and making things go smother between people.

lying depends on the context and of what you define as real or true.

If a clock clearly shows that the time is 13:56 and you consider the time on the clock as real and another person says that it shows 17:00 becauae he wants you to think that it's 17:00, then that would be considered a lie.

But if you're watching a show and the clock in the show does not match the time on your watch is that mean that the show creators are lying to you? no. 

Some may say that art is a form of lie because art mostly is something that were invented from imagination and many times doesn't represent reality or represent it but partly. And then the question comes, what is reality? It is a very subjective and biased experience for humans.

How to cope with the fact that such a thing as lying exist within you and others?

1. To accept the tendency of lying within you and others as a matter of fact and to understand that it's an expression of God's intelligence.

2. Valuing honesty, truth and authentic communication. 

3. To become more aware of your own lies and become aware of the reasons you lie (both to yourself and others), that will help you to detect others lies better, will improve your trust in yourself and others.

4. Remember that people who tell you that they are never lie, do lie.

Let Love In

@onacloudynight Well, we learn to love what is. There is a higher realm to trust, and love that you are now on the path to understanding and emobodying.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

14 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Stop lying, and there’s no need to cope with it. 

Hahaha that's a good one ?

@onacloudynight maybe you being a liar and not trusting anyone are connected. Start trusting people, feel vulnerable you wont get hit, then you will stop lying.

6 hours ago, Hojo said:

@onacloudynight maybe you being a liar and not trusting anyone are connected. Start trusting people, feel vulnerable you wont get hit, then you will stop lying.

Feel vulnerable you won't get hit?

You aren't going to go from being a liar to telling the truth all the time in a single day. Don't have such silly expectations.

You gain more awareness a little bit at a time and catch yourself more often. Until you become more truthful, or at least as truthful as you want to be.

hrhrhtewgfegege

When you believe in a lie deeply enough, that becomes your reality.

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

is there anyone ready for the truth though

i'll stick with the lies

16 hours ago, Hojo said:

@onacloudynight why would anyone be a liar. Its learned by being punished for telling the truth.

We are all liars. We lie to ourselves everyday.

On 11.1.2023 at 9:53 PM, onacloudynight said:

I am a liar

Are you?

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

On 1/12/2023 at 10:15 AM, onacloudynight said:

Hahaha that's a good one ?

It’s not a joke. If a murderer comes to me and asks how he can murder without going to jail, I’ll tell him to not murder. It’s that simple. Stop trying to escape the consequences of a lesser action while still doing it. You’re completely missing the point. 

Maybe it’s a good thing that lying makes you feel worse. I think the inverse would be a much worse problem. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Feel into it and accept it? It's not complicated but it is difficult.

The paradox is that when You accept yourself, You change.

Be honest with yourself 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

59 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

If a murderer comes to me and asks how he can murder without going to jail, I’ll tell him to not murder.

Mr. Wiseman :)

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.