Majed

how do you assess someone's character ?

18 posts in this topic

other than using spiral dynamics, how do you assess the character of someone ? 

@Majed

1 hour ago, Majed said:

other than using spiral dynamics, how do you assess the character of someone ? 

Other than when I'm not hammering the person with Spiral dynamics, I use the following: Ken Wilbur's Integral theory, Myers Briggs personality types and other personality typology, the nine stages of ego development, varies wheels of life, and my intuition based on how much I know the person personally, and what my intuition 'signals' to me, the person's 'vibe' to me. And many other smaller modals that I compile and synergize for myself.

Sometimes, with spiritual development, doing some spiritual practices, I sometimes, because maybe meditation and letting go and mindfulness practices, I can tell so much also by who they are identified as an ego, and what their fears are, usually their EGO and MANY FEARS gives me more than enough to determine character. I also am a bit special as well, which I have to say is very hard to teach others to emulate, like it's my uniqueness I'm trying to communicate, which is really hard.

Look for the intentions behind what they say and do.

Look for hypocrisies in their behavior.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

If in person I follow intuition, verbal, non-verbal clues, vibe etc... there is  Human Desing reason why I flow better with some and not with others, but is hard to make the Human Desing profile just by intuition, but I can get rigth sometimes.basicaly the radiance or lack of it shows a lot, and when the person open his or her mouth they expose what they are, by words or just the breath smell hehe. 

With writings and video is  also possible to acess . For me instead of trying to categorise a character i simply acess if I need to skip the minutes in a video or the pages in a book, I am unapologetic about it, If a movie dont match you why keep watching it, same with books and videos. Life is short to shitty books ,videos and companies, and there are plenty of options today.

The only exception I open is when I want to give the person the chance to reveal more of himself because I may have a biase to break ,and that person appears in my field to help me break it, so easygoing people and difficult people can serve for growth. I say this because I feel implicit in your question the "Why" would I want to acess someone character? And for me personaly would be to check is there is some space of growth in this relationship or not, or even the danger losing time or even get involved in unecessary stuff. 

One day I didn't read well a person and that was almost costing my life. Long story but was a man assalting the hotel where I was receptionist and I opened the door for him confusing he for a costumer. So, knowing to acess fast people can save your life. Ask the girls who got involved in Tate Scheme if they could smell the rabbit Hole they were going into. 

Edited by Rafael Thundercat

INTUITION. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

Well, for starters, the default assumption should always be unconscious and foolish until proven otherwise. It's just the default condition of being a human.

Secondly, always assume selfishness, regardless of everything else. Selfless people are low-key, humble, and on top of that super rare, so you won't likely meet them except by pure luck, and definitely not on cameras.

Thirdly, always be hyper-skeptical and hyper-critical of anyone that has a godly/saintly appearance. More often than not, they're the devil in disguise, and the appearance is just to lure gullible people in and make them put down their defenses.

Fourthly, actions speak louder than words.

The rest is fine-tuning that you will gain through age and experience.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Follow their wallet and you have a pretty good idea lol.

hrhrhtewgfegege

4 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Secondly, always assume selfishness, regardless of everything else. Selfless people are low-key, humble, and on top of that super rare, so you won't likely meet them except by pure luck, and definitely not on cameras.

Projection. You always think others are bad. Look within. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

22 hours ago, Roy said:

Follow their wallet and you have a pretty good idea lol.

I like this 

Look how they act around people. Waitress, homeless and those less fortunate.

And small acts. I rented a house for 3 months from a close friends sister and she never charged me for electrical bills, just rent.

Stuff like this tells alot about people.

I listen them carfully and see how close their words match their actions.

I observe how they talk about and treat people with both better and worse status than theirs in life, animals, disabled people, different people than them like people from the opposite sex, different age group, different race, different culture.

I listen to how they talk about people we both know but aren't present in the conversation.

I observe how they talk and treat people that they consider close to them like their partner, parents, children, friends, themselves. 

Let Love In

"TRUE CHARACTER is revealed in the choices a human being makes under pressure—the greater the pressure, the deeper the revelation, the truer the choice to the character’s essential nature." - Robert McKee

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

it depends on what you want to assess in a person. If you are hiring someone for work, you can assess them using the big 5 personality trait test.