Someone here

Few questions for Leo

18 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura You mentioned recently that what reality is ,is a Universal Mind that imagines things into existence. And that there is no limit to what this mind could imagine or create . I want to know the mechanism of creation. Like how exactly does this mind creates ? Why do we have something rather than nothing ? How do we get anything from scratch ?I can think of my nightly dreams and by analogy I don't find a mechanics behind my dreams..my mind just dreams shit up out of thin air . Is that also the case with the universal mind ?

Was that mind eternal and existing outside of time (because time itself is something it imagined and created ) Which lead me to the second question..if there is no limitations to what could that mind imagines..then does that mean that any hypothetical universe or creature I imagine in my mind right now, that thing exists ? So pink unicorns..flying kangaroos..Elfs ..creatures with different genders than male female (hyper genders creatures )etc..? All that exists ?
And my last question is that what is the ultimate purpose of creation ? Does this universal mind have an agenda /plan /purpose / goal to what it creates ? Is it sentient or dumb (automatic)? Ļike does it spawn things into existence endlessly just because that's what it does and can't help but to continue to create infinitely? Or does it have a say in the matter?  Like does it have control over what it creates or just creates randomly in a  chaotic manner ?
And my last question is what's the ultimate fate of all reality ? You said in one your videos that all things will eventually merge together in the Godhead and become formless forever. But then you said God will get bored of that and decides to divide itself again and go through an infinite chain of creation again . So does that mean that reality will never rest in peace ?it will always gonna be dreaming something?
Thanks.

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

all that you raise in my humble opinion are enigmas impossible to understand from our human mind. First of all, reality is eternal. this means that it exists from infinity. everything that happens has happened infinite times. can you understand this? not. no one can understand infinity, neither leo nor anyone. maybe he can understand it while he becomes infinite, but once he becomes finite, he loses that understanding. from the finite the infinite is incomprehensible. I see more and more clearly that the effort of the mind to understand is an obstacle. the finite mind must let go.

@Breakingthewall i think reality is capable of infinite Self-Understanding.  

if I'm God and I created it all but I forgot how and why and where and when etc ..that doesn't mean I can't remember all that and have access to all that. 

Although I agree with you that it cannot be understood via the finite mind .we must expand our consciousness to understand. 

-Osho

OK, seems like Leo chose to ignore the questions lol.

If anyone interested in discussing these questions, please go ahead. 

-Osho

@Someone here I'd like to be of assistance, here. But in my responses, bear in mind that I've only realised that (awakened to)  Reality is Mind, and haven't yet tapped into that Godhead which is.. what is referred here as Universal Mind. Okay

15 hours ago, Someone here said:

I want to know the mechanism of creation. Like how exactly does this mind creates ? Why do we have something rather than nothing ? How do we get anything from scratch ?

The mechanism of creation is simple, it is self-evident and unveiled. The problem, here, is the common mistake of thinking about the Mind as a faculty/facility, instead of the One Activity of infinity (existence)

Think of the Mind as a verb, not a noun. In this way, the mechanism which you seek is the very Mind in question.

Look up the verbal definition of the word, it is along the lines of.. care to be conscious of something (anything).. this is the mechanism. Hence sayings like: “Don't mind that.”; “Never mind.”: “Do you mind?”. It's because Mind is an activity, the only activity, it's what the infinity does - to mind or not to mind - that is the question.

And this truth can be verified just about anyone, all that is needed is for you to pay enough attention. Just look.. if you don't care about something, will you be conscious of it?

There are a lot of things that aren't in your awareness right now, and so often the reason isn't the lack of intelligence, it is simply the lack of concern. The moment you care about a situation is the instant you become conscious of that situation, like, “OMG, I haven't fed my fish, today.” or, “I haven't done my homework.” and typically, “I did not realize my mistake.”

But, as I've said, the mechanism of creation is a self-evident truth. Another problem which hinders you from perceiving it is the assumption of an external world - a world outside your Mind (direct experience/reality). Because of this assumption/belief, there is no way that Mind is an absolute because there is that activity which is outside of it, though, there is in fact none. 

If you can just pay enough attention to your direct POV in this instant, there is no way you could not realise that this is what Mind (verb) looks like. It is precisely this!

Lastly, before you can realise Mind, you would have to realise Infinity, otherwise your experience of separation will forever be dominant and continue to hinder your ability to realise Mind, fully.

16 hours ago, Someone here said:

I can think of my nightly dreams and by analogy I don't find a mechanics behind my dreams..my mind just dreams shit up out of thin air . Is that also the case with the universal mind ?

You don't just dream shit up as randomly as you make it sound. Your dreams are your Mind's response to the subconscious concerns you have. Every dream ties to a concern you have, something that you care about, something that has gotten hold of your attention but haven't yet realised it. If you had no subconscious concerns, you would have dreamless peaceful nights.

Was that mind eternal and existing outside of time (because time itself is something it imagined and created ) Which lead me to the second question..if there is no limitations to what could that mind imagines..then does that mean that any hypothetical universe or creature I imagine in my mind right now, that thing exists ? So pink unicorns..flying kangaroos..Elfs ..creatures with different genders than male female (hyper genders creatures )etc..? All that exists ?

Yes. Mind exists. That within the Mind is not separate from the Mind, it is one with the Mind. So the pink unicorn exists because it is the activity, it is Mind, not outside the mind.

And my last question is that what is the ultimate purpose of creation ? Does this universal mind have an agenda /plan /purpose / goal to what it creates ? Is it sentient or dumb (automatic)?

This is where the concept of God should rightly come in. Take the traditional meaning of the word God as That Which Rules. Then we can ask, “Is the creation random? Or is the creation a response to an order, that is to say is it orderly?” Otherwise, why should there be a purpose? And if there is truly no purpose for anything, then why do we care to be conscious of things - why does the infinity Mind

I'll leave this to you to consider.

According to Chinese philosophy, everything is a combination of yin and yang.  When a quality reaches its peak, it naturally starts to turn into the opposite quality.  The union of the two brings forth things.  Yin and yang transform each other, like a current in the ocean, every advance is completed by a retreat, and every rise is transformed into a fall.  The conventional principle is: “Yin creates yang and yang activates yin”. 

Yin is like a single playing card and Yang is like a deck of playing cards.  With a deck of playing cards, one might perform a myriad of games like poker, solitaire, gin rummy, etc.  However, with just one card, those games would be considered impossible.  This scenario showed that yin and yang aspects depend on each other in order to produce a dynamic and harmonious system.

Also, everything that exists is the result of multiple causes and conditions.  Each of the causes would need other causes to be present together with their respective conditions.  In general, the dependent appearance is only the ultimate result of a variety of aggregation activities observed by the mental consciousness.  And just with balanced circumstances, there could be opportunities for process integration, that is, under balanced phenomena, we could see the prevalence of appearances and vice versa.

The doctrine of Dependent Origination is depicted below: -

Equanimity (E0) leads to stability.  Stability leads to aggregation.  Aggregation leads to agitation.  Agitation leads to information.  Information leads to knowledge.  Knowledge leads to representation.  Representation leads to memory.  Memory leads to compulsion.  Compulsion leads to ignorance.  Ignorance leads to blindness.  Blindness leads to disorientation.  Disorientation leads to confusion.  Confusion leads to irrationality.  Irrationality leads to impulse.  Impulse leads to sparkling.  Sparkling leads to inkling.  Inkling leads to volition.  Volition leads to awareness.  Awareness leads to consciousness.  Consciousness leads to manas.  Manas leads to mind and body.  Mind and body lead to sensation.  Sensation leads to six sense bases.  Six sense bases lead to conductivity.  Conductivity leads to contact.  Contact leads to stimulation.  Stimulation leads to feeling.  Feeling leads to experience.  Experience leads to craving.  Craving leads to grasping.  Grasping leads to clinging.  Clinging leads to unsettling.  Unsettling leads to becoming.  Becoming leads to creation.  Creation leads to birth.  Birth leads to energising.  Energising leads to mobility.  Mobility leads to hauling.  Hauling leads to aging.  Aging leads to draining.  Draining leads to death.  Death leads to fragility.  Fragility leads to segregation.  Segregation leads to diffusion.  Diffusion leads to discomposure.  Discomposure leads to adjustment.  Adjustment leads to alignment.  Alignment leads to equanimity (E1).

The bottom line is that life has no real purpose.  If things are made to be, they shall be, and vice versa.  The applicable principle: This arising, that arises; this ceasing, that ceases.  Ultimately, we are nothing more than manipulations of our own mental consciousness.

@Someone here It's good that you are so curious.

But rather than me filling your head with words, how about you leverage that curiosity to actually directly discover and experience the answers for yourself?

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

18 hours ago, Someone here said:

Like does it have control over what it creates or just create randomly in a  chaotic manner?

No, God doesn't create randomly it may seem like chaos to your human mind but it isn't no one can fully understand god it's impossible.

there is a limit to our human mind.

49 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But rather than me filling your head with words, how about you leverage that curiosity to actually directly discover and experience the answers for yourself?

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

20 hours ago, Someone here said:

Universal Mind that imagines things into existence. And that there is no limit to what this mind could imagine or create . I want to know the mechanism of creation. Like how exactly does this mind creates ? Why do we have something rather than nothing ? How do we get anything from scratch ?I can think of my nightly dreams and by analogy I don't find a mechanics behind my dreams..my mind just dreams shit up out of thin air . Is that also the case with the universal mind ?

Every thing is like a symbol or metaphor for what goes in the mind.

Truth just be's the truth. Falsehood however, needs a symbol (an appearance, form, perception of).

then does that mean that any hypothetical universe or creature I imagine in my mind right now, that thing exists ? So pink unicorns..flying kangaroos..Elfs ..creatures with different genders than male female (hyper genders creatures )etc..? All that exists ?

No. None of it exists. It's falsehood; that which is not.

And my last question is that what is the ultimate purpose of creation ? Does this universal mind have an agenda /plan /purpose / goal to what it creates ? Is it sentient or dumb (automatic)? Ļike does it spawn things into existence endlessly just because that's what it does and can't help but to continue to create infinitely? Or does it have a say in the matter?  Like does it have control over what it creates or just creates randomly in a  chaotic manner ?

Creation is like a veil pulled over to hide your true self.

It is belief in separation and hence fear and guilt projected as sort of a "movie" playing out, displaying a metaphor for beliefs (the ego).

It displays the same belief over and over like record, just in different form, until the belief is dispelled.

And my last question is what's the ultimate fate of all reality ?

Cessation. "There is no end to what never began."

But then you said God will get bored of that and decides to divide itself again and go through an infinite chain of creation again . So does that mean that reality will never rest in peace ?it will always gonna be dreaming something?

Truth already rests. Truth does not dream, it just be's the truth. Only falsehood needs a symbol (form). Falsehood never be's though, that's what falsehood means. None of it ever happens. Like a blink of an eye and not even.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

On 12/01/2023 at 10:40 AM, A Fellow Lighter said:

@Someone here I'd like to be of assistance, here. But in my responses, bear in mind that I've only realised that (awakened to)  Reality is Mind, and haven't yet tapped into that Godhead which is.. what is referred here as Universal Mind. Okay

The mechanism of creation is simple, it is self-evident and unveiled. The problem, here, is the common mistake of thinking about the Mind as a faculty/facility, instead of the One Activity of infinity (existence)

Think of the Mind as a verb, not a noun. In this way, the mechanism which you seek is the very Mind in question.

Look up the verbal definition of the word, it is along the lines of.. care to be conscious of something (anything).. this is the mechanism. Hence sayings like: “Don't mind that.”; “Never mind.”: “Do you mind?”. It's because Mind is an activity, the only activity, it's what the infinity does - to mind or not to mind - that is the question.

And this truth can be verified just about anyone, all that is needed is for you to pay enough attention. Just look.. if you don't care about something, will you be conscious of it?

There are a lot of things that aren't in your awareness right now, and so often the reason isn't the lack of intelligence, it is simply the lack of concern. The moment you care about a situation is the instant you become conscious of that situation, like, “OMG, I haven't fed my fish, today.” or, “I haven't done my homework.” and typically, “I did not realize my mistake.”

But, as I've said, the mechanism of creation is a self-evident truth. Another problem which hinders you from perceiving it is the assumption of an external world - a world outside your Mind (direct experience/reality). Because of this assumption/belief, there is no way that Mind is an absolute because there is that activity which is outside of it, though, there is in fact none. 

If you can just pay enough attention to your direct POV in this instant, there is no way you could not realise that this is what Mind (verb) looks like. It is precisely this!

Lastly, before you can realise Mind, you would have to realise Infinity, otherwise your experience of separation will forever be dominant and continue to hinder your ability to realise Mind, fully.

So does that mean that Mind Is all there is ,and hence, there is no mechanism or method behind its process of creation ? Because that's what I sort of alluded to in my "nightly dreams " example...they just pop into your awareness while you are asleep out of nowhere . Entire worlds..down to every molecule are manifested just like that (snap ). Interesting stuff .thanks for sharing 

-Osho

On 12/01/2023 at 10:59 AM, A Fellow Lighter said:

This is where the concept of God should rightly come in. Take the traditional meaning of the word God as That Which Rules. Then we can ask, “Is the creation random? Or is the creation a response to an order, that is to say is it orderly?” Otherwise, why should there be a purpose? And if there is truly no purpose for anything, then why do we care to be conscious of things - why does the infinity Mind? 

I'll leave this to you to consider.

I see what you mean.  There is no purpose other than whatever we imagine. Take, for example, the usual “purpose in life” self-help rubbish in internet articles . Take your pick:

“Your purpose in life is to be useful”

“Be like a brick!” (whatever that means, be like a prick would be actually more useful)

“Respect animals around you!” (who the hell doesn't?)

“Osho says bla, bla, bla…”

Are you happy? Is this what you want? I didn't think so, either.

So Instead of wasting my  time with pseudo-philosophical BS, i should turn off my computer or smartphone and take a walk in the park.  I know This won't help me find my purpose in life either, but it's good for health anyways.

Thanks Chad ?

-Osho

On 12/01/2023 at 11:55 AM, Naturalist said:

The bottom line is that life has no real purpose.  If things are made to be, they shall be, and vice versa.  The applicable principle: This arising, that arises; this ceasing, that ceases.  Ultimately, we are nothing more than manipulations of our own mental consciousness.

Hmmm...If humans were told their purpose and the reason they were created, do you think they would follow that purpose?

I understand that Humans were not created for a purpose. They just bubbled up from the primordial soup of quarks, as it were.

Setting that aside, they do have a fabricated purpose, namely, to make things better, and for the most part, though imperfectly, they do adhere to that purpose, as I prefer to put it. Most humans do try to make things better, ultimately with a view to greater happiness for themselves. 

-Osho

On 12/01/2023 at 0:26 PM, Leo Gura said:

You are right.  In fact, I'm being lazy when I ask these kind of questions over and over again on the forum.  All these questions you did answer and have whole youtube episodes about each topic I raised .

I should work on deriving the answers for myself and stop assuming you to be my online guru who delivers me all the answers on a silver plate .

-Osho

On 12/01/2023 at 3:14 PM, roopepa said:

There is no end to what never began.

Great quote ?.

Seems like we will be around for eternity.  Enjoy your infinite existential prison.  Or don't .?

-Osho