Bob Seeker

Can't tell if I'm just supposed to do whatever I want in life

5 posts in this topic

I have been feeling like nothing matters more and more.

Like nothing particularly meaningful at least until I invest in it heavily and grow attached to it, or it relates heavily to my survival.

So I just decided to write everything I think I want on a dream board and go for it so I don't just sit around and do nothing.It kind of bugs me that I know so little and there's no way my mind could produce the optimal path for me. I can hardly even decide what I want.

I also wonder if just going for things that I want will begin to tempt me into just going in circles and not growing.

To be honest though, I don't think so. I think reality is intelligently rendering my life no matter how dumb I am, it is unfolding a higher vision for my life that I probably couldn't do much to mess up.

I guess I'll find out because I don't really know what else to do. The dream board is the only thing that really keeps me positive and moving consistently with some confidence.

If I just "go with the flow" or I "just live consciously" I end up experiencing doubt or I just get lazy.

Edited by Bob Seeker

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

Hey, when I felt like there was no right path, I found it helped to look into hobbies and jobs that would give me skills that would be useful for me. I looked into martial arts, writing, and went for a job in sales in order to get more conversation/confidence skills.

Maybe look at the dream board you made and plot out things that would help you get there, even if it's just by building skills that might vaguely help towards the goals.

@katewashere welcome!

I appreciate the advice. This is what I seem to be doing. largely defaulting to hobbies now to see if I can pick up on inspiration and craft it into a living. 

Hi Bro, you cannot just do whatever you want in life.

Eg I want to eat fried chickens every day. Does that mean you eat them every day?

I want to smoke. Does that mean you smoke every day till you die?

Even more extreme examples, I want to hurt and kill some people tonight. Can you do these?

It will just lead earlier to your demise.

I think I've got it.

I have invented a few purposes for myself and if I go hard at it, I will probably stop thinking so much about me and what to do next. Not really worry about whether every little thing is really the best for me or if it is a mistake. I'll also have the impetus to be disciplined and give to society.

We'll see how it goes.

Thanks all for the replies.

"whatever or how you a wanna do it, we can do it, like we late.

Ay, wait, Deezle, let me just get the 8-0-8...

...As I hit the kill switch.

Now that's how you let the beat build biiiiiitch!"

Edited by Bob Seeker